faulty scales?

Discussion in 'Curves' started by redhed, 3 May 2008 Social URL.

1. redhed

redhed Full Member

Diet:
    lipotrim
    hi everyone
    even though i no i shouldnt weigh my self at home couldnt resist buyin some new digital scales.they came thurs and weighed myself every morn since in its sayin i lost 1lb each time.that cant be right i dont feel any different,do you rekon i just wait 4 ma weekly weigh in:(???xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Georgiestar

Georgiestar Silver Member

I dont think you should weigh yourself every morning because if your scales are correct it could be the water retension from day to day that is making you lose pounds or gaining pounds.

ive had a problem with the digital scales at the house where I moved recently the other residents said the scales wernt quite right, I tryed them and one week it said id lost 2 pound the next week it said id gaind 3 in the end i weighed myself on a non digital scales it said i was 9 pound less than the digital so im guessing that the digital ones can be faulty!!

4. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    They could be faulty or they could be on an uneven floor which will affect the reading. Weigh yourself on your scales before your next WI and see what the difference is between your own scales and your WI scales.

Also, your weight can fluctuate quite a lot from day to day which is why weekly WI's are better

5. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge +
    Scales are the bain of my life....I ended up just relying on the chemist ones as depending on the spot on the floor my expensive scales weighed a few pounds in the diffence.....really annoying? Try a chemist one and see what the difference is....are you doing a VLCD - then you could be loosing that much??

6. KimKat

KimKat Member

Its very tempting to get on the scales more than once a week, but can easily become an obssesion and can get you depressed becauseof fluctuations.So bear with it and only weigh once a week!!! :D
    I know...its hard lol

7. Spitfirex

Spitfirex Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.35%)
    I have this problem as well! I've had two sets of digital scales, and they both always showed significantly different weights every time I used them, even if it was only minutes apart. It's infuriating, I think it has something to do with using them on carpets? I weigh 4lbs more on hard floors than I do on carpetted floors, even though the newest set of scales I got are designed to work on carpets. ):

8. kazt

kazt Full Member

Diet:
    weightwatchers online :-)
    Ive had this problem with scales too! bought an expensive ww set to find that they wouldnt work on anything other than the kitchen floor. Gave them to my sis in law and she has'nt had any problems with them, whats that all about? Promised myself when i started this exercise regime that i wouldn't weight myself cause i get a bit obsessive but ended up ordering another set - Salter brand this time. Hopefully these will work, otherwise its another weight in on the calibrated ones in the market in town - red face time...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.