FAO: Jaylou - Speedfood challenge

LisaC

Gold Member
Hi Jaylou,

After your advice the other day I'd decided to see how many portions of S & SS foods I could have, since Friday morning I've had exactly 40!

:) x

Yay! I am doing this this week too, thanks to Jaylous suggestion. Had 11 on Sunday, 9 yesterday, have made a speed soup with 6 in for today and will be probably having another 4/5 overall on top of that - so if that happens I will be on 30/31 over 3 days. Be interesting to see the results next WI!

I'm doing this too! I'm making myself go for more variety and trying to have 30 different ones in 3 days - fingers crossed for the weigh ins ! I'm definitely going to carry this on next week too as its made me focuss on all the lovely things I can have without weighing and counting ! Good luck x

Gobolino, FANTASTIC idea! Might try that x

Woo hoo! Well done ladies.
Need to add though... it needs to be a portion to count. So a couple of strawbs on your cereal doesn't count - got to be a good handful! (not that I think anyone is doing this though!)

It does make you look at things differently doesn't it, making certain swops and reading the book.

Keep up the good work girls. xxx

I've been making sure I don't count it unless it a correct portion, I've even gone as far as counting my strawberries! I'm loving it & I don't miss grapes at all!!

Me too Lisa, I check what a portion should be. It's quite an eye opener as I was counting salad leaves as one before realising it's half a big bag for a portion!!

I'm up for giving this a go in the hope of a good loss this week. I'm still getting my head round all the speed & superspeed foods but conciously trying to do swaps where I can. I've just been to tecos with a big list so fingers crossed for a better loss this week :D

Hope you do well Sweet Pink! I would eat a punnet of grapes a day which aren't S or SS so I swapped for apples, nectarines
& tons of strawberries, I hope it pays of tonight at WI!

Good luck for your WI tonight. I had some grapefruit after my bacon & scrambled eggs this morning & and planning Seabass & a massive salad for lunch. I love strawberries, raspberries & melon so I have lots of these to snack on too. Just hope it all helps as its going to cost me a fortune!!!:eek:

I know! Wouldn't it be great if for every pound we spent on S & SS food we lost a pound in weight ;)

If only that was the case I might be closer to target now!!! :)

Hey girls, don't forget things like the humble lentil and good old baked beans and mushy peas. Cheap and speedy!

Oh I've had my share of baked beans this week :) As a veggie I should try lentils more but I found them hard to cook, maybe thats something I should experiment with!

So far so good. It definatey makes you much more aware of what youre eating. In saying that today hasnt been as good as I need another trip to the shops but have a nice supper of melon strawberries & raspberries planned (just sent hubby in to get some!!) I'm managing a 6-9 speed foods a day but I'm still finding my feet & discovering new ones to try. two thinks I just cannot do are mushy peas & beans...even looking at them makes me feel queasy!!! lol

Jaylou, just wanted to say a quick thanks and update this thread. Having had weeks of 1lb, 1lb and 2lb off prior, my speed food week gave me a 3 this week and put me in a right good focussed mood for the upcoming week.

My entire group are now doing a speed food challenge for the week :D So thanks heaps :)

been doing this from i rejoined group past wednesday, hope it pays off because i have been enduring alot of foods i wouldnt normally eat.

generally ive been eating;

mushy peas
beans
mushrooms
melon
manderins
pineapple

fingers crossed for tomorrow :)

Back