Favourite recipes for freezing

juneduggan

Hello all you lovely SW friends,

What recipes do you have for food that you cook and freeze? I work a rotational day shift and if working during week do 0700 - 1500 hr shift if working weekend (Work 2 out of 4) then i work 0800 - 1715 hr all with 30 mins lunch. I need to start preparing in advance as this would make life so much easier.

Would appreciate if you could share your recipes and syn value if any please?

Much appreciated :)
xxx

its not so much recipes but when i cook meals i always do extra to freeze like if we have a roast dinner i cook lots of veg and roast spuds and whats left over i put into the sectioned off freezer tubs with some meat and freeze it for another day then just add the gravy when you need it, same with curry and rice, spaghetti bolognese, chilli and rice, if you look in the recipe section there are loads of ones that can be frozen

thanks so much for you reply x

My favourites are SW spag bol (recipe from the last, not current mag) and a made up, beef and barley casserole!
Also tried a summer lamb stew which froze well!

Let me know and I'll post the recipes!

You can freeze almost all the curries chillis and Bolognese recipes (I freeze the sauce bit and then cook rice etc while it's microwaving as rice/pasta don't always freeze very well)

I also make up a basic pasta bake sauce (bacon onions mushrooms peppers chopped tons passata garlic herbs balsamic) and freeze in pots. Then I just get one out in the AM to defrost then pour it over my pasta when I get in and bake. By the time I've gotten changed opened post etc it's ready to eat.

There's a brilliant Jamie Oliver base curry sauce as well that's worth batch cooking? You can use it as a base and add stuff to make various dishes (add chicken and yoghurt for a creamy curry, or lamb and some extra tomatoes for a roman type curry, or use as a base for a Biryani etc) if you google I'm sure you'll find it!!

Back