Fat Ted's Dukan Diary

Fat_ted21

I decided it would be helpful for me to do a diary. Im terrible for starting them and never going back to them, which is a bit like my dieting history. I'd recently all but given up on myself and losing weight, after trying loads of diets for a week and then giving up, I resigned myself to being this size forever. Then I went away for a week ate even more rubbish and as if by some stroke of fate Dukan came into my life. It was by accident when I saw the book on amazon one day! A friend had done it about a year ago and lost alot of weight quickly, but Id always thought it sounded a bit scary so never looked into it.

I know others have said it already, but the book really spoke to me, especially all the stuff about eating for emotional reasons and becoming disillusioned with calorie counting after losing the weight only to put it back on.

So Im on my fifth day of attack and so far five pounds has gone. Im pleased with my progress and especially with knowing that on Dukan Im never hungry. All my old cravings have gone! I just need to be careful as I do expect unrealistic miracles from a diet and I do need to be patient and accept it will take time to get back to where I was before xmas let alone where I want to be! Im also back in work tomorrow after a long wknd off and being bored and lonely on my own in work has been a recent cause of stress eating for me. Thats another reason why I wanted to do my diary to have something to distract me and keep me focused!

Anyway ramble over, here's hoping for a good dukan weight loss! Cant wait!

Hey Fat_Ted

We can be very distracting, so don't worry about that! :D

Look forward to reading your diary entries

P x

good luck ted :)

Best of luck ted fingers crossed for your 7lb loss x

Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone! Its nice to know everyone on here is spurring me on!

So yesterdays food was follows
Brekkie - oat bran with skimmed milk, boiled egg, turkey breast
Lunch - turkey salad
Tea - steak and chicken salad
With lots of water, can of diet coke and a couple of cups of tea

Mmmm dont actually feel like I ate much yesterday after reading that, but I did have loads of turkey at dinner (still have loads left so that will be tea tonight as well!!). I really cant get over how much this stops me feeling hungry! Thankfully yesterday I was busy most of the day so didnt end up picking at work for something to do. Im on my own tonight tho in work, so can see myself getting fed up! If Im on here at half 8 you'll know its been quiet!! My life is sooo boring when Im on my late shift. Its just pottering about in the morning getting bits done at home or gym. Today its the gym when I can be bothered getting off the sofa!

I havent weighed myself for the last couple of days, so Im hoping by tomorrow its showing me having a good loss!

Todays food will be
Oat bran again for brekkie (well it is, I ate it!)
Turkey for tea
And looks like steak again for lunch as this is what OH got me out the freezer!
Think Ill pop to Asda before work to get some bits in to avoid groundhog day!!

Hope youre all having a much more interesting day than I will be having!!

Well yesterday turned out to be much busier than I anticipated so I wasnt bored out my mind on my own at work. Thank god. Im shattered this morning though so think I deserve a lazy morning in bed with the kindle:))

I managed to do a 5k run/walk for a little bit at the gym yesterday which I felt very smug about, although it did leave me absolutely famished!! Need to have some quick things in the house to nibble on post gym me thinks! My legs are a bit tired this morning too as well! My TOTM arrived yesterday as well so I dont think thats helping either! Its a bit odd cos that kind of snuck up on me. Normally Im a bit moody/emotinal before hand but this time nothing! Wonder if its dukan related?!

Anyhoo 'offical' WI has me at 11st so Ive not lost anything since Monday and attack. But given the above I think Im retaining a bit of water so Im not too bothered right now. Hopefully its down next week! Would love to get back under 11st and be 10st 7 for a night out in three weeks!!

Ted, you answered your own question water retention at totm... so you'll see your results shortly, your doing great and defo get your post exersise nibbles at hand never get famished theres no need, have a great Dukan day/night with your shifts. X

sididd said:
Ted, you answered your own question water retention at totm... so you'll see your results shortly, your doing great and defo get your post exersise nibbles at hand never get famished theres no need, have a great Dukan day/night with your shifts. X

Thanks for the advice sididd, youre right there isnt any need to go hungry on Dukan! I was really annoyed cos I found prawns in the freezer today I couldve had post workout. Nevermind!

sarafvrm said:
Ted, I think most people's weight stays the same for the first week of cruise - I know mine did. It doesn't mean you won't lose weight on cruise though, you watch it fall off next week! Good luck.

Thanks Sara! Ive noticed a few people on here mention similar so I wasnt too worried about it.

I did a little peak at the scales this morning and was down to 10st 12 so I was obviously just a bit bloated! Ive treated myself today to a new perfume as a reward for 7 pounds gone! Feeling good x

Brilliant ted, perfume good idea to reward yourself x keep up the Dukan good work x

Well it has been going really well. Well it had until last night. After a crappy day in work OH decided to be helpful and get me a kfc so I didnt have to cook. Oh dear!! Good news is I didnt gorge myself and only ate enough to be satisfied. Breakfast this morning was back on plan, although lunch again wasnt and again its cos of being stressed in work. I know why Im over eating and it is frustrating to think its cos Im stressing out. I just need to do what I can to overcome it and deal with things without stuffing my face. Keep my head up and keep going x

Ted you can stuff your face but do it with Dukan friendly foods....dont allow stress to spoil your good work, if i feel like that i binge on chicken.....and drink water. But this diet is all about changing your mindset, which inturn will change our eating habits for life, in cruise this is where we learn, alway carry something to eat for emergencys, when im stressed now im finding the not eating sweet,savoury foods empowering and the feeling of being incontol is a good place too be x:waterbottle:

Back