Fat! - it's time to leave..........Byeeeee....

It has been really hot and humid - so not really weather that makes me want to eat, yesterday I had eggs for breakfast and couscous with med roast veg later in the day - not enough probably but I really couldn't muster up the hunger.

Anyway today is weigh in - have had a quick jump on the scales and according to mine I have lost 3.5lbs which I am really chuffed about, howver it prob won't stay that way once my appetite comes back!! but I will enjoy the moment while I can. See what the official weigh in says this evening:)

Nothing planned for today's meqals - need to do some shopping first - will pop back later with update....................

Well last night's official weigh in was 1.1kg which is 2.4 ilbs (my own personal weigh in was without clothes so maybe that is the difference:p). Plus this was a 2 week since previous official weigh in so I am saying 1.2 lbs per week - am Ok with that.

I also now have a mini challenge to loose 10lbs by 28 September so I am really going to have to obey the rules!!!!

The Challenge started last week for the group so I am saying that I am 1.2 lbs down but still have a long way to go - plus my fellow losers are very competitive - I am guessing it is going to be easy for them - but that is motivation for me to keep on track or be left way behind!

So todays choice is EXTRA EASY-

Breakfast: Weetabix and banana (HEB)

Lunch: Salad with prawns and boiled egg

Dinner: Have some salmon fillets to use up - probably with boiled new potatoes and green beans. Jelly and squirty cream (1 syn for cream)

HEA - milk for weetabix

Have a great day everyone

Have actually cooked creamy chicken korma from the curry heaven SW book - smell lush!!. Move over Salmon fillet!!

Had to come back to say - 'YUM YUM' - that was really good - met my expectations regarding the lovely smells when it was cooking :D, Also had half a chapatti - calculated as 3 syns - didn't realise they were soo many syns!! (6.5 syns for full one!! just one mind!! but I had just short of a half so I'm going with 3syns)

Ended up having banana and Activia 0% fat yoghurt with cereal so am still due my HEB - am sure I will have no trouble fitting it in today as I am having one of those munchy days:eating:

Extra Easy day again:

Breakfast: Apricots (not good were really quite dry!! and I had bought the organic ones so was expecting much better!)

Lunch: omelette with garlic mushrooms

Dinner: Homemade beefburgers with wholemeal bread roll (HEB) salad, SW spicy potato wedges. Have also made a chocolate pudding from recipe on this site with silken tofu -thread is long with should we or should we syn silken tofu if blended :confused:- I have decided that I am not synning the tofu it so it will be 1.5syns for the pudding and I am having it with fresh strawberries to up my superfree portion.

Snacks: fresh cherries, nectarines,

Glass of wine : 6 syns

Didn't have the choc pudding last night, so will have some after dinner tonight:) - alsop 1 glass of wine turned into 3 so syns should be 18!! Oh well onwards ..........................

Today will be another EE day

Breakfast: Tomatoes, scrambled egg

Lunch: Having day at pools with YS so have packed ham sandwich (1.5syns for LF spread and HEB for bread) also have salad and fresh fruit packed so I should have no excuse!!

Dinner: not sure - hope OH will prepare something while we are out:D chocolate pudding made yesterday (1.5 syns) and NO wine at all!!!!

Went for my grocery shopping very early this morning so I have a full fruit bowl and a fridge full of fresh veggies and superfree foods - so why can I not think of a thing to make for lunch!!!! - have left it too late now anyway I just want to grab something quick!!- have been sat at my desk working away and the day has slipped by!! maybe a quick salad just to tide me over then check out the recipes section for some dinner inspiration:)

Extra Easy day today

Breakfast- egg , ham, tomato, 1 slice of wholemeal bread (half HEB)

Lunch - your guess is as good as mine (prob go for the salad although it is now 8mins past 3 here so am a bit late!!)

Dinner : need inspiration - gonna leave my desk and have a browse through some magazines or the recipe section here

Later then:D

Had a TITANIC night last night - disaster of epic proportions!!!

