Fat! - it's time to leave..........Byeeeee....

Claire L

Have been reading through the food diaries -they are great - seems to be a good way to account for the day's munchies (good and bad) so I have decided that I should write one too- hope it keeps me on track, or at least makes me realise where I go wrong - hey we are all human!
I have been back and forward on the diet wagon for what seems like all my life and I am now heavier than ever. Well it"s got to change this time and only I can do it. Let me know if I am making any mistakes with the plan :)

So ...fat wobbly bits - it's been fun knowing you (well fun growing you!) but now it's time to leave ............so......Byeeeeeee

Starting weight is 13.2

Today on the menu we have:

Breakfast: Egg, turkey rashers, mushrooms, tomato

Lunch: Pork and vegetable stir fry with noodles 0.5 syn per portion

Dinner: Lazanki (Polish dish- meat and cabbage with pasta - very yummy) 2 syn for oil

Snack: Low fat yoghurt and fruits

HEA: Milk for tea/coffee
HEB: maybe have toast and a cuppa later tonight if I still feel like it (will also be 2 syn for spread)

Thanks Jo

Will need all encouragement I can get as usually I have willpower of about - nil:(

I'm going to try the extra easy plan I think it will fit in easier as I have kids and a hungry OH - hope we can all eat together and same foods.. Hehehe gonna put everyone on the plan...

Oh last night I had a cup of options mint madness hot chocolate (not sure how many points...?3 0r 4??)

Today I plan to have:

Breakfast: Bolied Egg and toast (HEB)

Lunch: Small portion of leftover Lazanki and small salad

Dinner: home made beefburgers (ready and waiting in the fridge) with SW chips and home made coleslaw plus a bit more salad stuff

Also challenging myself to drink 2L of water/SF squash today as I am rubbish with liquids....apart from when it's wine then I don't seem to have any problem at all -- funny that!

HEA will be milk for my cups of tea at breakfast and later this evening

Snacks - friut and yoghurt - oh made some of the cheese scone thingys yesterday while I was feeling motivated so will maybe also have one of those (2 syns each for cheese)

Will report back tomorrow:character00148:

How many calories in the Options?

I drink Cadburys Highlights which are 40 cals per mug which at...... 20 cals = 1 syn ... means they are 2 syns each so you can work the options out from that.

Also watch out for the SF squash - I thought they were free but they are not if you read the cals on the side of the bottle. I don't drink tea or coffee and drink this instead so have to SYN it.

Good Luck

Claire L said:
Thanks Jo

Will need all encouragement I can get as usually I have willpower of about - nil:(

I'm going to try the extra easy plan I think it will fit in easier as I have kids and a hungry OH - hope we can all eat together and same foods.. Hehehe gonna put everyone on the plan...

Oh last night I had a cup of options mint madness hot chocolate (not sure how many points...?3 0r 4??)

Today I plan to have:

Breakfast: Bolied Egg and toast (HEB)

Lunch: Small portion of leftover Lazanki and small salad

Dinner: home made beefburgers (ready and waiting in the fridge) with SW chips and home made coleslaw plus a bit more salad stuff

Also challenging myself to drink 2L of water/SF squash today as I am rubbish with liquids....apart from when it's wine then I don't seem to have any problem at all -- funny that!

HEA will be milk for my cups of tea at breakfast and later this evening

Snacks - friut and yoghurt - oh made some of the cheese scone thingys yesterday while I was feeling motivated so will maybe also have one of those (2 syns each for cheese)

Will report back tomorrow:character00148:

You will get plenty of encouragement on this site it's great. I started off on ee too and I do think it's easiest to adapt to a family most important thing is to remember your 1/3 superfree with every meal even brekkie.

Options hot choc satches are 2 syns. And I know what u mean about wine I love a cuppa but still could drink my own body weight in wine over tea any day ;)

Have a good day x

systema said:
How many calories in the Options?

