Favourite Christmassy films?

It has to be Love Actually.

Haven't seen Arthur Christmas yet, but I've heard it's good.

I love the original Miracle on 34th Street. The ending is so much more simplistic. The remake just tries to hard

Love Actually and of course It's A Wonderful Life. Still cry every time I watch it

I love the original Miracle on 34th Street too!
Although the new one has a lovely santa outfit!

So mine are...
Penny Serenade
It's a Wonderful Life
Love Actually
The Santa Clause
The Holiday
Christmas in Canaan (saw for first time the other day, not altogether Christmassy mind)
The Bishops Wife B&W
The Preachers Wife
Elf

Has to be:

Jingle all the Way
The Muppets Christmas Carol
Home Alone & Home Alone Lost in New York
Elf
Bad Santa

:D

Oh and not films as such but I love Christmas Lights with Robson Green
Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special

My favourite was on just the other night...Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder...love it!! :D

Ooooh I love christmas movies. Gotta watchthe following:

Santa Claus the movie
It's A Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street
Bad Santa
Mary Poppins (not xmas without it in my house)
A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart one is OHs fave).

Am sure there are more....

Ohh I LOVE the original Mircle on 34th street. Brings back lots of happy memories.

Recent-ish ones I love are - Elf, The Santa Clause (just the first one), Jingle all the way ( <3 Arnie ;) )

Ohh I LOVE the original Mircle on 34th street. Brings back lots of happy memories.

Recent-ish ones I love are - Elf, The Santa Clause (just the first one), Jingle all the way ( <3 Arnie ;) )

My favourite bit of the Original is them seeing the cane in the corner of the room at the end.

Shirleen said:

My favourite bit of the Original is them seeing the cane in the corner of the room at the end.

I love how the original is so simplistic. Kris Kringle was deemed to be Santa because the letters were delivered to him. In the remake it got all profound about the dollar and God. The original scene with all the postmen with the sacks of mail was great and the cane - loved that. Tho I must admit I think Mara Wilson was such a cutie in the remake

I love them all!!

Miracle on 34th Street
Elf,
White Christmas,
Love actually.

Any feel good film - I watched 'cinderella story' last night and loved it!

I just love christmas!!! I did watch kirsty's christmas today and she was making yule log, now all I want is flipping yule log!!! Grrr

xxx

Home Alone does it for me. Though I just love to watch whatever is on. I think Christmas TV is brilliant.

Its a wonderful life ! for me and I always have to watch The Goodlife Christmas special when Margo's christmas doesnt arrive in a van from Harrods so off they go to Tom and Barbaras for pea pod burgundy

Back