FAV SNACKS???

Rayven

Addicted to Minimins!
Thought it would be good to share what our fav snacks are while doing slimfast?

Mine at the mo are the small snack packs of twiglets, walkers baked crisps (small bag), special k cereal bar and the age old fav of Mullerlight! :p (obviously not all at the same time! lol)

My fave snack at the moment is ryvita crispbreads and a bit of hummus. I work until late in the day, so allow myself a 150 cal snack in the afternoon, and either a pot of sugar free jelly or an options hot choc after tea.

MMMMM I'm a melon freak!!!
I LOVE MELON
I normally if I am out get one of those pre weighed packs which have around 100 calories, water melon, rock melon and that orange melon (not sure of the name)
But while at home I chop my own

Mmm makes my mouth water.

Ooh I love melon too! I also like the fat free muller vitality yoghurts, good for your digestive system and very yummy! Also a small bowl of cornflakes or special K with no milk is a great snack to pick at if you have the munchies! Walkers baked are great too, but I find I just end up wanting more of them so tend to stay clear lol!

Just for ref, guys, the 100 kcal snacks are supposed to be low-fat: that means 3.3g (per 100 kcals) or less. I'm thinking crisps etc surely don't make it!

I enjoy the SlimFast Cheddar Bites (but not the pretzels) and the chocolate caramel bar. The chocolate peanut bar is also pleasant, but I find it makes me rush for the loo (likewise peanut butter). The cranberry, almond and raisin bar is gone without me even realising!

However, SlimFast snacks are NOT nutritionally balanced (unlike the meal replacements), so ANY LOW-FAT 100 kcal snack is fine.

Mine are fruit, Müller yogurts (big but low cals! ;) ), and I've recently discovered that 6 Starburst have 99 kcals and 1.8g fat. I buy the fun size that come in little packets of 4 (so 66 kcals and 1.2g fat), one of each flavour - so it's a real treat now and again!

Just for ref, guys, the 100 kcal snacks are supposed to be low-fat: that means 3.3g (per 100 kcals) or less. I'm thinking crisps etc surely don't make it!

Actually walkers baked (cheese and onion flavour) crisps come in at 99kcals & 2.1g of fat so are absolutely fine.
I started looking for alternative snacks as i wasn't thrilled with the choice that slimfast offer but have made sure that anything i have is the same cals and fat (or lower) as the slimfast snacks.

Comparing snack values

SLIMFAST PRODUCTS -
  • Sour cream and chive pretzels - 96kcals - 1.9g fat
  • Cheddar Bites - 99kcals - 2.7g fat
  • Cranberry, Almond & raisin bar - 94 kcals - 2.4g fat
  • Choc Peanut Bar - 99kcals - 3.3g fat
  • Choc Caramel Bar - 99kcals - 3.2g fat
Alternative snacks -
  • Special k original cereal bar - 88kcals - 1g fat
  • Asda Good for you pomegranite cereal bars - 76 cals - 0.62g fat
  • Twiglets - 96 kcals - 2.9g fat
  • Special k mini breaks - 98kcals - 2g fat
  • Walkers baked (crisps) cheese and onion - 99kcals - 2.1g fat
  • Walkers baked (crisps) salt and vinegar - 98kcals - 2 g fat
  • Walkers baked (crisps) ready salted - 98 kcals - 2g fat
  • Mullerlight (toffee) - 100kcals - 0.2g fat
  • Special k choc chip bars - 84kcals - 1.5g fat
Hope this helps everyone

Thats awesome Rayven :) im finding that the slimfast snacks are a little expensive! so going to browse the supermarket next week for some better alternatives. Its also worth noting that alot of the value brands have less fat and cals than normal brands etc... so can also be healthier alternatives.

Most days I have a packet of wotsits or skips for my evening snack, I don't know if I should because of the fat now,sounds daft but i'd never looked at the fat content before, I just go by the calories... but at 95cals and 89cals each I seem to be doing ok :)

Actually walkers baked (cheese and onion flavour) crisps come in at 99kcals & 2.1g of fat so are absolutely fine.
I started looking for alternative snacks as i wasn't thrilled with the choice that slimfast offer but have made sure that anything i have is the same cals and fat (or lower) as the slimfast snacks.

Nice work Rayven, thank you! (Why isn't there a "thanks" button in this forum?)

Nice work Rayven, thank you! (Why isn't there a "thanks" button in this forum?)

You're welcome hun. And i don't know - maybe we should suggest one.

Inspired on by Rayven's finds, I did some detective work myself in the supermarket and - oh my - are you just going to LOVE what I have to tell you!

Within the 100 kcal and 3.3 g fat (or proportionately less) bracket, are:

- Solero
- TWO Mini Twisters (except the chocolate variety)
- HALF a packet of Starburst
- HALF a packet of Fruit Pastilles

I'm fairly sure I found some others as well, but you can see from the above I'd plenty of sweet treats to bring home already, so sharp exit before I found myself OD-ing on the treats and foregoing the SF!

Back