Faulty Product - no receipt = no comeback?

xMandyDx

Determination is Key
About a month ago I bought a blender in Argos and used it to make the SW fererro roche and it worked just fine. Then with one thing and another (being in hospital, mainly) I didn't get a chance to use it again until today.
When I was using it the sound changed and became coarser or something. I can't really describe it, but I knew it wasn't right. So I stopped the machine and took the jug off. All around the rim under the jug, on the part where the motor is was lots of teeny pieces of plastic, just scattered. Obviously they'd broken off from somewhere.
And when I looked into the jug, the blades were loose, and there was a rubber ring just under the blades that was coming off.

Now I'm disgusted because I threw the reciept out, after I used it the first time, thinking it worked fine. But now on the second use it's broken. There's even a smell of burning plastic coming from it.

Have I any recourse at all?

Legally, absolutely no clue.
But is it Cookworks? If yes, then it would have only come from Argos which would help your case.

It was supposed to be cookworks, but they had to substitute it for one named "Salter"...

I'm with Jackie - find your bank/CC statement (hopefully you didn't pay cash). Have you still go the original box? That will have the Argos label on it which will be in your favour also.

When I buy anything electrical or items that I consider relatively expensive, I always save the receipts in a mug on the top shelf of my cupboard - just in case! They tend to get weeded out every few years or so - lol

True but the problem is that the OP can't prove when it was bought or from where. Argos may offer a replacement as a show of good will but I don't think they are under any legal requirement to.

Hate to put a spanner in the works, but I paid cash lol
I also don't have the original box, and I presume the product guarantee is in there... serves me right!

Suppose I'll just have to put it down to a loss and be more careful in future with those receipts!

Thanks everyone for the replies.

xMandyDx said:
Hate to put a spanner in the works, but I paid cash lol
I also don't have the original box, and I presume the product guarantee is in there... serves me right!

Suppose I'll just have to put it down to a loss and be more careful in future with those receipts!

Thanks everyone for the replies.

It still might be worth a try-if you can tell them when you bought it-like date and approx time, their system should be able to bring up your receipt :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

In our family we work on the principle - "if you don't ask you won't get". No harm in asking nicely. Costs you nothing, and you have nothing to lose.

Back