Fat Free Sponge Cake

I am trying this in the oven just now as a carrot cake with a little mixed spice and ginger added................ hmmm.... will see how it goes lol........

Just made the chocolate version, came out great. Only problem was cooked it in the oven at the same time as the fake away donner kebab. Cake ended up tasting of kebab, didnt realise until i had assembled it complete with quark filling. Mind you OH face was a picture when he tasted it lol. At least the texture of it was good, will try again, but will cook in the oven on its own .

JoC said:
Just made the chocolate version, came out great. Only problem was cooked it in the oven at the same time as the fake away donner kebab. Cake ended up tasting of kebab, didnt realise until i had assembled it complete with quark filling. Mind you OH face was a picture when he tasted it lol. At least the texture of it was good, will try again, but will cook in the oven on its own .

LOL, hope the next one is ok.

Success, one fat free choccie cake, really surprised at how nice it is. Was a bit worried after the last one, will try to make a lemon one next i think.

I make this as a lemon cake using lemon extract instead of vanilla and a little drizzle of 1tbsp of icing sugar mixed with lemon juice then drizzles over the top. Lovely

I make this as a lemon cake using lemon extract instead of vanilla and a little drizzle of 1tbsp of icing sugar mixed with lemon juice then drizzles over the top. Lovely

Oooh thanks for the tip sounds lush.

Bump! think I am going to attempt this today... Possibly a Lemon version with the syn free lemon curd recipe that is floating around.

Do u think it would be too much lemon to do lemon sponge and lemon curd filling or should I try normal sponge and lemon curd or lemon sponge and quark filling... Hmmm decisions :)

Made this last night (pic in my diary) - but with lemon rind and juice in the sponge.
Made the topping with quark, lemon and sweetner. Nomnomnom! Thanks ladies! x

Ela ine said:
Made this last night (pic in my diary) - but with lemon rind and juice in the sponge.
Made the topping with quark, lemon and sweetner. Nomnomnom! Thanks ladies! x

Hi
Sounds delish just getting my ingredients together. Don't suppose u could post the picture here as I can't find it?

Thanks x

I made this yesterday and considering it's fat free it ain't too bad.the sweetner taste did burn off during cooking but did only use the 99p stuff instead of slenda,and also filled each slice(I made 9) with a tsp of jam and a squirt of low fat aerosol cream and it was yum !
Am going to fill it with syn free lemon curd next time :)

Laura_carlburgess said:
Hi
Sounds delish just getting my ingredients together. Don't suppose u could post the picture here as I can't find it?

Thanks x

Sure x

Attachments

• image-2713466947.jpg
    image-2713466947.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 351
  • image-1423712069.jpg
    image-1423712069.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 349
I've just made the chocolate cake version, for the filling I mixed a White chocolate options hot choc mix (2.5 syns) with the quark and it was yummy! Can't believe it's so low in syns! X

Fantastic...this is a must for those afternoon teas!!:)

Kceb_82 said:
I've just made the chocolate cake version, for the filling I mixed a White chocolate options hot choc mix (2.5 syns) with the quark and it was yummy! Can't believe it's so low in syns! X

Gonna try this one next!! The quark and options filling sounds Scrummy!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back