FAQ what does it need to contain?

jaqys

Gold Member
Along with what we should cover, can everyone suggest their fave links or useful threads, so we can minimise the amount that needs to be typed out :D

I guess we need sections on:

Yogurt
Oatbran
Vegetarians
Tolerated foods
Stalling
Constipation
Dukan Flu
Shopping lists
True weight
Why the diet is not recommended to those with a healthy start weight
Why cant I have xyz
Exercise
Walking

Anything else that is coming up alot?

We really need a Wiki page (like Wikipedia) to co-edit this list.... I can look into this but not right now.

attack shopping lists
"cant get 0% fat, can i use low fat" question.. ive seen it asked on every forum, blog, everywhere.
list of tolerated foods
does using tolerated foods slow down weight loss?

consider opening a page for where you can get products, e.g. quark, fat free fromage frais, some people may be looking for info on where in their general location you can get it, and on this page people can say where they found it, to help people out. ive seen this on other boards and alot of people find it helpful, and with so many people using the board here it would be a real help. people could group their postings underneath different countries to keep the pages tidy.

Anja Ive started a googledoc, will post the link when its in better shape, anyone with the link will be able to edit it without an account.

Bubbles go ahead with a where can I buy x thread, as that will change more often it would need to be separate.

You can so tell Ive nothing to do at work this morning :D I'll drop off the face of the earth when the delivery comes in.

We really need a Wiki page (like Wikipedia) to co-edit this list.... I can look into this but not right now.

Agreed! A simple Wiki would be ideal

Thanks Jacqys - I'm just setting up a google site, then everyone can read and those added with admin rights (you need a google account, not necessarily a gmail address I think?) can edit. PM me your google IDs and I'll add you. Meanwhile the currently empty site can be found here:
https://sites.google.com/site/dukanfaqs/

Edited this post to say: jaqys list is much better! And she's already put more work into it **thanks** so let's forget about the google site unless anyone else wants it. I'll keep the skeleton site closed for now.

Last edited:
Can anyone remember/find the theads about holidays and weekends away?
I know it was covered when Jet was just starting and I think alottolose started a thread on it, cant find either though so far.

Perhaps something on ketosis?
I know I was concerned about being in it at the start! :eek: I've never tested myself but, as I'm losing weight, I'm chilled about it now! :rolleyes: lol

Can anyone remember/find the theads about holidays and weekends away?
I know it was covered when Jet was just starting and I think alottolose started a thread on it, cant find either though so far.

Given the "changes", wouldn't it be simpler to use the currently running Dukan's Daily Mail "holiday diet" for that? (Even if it's bears little resemblance to the diet most of us follow!). That's what's bringing the people in...

I admire you all for your commitment to this.

Just thought of another possible...
Perhaps a mention of the "search" facility.
I now try to do a search first to see if my question has been covered previously on the board thus avoiding repetitive threads.
If people are new to using a forum, they may be unaware a search facility exists.

You've done a great job, well done!
Just hope people refer to it as it's a great source of information for those starting out.

Just a suggestion to add to the FAQ -

Use the subject line of your post to ask your question

Write "How much Oatbran can I eat in Attack" will get the answer you need much faster than a "Help needed" or "I don't understand"

Back