Fat and 50!! I think not..

Very true.. My proper way in day is now Sundays so fingers crossed I don't go off on one again I should have at least a small loss :)

Thank you ladies :D

O.K......Drum roll please.....................

I lost................................. 0.5lbs!!!!!... It's a loss I'm taking it :)

Well done! It's in the right direction so you're getting there :)

Well done littlesis, well done. It is a step in the right direction, and I think it has started the ball rolling for bigger losses in the up an coming weeks. :)

So pleased for you!!! :D xxx

Embarrassing confession time!!! :eek: :eek:

I'm off to the Dr's today as I've been suffering from serious foggy brain (nearly drove into the back of another car the other day!!!!)

Anyway... I've lost..... 2.5lbs not just 0.5 :eek:

I just realized my mistake when I went to change my stats :D

I should also point out it's not just the car incident that's got me worried..Lot's of other things as well :eek:

Foggy brain is one of the side effects of Hypothyroidism but lucky me, as some of you will know it's also a side effect of the menopause...Double whammy..

Big joys...... Not :p

I'm a sufferer too, under active thyroid that is!! Serious foggy brain and rubbish memory. Can I ask how long ago have you been diagnosed? What other side effects do you have? Mine is a fairly recent diagnosis and they are just trying to get my medication right for me but I have noticed I have awful mood swings and I mean literally from one minute to another. Sorry for so many questions :0/

I was diagnosed back in 98!!

The obvious one is weight!! Hair loss, foggy brain as I mentioned, carpole tunnel syndrome, achy joints, feeling cols, tiredness and not as bad but sleep can be a bit hit and miss..

If you go to the Thyroid U.K. web site you can find out some more..

It say's on there to avoid almonds!! I've never been told this before so I'm checking it with my Dr today :)

Well done on the loss! Hope the doctor is helpful :)

Thanks Bostik..

Well he informed me "It's my age".. Thank you very much :p

He want's me start on HRT in another year or two... Not sure I'm over happy about that????

Well done on the amazing loss my love!! :D
Sorry the doctor wasn't very helpful. Or maybe he was helpful and it was just not what you wanted to hear? My Grandma and Mum both started the menopause in their 30's, so I'm expecting it to happen in the next couple of years too!!!

I still think he sounded quick to dismiss the tyroid medication though hun. :)

I really think he should have been more thorough, especially like you said about the near car incident! Maybe ask for a second opinion?

I'm booking my zimmer frame and mobility scooter :D

I'm fine on the whole.. O.H. is being a pain at the moment,,,

I'm counting to ten a lot :)

So.... I've had a bit of a rough time with my OH over the last week or two...

To the point I've started to pack my not used every day things away (not that he's noticed!!).

Needless to say me being me I went into self destruct mode :( but some how i managed to STS.. So a small positive there.. I've got a very hectic week ahead which I'm hoping will include Zumba on Wednesday evening :D

My New Years resolution this year was to put myself first.. Which I did for a couple of months.. Everything still got done but I was much happier.. Well I think I need to step back into that mode.. Hands up I felt selfish but I just felt good about myself and that's not something I can say very often.. So as from today, I am the most important person in my life weather others like it or not :D

Back