fat on bacon

sugarlove

Starting SW in the new year, but just have a quick question? Can you just cut the fat off bacon after you grill it, or does that make it fattier?
Just trying to get my head round things, then off to class after Xmas

Me too I cut the fat of before cooking it :)

It's easier to cut it off before cooking, same goes for all fat on meat although I do remove chicken skin (on a whole chicken) after cooking otherwise the breast is too dry.
Good luck on SW in the New Year!

I always cut it off before, then theres no temptation to eat it once it is cooked....not much will power me lol

I cut it off before but funnily enough, caught my OH cutting it off AFTER the other day and asked why (he knows I do it before) and he said he can't see a difference...grrr.

x

I always cut it off before, then theres no temptation to eat it once it is cooked....not much will power me lol

Thats me too. If I cook it with the fat on I will be tempted not to cut it off at all so I cut if off when its all white and yucky :D

id definatley eat it if i left it on i wouldnt beable to resist temptation lol

I trim all my meat before cooking except a whole chicken for roasting which I take off afterwards. Don't just throw it away though, this time of year it goes down a treat on the bird table.

I buy the healthy bacon that only has the oval fatless bits in the packet. I can't remember what it is called on the packet...

I prefer to cut it off before otherwise I would cook it crispy and then be too tempted to eat it.
Be sure to cut if off though whichever way you do it as leaving it on turns a 'free' choice into 5 syns a slice!!

But surely if you do this then you might as well have cooked your bacon is lard because it will absorb the fat during cooking?

maybe i'm doing it wrong????? i never got told there was a right way to do it, as once i've cooked it i cut off the fat and pat it with kitchen towel so all the fat comes off it. xx

Back