For lunch yesterday (which was 15 mins past 3!!) had another slice of wholemeal bread (half HEB) with ham and tomato plus boiled egg - still OK on within allowances.....but then....

Dinner: Decided to go with the KFC SW way - so had chicken (used smash for coating so syn free), corn on cob, beans, onion rings (coated with herby smash) and SW potato wedges. Still not too bad but not even nearly enough superfree foods. After dinner I sat down to watch a dvd with eldest son and ended up drinking full bottle of wine (lower alcohol stuff 10% - but I'm sure that makes no difference to the syn value) - had every glass watered down with soda but still managed to plough my way through the entire bottle.........then we broke out the pringles and I managed a fair few of those too, then to add insult to injury had small chocolate brownie -not even a BIG fan of chocolate so not sure what was going on there. Well hanging my head in shame this morning!:break_diet:

Today HAS TO BE BETTER!!!!! am going to try and minimise syns for the rest of the week (weigh in is Thursday) to try and compensate.

Extra Easy

Breakfast: melon slices and yoghurt

Lunch:

Dinner:

Snacks:

Lunch: Orzo pasta (cold) with salmon, red and green pepper, tomato, red onion, dressing made from 1tbsp very LF mayo, 1tbsp low fat fromage frais, lemon juice, salt and pepper, fresh chives (serves 2) so 1 syn per serving for mayo

Extra Easy day

Breakfast: Huevos rancheros (spelling??) basically spicy tomatoes with bacon lardons and egg very yummy and 0 syns:). 1 slice wholemeal bread (half HEB)

Lunch: Fruit (not hungry due to big breakfast)

Dinner: what was left of Orzo pasta (cold) with salmon, red and green pepper, tomato, red onion, dressing made from 1tbsp very LF mayo, 1tbsp low fat fromage frais, lemon juice, salt and pepper, fresh chives (serves 2) so 1 syn per serving for mayo

Snacks:toast (HEB) with butter 2 syns and marmite, wine 12 syns

Last edited:
Thursday 12 July

Extra Easy Day

Breakfast - nothing

Lunch: Tuna and sweetcorn sandwich (HEB for bread) 3 syns for mayo and scraping of butter

Dinner: Pasta with sauce made from tomato, bacon, pepper, chili, ate with roast pumpkin and onion

Snacks: nothing today

have felt that I lost focus over the last few days, I have sort of stuck to the plan but it's been out of good luck rather than planning - it could be so easy to slip just now - I have stopped thinking ahead what to eat but am just making it up as I go along - fortunately I have had plenty of free fooods in the house otherwise I know the diet would have been out of the window for a few days! . I know from experience that this is the start of the downward slope for me so I am making big effort to try and regain some enthusiasm for cooking and planning meals. I am really fed up of being overweight but at the same time I am looking for some miracle instant fix which I know is not realistic - so I am kicking myself up the backside tonight and am going to 'start again' .....here goes..................................will be back in the morning in a better frame of mind!!

Yesterday was Ok but not great
EXTRA EASY
Breakfast - egg, mushroom, low fat sausage (1syn)
Lunch - rice, stir fry beef and veggies (2syns for stir fry sauce)
Dinner - Chicken sandwich HEB for bread, 1syn for low fat spread, 1 syn for mayo

Snacks - crisps 6syns, wine 6 syns, toffees 7syns:rolleyes:

Not enough superfree at any meal I think!!

Saturday 14 July 2012
EXTRA EASY:

Breakfast - rasberries, banana and LF vanilla yoghurt

Lunch: slimming world chips and mushroom omlette (loads of mushrooms!!)

Dinner: pork in mustard sauce (2 syns for the sauce) with spring onion mash, carrots and green beans, frozen strawberries and 0%fat greek yoghurt blended together (1 syn for blended fruit)

Snacks:bread (half HEB) with laughing cow light x1 (third HEA) and tomato

Last edited:
Sunday 14 July 2012
Extra Easy (what else!!)

