Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Faulty George Forman's?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Refeeding' started by RachieRoo, 4 May 2009 Social URL.

1. RachieRoo

RachieRoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.02%)
    Diet:
    Lipo Trim
    Hi all,
    My dad - George, bought me a George! for xmas. Along with my slow cooker, blender, and microwave steamer, I couldn't be without it!
    However I am now on my third. My first two lasted about 8 wks each - they are the ones where you can take the plates out to clean them and both have just stopped working - by that I mean the light suddenly doesn't come on and the machine doesn't heat up.
    Robert Dyas have been brill and how now given me a bigger model (five serving one) but with fixed plates. Did my steak on it tonight and it was fab!!! I was just wondering - has this happened to anyone else? Apparently my brother had one with removable plates and this happened to his also!! x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cruiksl

Cruiksl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(17.31%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi there,

I've got the one with the removable plates and haven't had any bother. However, mines is a couple of years old now so maybe they've changed the model.

4. RachieRoo

RachieRoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.02%)
    Diet:
    Lipo Trim
    Hi Cruiksl, thanks for your reply, I think I'm just unlucky with gadgets. I had a tefal quick cup and it was a month before I was getting cold tea!!! Had a quick look on amazon and there was only a couple of other reviewers whose machines had just 'died' so think in general they are fine. Fingers crossed for George Mark 3! x

5. kered

kered Gold Member

My George is about 6 years old and I have had no problems with it, or I should say them, I have the large one and the small one. They are both fixed plates though, I love my chicken also cooked on the George.

6. moonlight

moonlight Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Morning

How long does it take to cook a chicken breast or a piece of steak on the George? Does it dry the meat out or is it still juicy?

M

7. RachieRoo

RachieRoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.02%)
    Diet:
    Lipo Trim
    Hi moonlight-
    it takes about 4 mins for apiece of steak - depending how rare you like it, I overdid mine last night but it was still lovely; it cooks in its own juices so it's yumm but no need for added fat and the residue fat just drains away!!! I would def recommend one - also as the grill is my oven is not great and just a faff!!
    As for chiken probably a little longer - I must try it. I must admit I tend to bung chicken in the slow cooker, it is yummy and moist that way (as long as you cook it with some sort of moisture - water/stock/pesto/yoghurt etc! ) x

8. summergurl

summergurl ‚ô•3 Years Maintaining‚ô•

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(41.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Exante
    OOooh chicken in the slow cooker - now there is one i have to try! my mum has one and when i was eating i used to love the caseroles she made with it but im not too keen on red meat - bring on refeed and chicken!!!

haha and i used to cook my chicken in the forman, cut it up small and pour over some sweet mango chilli sauce - great for a snack! :) (although the sauce was bad for ya lol)

9. RachieRoo

RachieRoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.02%)
    Diet:
    Lipo Trim
    Yeah Tanya... I'd never cooked whole breasts of chicken in the slow cooker before refeed! its a revelation!!!!!! Just like steaming it. Put the chicken in with a little water and whatever seasoning and herbs you want on low before you go out for the day and when you come back, a lovely moist breast...(ohh err lol) cooked to perfectionxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.