I drink Cadburys Highlights which are 40 cals per mug which at...... 20 cals = 1 syn ... means they are 2 syns each so you can work the options out from that.

Also watch out for the SF squash - I thought they were free but they are not if you read the cals on the side of the bottle. I don't drink tea or coffee and drink this instead so have to SYN it.

Good Luck

Options hot choc are 2 syns. I'm not sure which sf squash you are drinking but thought I would let u know that Robinsons no added sugar squash is syn free if your looking for one to save your syns :)

Ohh thanks - I have Robinson's no added sugar lemon juice - so great that I can drink this without counting syns.

Not sure what brand of chocolate drink was - the wrapper is in the bin now - could have been 'Options' I guess, it was in a thin packet about 6cm long - mint madness or something- I live in Austria and bought this from a little shop that sells British food - at ridiculous price too - so no worries it's not a regular thing I will be having.

I'm a bit later than usual to write up todays diary cos I've had a busy day at my son's sports day then some shopping, bit of ironing, - went back to school to collect youngest son cut the grass made dinner for family and flopped in chair with a cuppa for half an hour - so much for day off work - feel like I did more than when I'm there - LOL :D - anyway got my second wind now so off we go again.

Extra Easy day (again)

Breakfast. Banana and apple (as out of house at 7.50 to take kids to school - start at 8.20 here in Vienna)

Lunch: Pork kebab with red and yellow peppers and onions, side salad, small portion of rice (bit dry so had a bit of maggi seasoning on rice)

Dinner: Wholemeal bread roll HEB with egg mayo, tomato, cucumber, pepperdew peppers. Chocolate (pinched from son:eek:) 1 syn for mayo (calculated - Austrian brand of very LF mayo - not as good as Hellmans but its only what's available unfortunately) and ?2 syns for choccie - was very small but just hit the spot.

managed a fair few drinks - diet coke and couple of bottles of fizzy water - might use some syns later and have a vodka and coke - it is the weekend after all and I feel virtuous :angeldevil:as would usually go for wine but am making change to voddy for the syns.

HEA - milk for cuppa in morning and suppertime

What a wipe out - my fault for playing the i'm going to be virtuous card!!! well of course I didn't stick to Vodka - went to the favourite wine and of course I didn't just have the one!!! so that must be the week"s syns poured down my neck - and to add insult to injury decided I needed cashew nuts so munched my way through the whole bag - what I want to know is who brought those into the house????

I'm hanging my head in shame now.:sigh:...promise to myself that today will be back on track......fingers crossed cos I'm off to a bbq this evening.

Extra Easy day
Breakfast: poached eggs and toasted bread roll HEB, orange and grapefruit segments

Lunch: pasta and roasted veg

Dinner: BBQ - am going to take some SW dips and potato salad (0 syns) will have salad and meat (no sausages...boo hoo) - punishment for last night! I am going to drive so that will stop me having any alcohol..not that I need any more today - my liver is crying!!

HEA: might have some cheese today - so will have fruit ?herb teas and count syn for splash of milk if I have usual cuppa:)

Claire L said:
What a wipe out - my fault for playing the i'm going to be virtuous card!!! well of course I didn't stick to Vodka - went to the favourite wine and of course I didn't just have the one!!! so that must be the week"s syns poured down my neck - and to add insult to injury decided I needed cashew nuts so munched my way through the whole bag - what I want to know is who brought those into the house????

I'm hanging my head in shame now.:sigh:...promise to myself that today will be back on track......fingers crossed cos I'm off to a bbq this evening.

Extra Easy day
Breakfast: poached eggs and toasted bread roll HEB, orange and grapefruit segments

Lunch: pasta and roasted veg

Dinner: BBQ - am going to take some SW dips and potato salad (0 syns) will have salad and meat (no sausages...boo hoo) - punishment for last night! I am going to drive so that will stop me having any alcohol..not that I need any more today - my liver is crying!!

