FattyMcBigbum (Lisa's) Slim Fast Diary

hows it going Lisa?

oh dear. not good about the flu.. hope you are feeling much better....
hope you can get back on track soon!!!

Hey Lisa!! How are you love? Hope you are getting over the flu soon. Dont worry about the breast feeding mine did the same thing, You lasted longer than i did only 2 weeks here. Just go all out and pick a day to start back and stick to it! You cant wait to long or all your hard work will be lost and you'll have to start all over. Goodluck hun and keep in contact!!

Last edited:
I started again on Monday, but had quite a shock on Thursday, I went to what should have been a 6 week post baby checkup (2 weeks late) and the dr told me he wanted me to have a gastric band fitted, I was really shocked. I know someone who has been asking to have one fitted and keeps getting refused so to offer me one without me even asking has made me realise just how big I am. I've not decided what I am going to do yet, it seems really extreme and I know I can lose the weight without surgery but on the other hand the surgery would make it a hell of a lot easier and stop me being able to have these slip ups. For now I am back on Slim Fast because I know it works, though I'm not keeping a food diary at the moment 'cause I just don't have the time.

Last edited:
have you tried what i am on???? xenical(orilstat) im loving being on it... and im loosing weight..

have you tried what i am on???? xenical(orilstat) im loving being on it... and im loosing weight..
I was prescribed xenical but I'd always forget to take it and when I did because I didn't change my diet I'd have the well known consequence! I had some left and I have been using them this week while doing Slim Fast, we'll see tomorrow how they've performed :D

they are working for me realyl well on both the tablets and slim fast. but you do have to still watch what you eat... ive not yet experienced the nasty response to bad food, but thats because ive not eaten bad food.

good luck and let us know how it goes!!!!

I just noticed that you take them with your slim fast too, I haven't been doing that, I've just taken them with my main meal and only if I thought my main meal had a lot of fat in it... I'm going to try it properly this week, so that means I'm gonna have to get another prescription, ah well, I'll nip in tomorrow morning.

On another note, my Wii Fit balance board is still rejecting me :cry:and EA Sports Active is just too advanced for my fat arse LOL ah well I'll just have to go it alone for another few lbs :rolleyes:

yes. the whole point of the tablets is to take them when you eat.. if you just eat salad, then there is no fat in that so you dont have take them or if you dont eat, thenyou dont take them. but the slim fast drinks ahve fat in them so therefore you need to take them....
if you would like a weight buddy im up for it (constant emails etc...)
let me know.... have you tried fitness programs on the net??
or if you have sky... there is a fitness chanel on ther (not sure what pack you have to have for it though....

I could defo do with a diet buddy, might stop me falling off the wagon so much.
I've not tried any fitness programmes from the net but I have got a weight watchers DVD which I used to do often and loved, I'll fish it out.
I don't have Sky I have Virgin Media.

I tried the Banoffee ready made shake yesterday... Eurghhhh! I didn't think it was very nice, it tasted like burnt banana :jelous:

After accidently buying a vanilla tin instead of banana (the front looks the same colour to me >.<) I've had to drink it and to be honest I'm starting to love it more than banana :eek: if it's made with just enough ice it's super smooth and taste delish!

I'll start my food diary again next Monday, no point starting one mid week.

Feeling very good at the moment, I haven't had any moments of feeling starving like I used to and I've not had any major cravings for Coca Cola, chocolate or crisps!! The only thing in my diet that's changed is that I'm now drinking 2-4 litres of water a day maybe that's why? I really don't know but I'm happy about it :flirt2:

thats great that you are feeling so much more positve!!! ive been really slack and not been on here.... but pleased on how you are feeling and doin!!!!!!

wow you have done your november challenge already.. you have got to be chuffed with that!!
dont feel :( about 3lb a week!!! thats more than me!!
you are doing so well....
be HAPPY about it WOMAN!!

I said I'd start another food diary yesterday but I forgot to :/ instead I thought I'd post some photo's

1st is My favourite mug in the whole world, it's priceless now cos I bought it from Woolworths
lol it doesn't look so big in picture but it holds about 2½ of the mug next to it :D

2nd is my OH's HUUUUGEEE sandwich, yet somehow he's still managing to lose weight, it's almost the same size as a multi pack of crisps!! though in his defense he didn't finish it LOL

cupnsambo.jpg

Tuesday
Breakfast: Banana shake
Snack: Chocolate cake bar :eek:
Lunch: Baked potato, tuna mayonaise & Salad
Snack: Liver pate & crackers
Dinner: Vanilla shake
Water: 2 litres
4/5 a day

As promised my food diary, a day late but hey ho. Boring day, however I am still having nasty Xenical side effects from the peperami I ate 2 days ago! That'll teach me :eek:

Wednesday
Breakfast: Skipped
Snack: Skipped
Lunch: 2/3 Chicken Premier ½ Wedges & Coke Zero (McDonalds)
Snack: Skipped
Dinner: Cake (About 1,500 calories worth :cry:)
Snack: Chocolate
Water: 1 litre
0/5 a day

Nieve's birthday, hence the cake and McDonalds I tried to be good by not eating all of my Chicken Premier Meal but once I had a slice of cake I had another then another :cry:

Thursday
Breakfast: Vanilla Shake
Snack: Crisps
Lunch: Chicken Korma with brown rice
Snack: Cake :(
Dinner: Small tuna salad
Snack: Veg & chicken cuppa soup
6/5 a day

I only had a small amount of Korma and made the healthy choice of brown rice :D the cake has finally gone so no more of that thank god! In week 1 I was managing more than 2 litres a day, sometimes I got close to 4 litres!

Friday
Breakfast: Apple
Lunch: Homemade fish, chips & mushy peas
Snack: Passion fruit yogurt
Snack: More chocolate :eek:
1/5 a day

I haven't been having many, if any of my 5 fruit and veg a day so when we went shopping today I bought plenty of veg and some fruit ...I haven't eaten any yet though, I tend to eat the chocolate snacks we buy before I eat the fruit or veg snacks :rolleyes:

Saturday
Breakfast: Banana
Lunch: Medium McChicken sandwich meal and sprite zero
1/5 a day

Saturdays... We always go to the park for a walk on Saturdays and treat Nieve to a McDonalds usually me and Chris just share a deli of the day or something similar and count it as all of our 3 snacks or have a lower calorie dinner but today he wanted to eat all of our planned dinner so I had to get a meal and he's had 2 portions of cajun chicken and rice :eek:

Saturday
Breakfast: Vanilla shake
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Sunday lunch
Dinner: Cherry Yogurt,
crisps & an energy drink
Snack: Apple
Water: 500ml
3/5 a day

I didn't have a proper dinner I just nibbled on little things :/ I only managed 1 glass of water today but I've had about 3 large mugs of tea and 2 regular cups of coffee.

Summary: What an awful week! lots of cake lots of nibbling on snacks and I've been getting very little sleep and also for some reason I've stopped drinking 3-4 litres of water per day. Judgement day tomorrow, I'm really not looking forward to it :(

Last edited:
Back