• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

fat on bacon

It's easier to cut it off before cooking, same goes for all fat on meat although I do remove chicken skin (on a whole chicken) after cooking otherwise the breast is too dry.
Good luck on SW in the New Year!

I always cut it off before, then theres no temptation to eat it once it is cooked....not much will power me lol

I will succeed!!!
I cut it off before but funnily enough, caught my OH cutting it off AFTER the other day and asked why (he knows I do it before) and he said he can't see a difference...grrr.

x

id definatley eat it if i left it on i wouldnt beable to resist temptation lol

toofatkat

Not such a fat kat now :)
I prefer to cut it off before otherwise I would cook it crispy and then be too tempted to eat it.
Be sure to cut if off though whichever way you do it as leaving it on turns a 'free' choice into 5 syns a slice!!

stephie0611

needs to focus!!!!
But surely if you do this then you might as well have cooked your bacon is lard because it will absorb the fat during cooking?
maybe i'm doing it wrong????? i never got told there was a right way to do it, as once i've cooked it i cut off the fat and pat it with kitchen towel so all the fat comes off it. xx