HEA: might have some cheese today - so will have fruit ?herb teas and count syn for splash of milk if I have usual cuppa:)

Well things don't always go to plan and it's happened now so draw a line like u said and today's a new day :) enjoy your BBQ and don't leg last night ruin it x

Bit better yesterday but not great....went to BBQ and was sort of OK - avoided everything that was covered in dressings etc, and stayed on the diet coke for most of the evening (had 1 margarita when I got there as it was just put in my hand as we walked in and I thought it would be rude to say no ;)) but did have a small slice of lemon meringue for pud....

Todays menu:

Breakfast: yog and fruit

Lunch: pasta and roast veg (left over from yesterday)

Dinner: something ivolving chicken breast and veg or salad - will have browse through the recipe links for some inspiration

HEB - will be brown roll at some point

HEA - will be using the milk allowance in drinks

I think weekends are going to be a challenge for me as I am not as organised with food - will have to plan better next weekend - but at least I know now so hoping for an improvement next weekend.

Don't beat yourself up too much when you fall off plan. It happens and no-one's willpower is infallible!

Check out my diary - I had 99 sync yesterday but it was so worth it. It just means that I have to try and pull it back before I get weighed on Tuesday. If I sts or put on a 1lb then never mind, it'll come off again the week after.

Well done for getting back on plan yesterday but it sounds like u still enjoyed your BBQ?

I do thinking planning is key it makes such a difference to my weeks when I do. For me that doesn't even mean having to have a rigid plan of what I'm having on what night but jut a plan of 7 meals and then the night before or morning of each day deciding what I'm having that night I that makes sense!

Anyway have a good Sunday x

Thanks for your wise words Jaq and jo-85 - I planned meals for the week ahead with my OH and 2 boys yesterday - so I know I can make something that we can all eat without them pulling faces and leaving loads - it was fun actually and I was suprised with some of the things they said they would like to try (was using a couple fof SW recipe books for inspiration) - so full steam ahead :trafficlight:

So plan for today / EE day as ever:D

Woke up starving so massive breakfast : wholemeal bread roll (HEB) mashed up egg and LF mayo spread on top 1syn for mayo - was barely a teaspoon used, tomato, cucumber and fresh pineapple (not hungry anymore!!)

Lunch: probably won"t want much after all that was planning on some veg fried rice (made with leftover rice from last nights meal) but will see how I feel

Dinner: Salmon, new potatoes and some green veg (have got some asparagus in fride so will prob use that). sugar free jelly 0.5 syn and the spray cream (light one) 1 syn

HEA - babybel light cheeses to nibble on tonight

Meant to add that the SG free jelly has fresh raspberries in it so hope this covers the third superfree food at dinner

Slight change of dinner plan - ended up with SW spaghetti bolognaise with side dish of garlic mushrooms as superfree veg. Also added about 1TBSP of grated parmesan (not sure how many syns that is will have to check) anyway it was very tasty - kids and OH had second helpings!!!!

Good day all in all - have also made some chicken liver pate from the recipe thread on here- smells divine - can't wait to have some tomorrow:)

Now I've just got to keep away from the wine tonight ....

Yeah! 100% day yesterday - feel as though I can claw some control back now. So on we go

Today will be EE again!!!!

Breakfast: toast (HEB) spread with pate (made yesterday - syn free) and mushrooms.......................was absolutely fab, will wait until the toast is cold next time as it went a bit floppy but the taste was superb - will def be making more pate

Lunch: salad with prawns, jelly (0.5 syn)

Dinner: not sure yet, have several options (salmon, chicken, turkey burgers), ingredients are to hand and meals quick to make- will wait and see what everyone feels like eating this evening and will update later.

HEA will be milk for tea through day

Have a great day everybody

I did resist -although it did sit there smiling at me :D. Am going to go for another wine free evening tonight - we"ll see how that goes;)

Claire L said:
I did resist -although it did sit there smiling at me :D. Am going to go for another wine free evening tonight - we"ll see how that goes;)

It does that to me too. Hehe! Good luck u can do it!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back