fantabulous friday * hour by hour *

sumayyah

please try again
couldnt see the daily so thought i would start it today

thought i would merge fabulous and fantastic as thats what kind of cambridge day were all going to have, any arguments about that and you'll have me to deal with, lol

my heating has decided to stop working yet again, they promised me last time that it was completly fixed and would work just fine from now on ( this was a month ago )
so today is an extra cold day, im wearing 2 vests, pair of tights, 2 pairs of leggins, jeans, 2 pairs of socks, a tshirt, a jumper, a large cardigen and am wrapped in my blanket. think im slipping into ketosis already, ive had the headaches and ive a mouth like a badgers ass already

Talk about layers! Drink some water and take some paracetomal... the ketosis high is worth it! Thanks for starting the thread.

MM

Hi all well kind of a quiet friday for me today. In laws have taken my wee girl to give me some peace and quiet. Enjoying it now whilst it lasts! Come the weekend it will be madness all over again. Hope everbody else is having a good day :)

Hi all,

Bit late adding to this thread as it's nearly over..!!

Hvaing a good 100% day, really need to get more water down as only done 2 litres, I'll be up all night lol

evening girls, me again!

well they sent someone out for the boiler ( i live in a council house ) as kaya means we get on the emergancy list in the winter due to her heatrt and lung disease. well he took one look, declared it a crap boiler and said someone else will be out to fix it on monday! so much for the 24 hour fix.
so do i put her to sleep on the living room floor with the fire on and hope to god she doesnt move and get her feed tubes wrapped round her neck or do i put her in her cot in the bedroom in plenty of layers and hope for the best with her temperature?

2 packs down and 2.5l of water so far, more water and a choc mint shake to go, yum yum

oh my god she has to stay in a house with no heating!! if i were you i would ring social services and health visitor and make a huge complaint, cold weather can make her ill! they should have you sorted out in 24hrs as an urgent. trust me i work in nhs and u need to stamp your feet and get heard babes! no way wud i wait till monday, as the council they need shooting leaving you at home in the cold with the little one, i have a baby 6 wk old and a 14 month old and i have the heating on and an oil radiator on in the room as its so cold! the oil radiators are fab they heat the room up real quick and maintain it at the temp you want! i go tmine argos.

anyway day 4 over thanks for the advice you gave me earlier, im still struggling with will power and want to eat but keep pushing it hour by hour till i go to bed, i hope im in ketosis tom, i checked today but it was negative, im one of those who prob will take a week and have low weight loss all along...

well good night all
x

infortunatly the council dont care, we were bullied into taking the house, said we would be taken off the list otherwise so i have to drag the wheelchair up 4 steep steps to get her in the house. and the bolier breaks every few weeks for the last 14 months and they tell me each time theres no one registered disabled at my address, at least the woman today was sensible
i put her up in her cot in the end but dropped her while trying to get her in. heard something crack but shes still able to move her arms and legs so hoping the noise was the cot ( shes 4 and a half and in a baby cot as the OT is playing silly ******* and making the whole world and his wife confirm she needs a high/low profiling bed with high sides )

I'm so sorry Claire. Were you able to borrow a portable heater? Also, if your daughter is not registered disabled, how do you get her registered as such. Does she have a social worker? If not, get your GP to arrange for you to get one for her (a social worker I know told me this is the fastest way to get one).

I know what you mean about delays... a friend of mine here, got her family moved to a council house months ago because the one she was living in needed modifications for her son who is in a wheelchair. The landlord where she was living refused to allow them to modify his place. However, months have gone by and council house has not been modified either. She went ftom a 4 bed to a 3 bed because they needed to be able to live in the wheelchair friendly house, and they still do not have it. (She has four kids total.)

I hope that things get sorted today -- maybe if you call the emergency line and say, "If you can't get to the boiler over the weekend, then you have to put us in a BB or supply alternate heating."

MM

Last edited:
oh she is registered as disabled, attends special school etc, social worker told us we need things as a matter of urgancy and then promptly signed us off her case load.
im sure they will get us sorted out eventually with a lot of prompting by me, lol

Hey Claire,

I think I'd contact the caseworker's supervisor and tell her that you are going to go to the newpapers and see if they have any interest in the type of support your child is being given... what a heart-warming Christmas tale (single mother with disabled child allowed to freeze during the month our saviour's birth is celebrated). I think you might get some results.

MM

Last edited:
hi summayah
hope you and little one are ok, i really think your gp should sort all this out for you! call him/her ask for telephone consultation as its prob diff for u to get down there, he shud pull strings through health visitor, all this talk about "children matter project" your not getting the support and help you need at all. u shud not be a closed case from social worker as your child has constant "changing needs" that need to be addressed and reviewed regularly! im shocked honestly i am.
changing subject day 6 today one more day and i weight myself as cd too far, hope ive lost atleast 7 lbs (wishful thinking) not in ketosis yet i checked yest and didnt get a pink so didnt bother checking today as i get disheartened, getting a bot bored of the porridge already! how am i gonna get through the next few months! lol wish i had your spirit and will power youve done great! xx

Back