Fav clothes shops....

Watergirl

Rock Solid
Right, have run out of money pretty much after several crazy spending sprees, but in that time I've discovered some lovely shops :D

Thought we could all give tips on nice places depending on what you like. I love looking online at clothes to motivate me.

Never been into designer because my weight has fluctuated so much it seemed like a waste. Now however I am determined never to be bigger than a 12, so have bought lots in that size. If I get to a 10 I'm sure they'll still look good.

So I've discovered French Connection. OMG this shop is fab. I bought 2 beautiful dresses there the other day for a total of £62 as both were in the sale.

Then I got a gorgeous black dress from Monsoon for £25 in the sale.

I also got 2 dress from Matalan and a top.

What shops do people like and look at online? Have heard Karen Millen do nice dresses. I am a real dresses freak - love em! Recommendations please!!!

Sorry, also wanted to add, does anyone know which designers will be cheaper in the US in case I fancy getting anything there when I go. I was told European designers are more expensive, but you can pick up US designer goods more cheaply.

I like Reiss and All Saints here.

In the US I found Donna Karan and John Varvatos slightly cheaper than here but not by that much.

Thanks Tatty, will look at them online now :) Have done the FC website to death and then Karen Millen :)

I love ASOS. It's my favourite online shop ever. It's probably my favourite place full stop. So much choice and prices are great. I'd definitely recommend spending an hour or two on the site. Or not if you don't want to be broke!
I like Topshop, Penney's (primark), Dorothy Perkins, Awear and Hollister.

I've been looking for a dress in French Connection and can't get it anywhere! It's killing me. I think it would be perfect for what I want. Wish I hadn't seen it now.

I love ASOS too coconut and buy loads from there. It's fab, especially for sale things.

What is the FC dress like that you're looking for?

It's this one
Party Dress - FRENCH CONNECTION

Tried ebay as well but no luck.
Also, forgot to say, you'll get great discounts at outlet malls in America. Where were you thinking of going? Stuff like Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren etc can be really cheap. And sometimes you'll get places like Coach, Chanel, LV but depends on where you are.

That's a really nice dress. I wanted this one until I saw it in the shop and wasn't so keen:

Sweets Dress - FRENCH CONNECTION

This on the other hand was the most beautiful creation I'd ever seen:

City Dress - FRENCH CONNECTION

Sadly it was the sort of material that attracts animal hair. I have to choose all my clothes based on that :(

Am going to Orlando and there are loads of outlet malls, so hopefully will pick up some bargains like those brands.

My top faves are

River Island - casual to smart
Karen Millen..love love love
Warehouse

These are of course where i USED to shop before i got fat and gave up smoking but NOW can go in there again :D

O.M.G I LOVE COACH!!! I was in Florida last month and had kittens in heir outlet store - my poor credit card...

Macy's is always good for designer bargains too... calvin klein are good for 'pretty' a real shock for me as i had it pinned just for jeans before hand...

Also, love Kenneth Cole in the US oh and Old Navy for the cheap basics... I could go on!!

I am lucky enough to get to the US 3-4 times a year so try to avoid UK shopping it depresses me...

But oh how I would enjoy Monsoon Xmas party dress shopping!

Wow wish I got to the US that often!
Everything seems so much more here. Will look out for all of those designers.

Forgot about Warehouse, which I also love.
Oasis does some fab dresses as well.

I so love NY for shopping heading there in the new year and wetting me knicks wiv excitement :D Coach i love too.

Theres a shop on 5th in NY ive forgotton the name and it sold all kitchen bits and peices opposite Saks? i think cant remember but wanna go back again was called something & something think ? or stuff stuff and stuff kinda thing lol

o that was a waffle!

You'll forget all about NY as soon as you hit Vegas! :D

Sometimes it seems cheaper for me to fly to America for a weekend and buy loads of stuff than it would be to stay here.
It's definitely cheaper to get on a plane to London!
Stuff in Topshop might cost £20 but we'd be charged €30. With the exchange rate it should only cost €23ish.
If I'm going on a major spree I'm going to fly to London (€120) stay in a hotel for 2 nights (€100) and buy loads! I'd still end up saving.

Hate Ireland. :mad:
Like England. :)
Love America. :D

LOL :D

We went to Dublin in 2006...now the Euro then was good'ish..and i found the prices on EVERYTHING dire!!! sooooooo expensive!

I live 20 mins on the tube to the West End (London) and yes its cool...but like you say....America..cooler!

Kitchen Store = Williams Sonoma

(I am an American from NYC) xx

I so love NY for shopping heading there in the new year and wetting me knicks wiv excitement :D Coach i love too.

Theres a shop on 5th in NY ive forgotton the name and it sold all kitchen bits and peices opposite Saks? i think cant remember but wanna go back again was called something & something think ? or stuff stuff and stuff kinda thing lol

o that was a waffle!

As I said, being an American I die when I pay for clothes here.

However fav UK places

Noa Noa
Coast
Kew

In America
Banana Republic (dont but it here)
J Crew
Cache

xx

No was called somthing like pans & spoons or somthing somthing with a kithen name implements in it if that makes sense

Back