Breakfast. 1 slice wholewheat bread (HEB) mushrooms, egg

Lunch: Tomatoe and red pepper soup, courgette stuffed with savoury mince (sort of bolognaise stylee) parmesan cheese (1 syn) jelly, strawberries, raspberries, spray cream (1.5 syns)

Dinner: Macaroni and cheese SW recipe (1.5 syns)

Snacks: 0%fat activia yoghurt

hi, ive been MIA for a week or so, just catching up on diaries so just saying hi. hope u had a good weekend x

Hope you are OK - noticed that you weren't around...

Am having an up and down sort of time - feel really motivated at the start of the day but am easily led off plan by the end of the day - I need something to keep my enthusiasm going!!

Am totally mixed up with dates too:D have missed a date over the weekend

Monday 16 July 2012
Breakfast: Stuffed courgette!!!!! (left overs:))

Lunch: tomato and red pepper soup (also left overs!!) 2 ryvita spread with 2 laughing cow light (2/5 HEA and 1/2 HEB)

Dinner: Macaroni Cheese - didn't have it last night just had pasta and prawn concoction thing with chili and cherry tomatoes - was just OK!! - not really much taste.

Am going to make the SW doner kebab meat tonight and have it with salad for lunch tomorrow - yum yum and also prepare the butter chicken so it can marinade overnight - this will be tomorrow dinner.......am trying to plan ahead - see how long I can keep this up!!

Claire L said:
Hope you are OK - noticed that you weren't around...

Am having an up and down sort of time - feel really motivated at the start of the day but am easily led off plan by the end of the day - I need something to keep my enthusiasm going!!

Am totally mixed up with dates too:D have missed a date over the weekend

Monday 16 July 2012
Breakfast: Stuffed courgette!!!!! (left overs:))

Lunch: tomato and red pepper soup (also left overs!!) 2 ryvita spread with 2 laughing cow light (2/5 HEA and 1/2 HEB)

Dinner: Macaroni Cheese - didn't have it last night just had pasta and prawn concoction thing with chili and cherry tomatoes - was just OK!! - not really much taste.

Am going to make the SW doner kebab meat tonight and have it with salad for lunch tomorrow - yum yum and also prepare the butter chicken so it can marinade overnight - this will be tomorrow dinner.......am trying to plan ahead - see how long I can keep this up!!

I'm ok been feeling a bit down last week or so with various things so didn't wanna come and bring my misery to everybody else hehe :) feeling a bit better than I was tho.

Sorry that you've been finding things a bit tougher, is there usually a time of day that you start to feel motivation waining? Has anything changed? Your doing so well you can get thus motivation back :)

Let me know what the kebab is like I've seen the recipe but never tried it x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Didn't have the macaroni cheese last night as it was YUKKK, was on a pasta crave though so went for pasta with a bolognaise sauce - better altogether and syn free too:)

Tuesday's diary
Breakfast - smoked salmon and scrambled egg, handful of cherry tomatoes (feel very decadent with the smoked salmon for brekkie on a Tuesday:D)

Lunch - going for the SW kebab (had a little nibble last night and it was 'OMG good!!!!!' - so am looking forward to this with a salad and some yoghurt dressing.

Dinner - Butter Chicken, rice and free veggies (broccoli, carrot and cauliflower mix ) Butter Chicken was lurverly - gonna make it again for sure. Kids loved it too - they are arguing over who can have the left over portion for lunch tomorrow!!

HEA - milk for tea /coffee
HEB - wholemeal wrap for kebab at lunch (I know it's not really a HEB but it comes in at 5.5syns and was wholemeal so I am going to let this one slip in - promise not to make a habit of this!!)

Syns: vodka and diet 7up x 2 (not sure how many syns - will check

Last edited:
I'm ok been feeling a bit down last week or so with various things so didn't wanna come and bring my misery to everybody else hehe :) feeling a bit better than I was tho.

Sorry to hear you weren't so good - hope you are on the up now though :)

Wednesday

Extra Easy:p

Breakfast - Portobello mushroom (grilled) with 2 poached eggs

Lunch: - need inspiration???

Dinner: - Pasta carbonara 1syn

Syns: chocolate 7 syns,

Last edited:
Back