Favourite soup recipes?

I've just eaten the nicest SYN FREE tomato soup. Absolutely delicious !! Nicer than some I had at a restaurant the other week. :)

Chicken and sweetcorn soup in my group is a firm favourite. I will post the recipe if anyone wants it. You just have to make sure you have your superfree before you have the soup as there is no superfree in it. If you are on a green day you would have to heb the chicken. But it is soooooo nice, just like the one you get in the Chinese. We are all a bit addicted to it! :) Just let me know if you want the recipe as I said.

I've just made potato and leek soup. It was yummy x

The chicken and sweetcorn is the easiest soup I have ever made and the most delicious! Its just 2 tins of creamed sweetcorn, the green giant one, then fill them both with water, or one twice and put that in as well. Pre cook a chicken breast or for even more ease just get some cooked chicken pieces. Pop the cooked chicken which has been shredded into the pan and bring it all to the boil along with a chicken stock pot from Knorr. Reduce to simmer for 10 mins, take off the hob and add a beaten egg. Job done. Just remember to have your superfree first as there is no superfree in this soup. Add pepper and salt to your own taste. I guarantee you will love this :)

Spicy IndianVegetable Soup
Syn Free

Serves 4

EasyExtra - syn free per serving
Green – syn freeper serving
Original –syn free per serving (substitute the chick peas for butternut squash or swede)

Ingredients

Fry Light orPam Spray
Half inchginger shredded
2 clovesgarlic crushed
X 1 redonion chopped finely (can use regular onion)
1 x flat tsp cumin seeds
1 x smallgreen chilli deseeded and finely diced (make sure you remove the seeds)
1 x small cinnamonstick
1 x flat tsp fennel seeds
2 to 3 wholeblack peppercorns
2 to 3cloves
Prepare 1litre of vegetable stock
1 x canboiled chick peas drained
X 2 tomatoeschopped into small cubes
X 1 greenpepper chopped into small cubes
X 2 celerychopped into small cubes
Fresh Corriander finelychopped to garnish
Salt andPepper to season
Lemon juiceto taste

Method

Spray alarge saucepan over a medium heat with Frylight or Pam spray and add the onionsgarlic ginger, green chilli and cumin seeds. Cook for 3 to 4 mins until slightly softened. Now add the vegetable stock, cinnamon stick,fennel seeds, whole black peppercorns and cloves and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to medium low, add thechickpeas, tomatoes, green pepper, celery, cover lid and simmer for 10minutes. Switch off heat and season withsalt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh coriander and a squeeze oflemon juice.

Tips

1)If youprefer your soup less spicy then u can omit the whole peppercorns and clovesand green chilli.

2) Feel freeto remove the whole spices with a spoon once they are cooked to avoid themcoming in your mouth when eating, they are just there to flavour the broth.

3) Once thebroth is made, feel free to add any free vegetables of your choice that youthink will go well with this soup. This is a clear soup with wholesome chunkyvegetables that are diced into cubes to give you that extra bite and fill youup. Do not over cook them as they are ment to stay crunchy.

4)To bulkthis soup up on G day and EE u can add half mug boiled rice. Also free on all days u can add Quorn stylechicken pieces that makes it extra yummy !

Enjoy !!

Kay xx :)

Spicy IndianVegetable Soup

Syn Free

Serves 4

EasyExtra - syn free per serving
Green – syn freeper serving
Original –syn free per serving (substitute the chick peas for butternut squash or swede)

Ingredients

Fry Light orPam Spray
Half inchginger shredded
2 clovesgarlic crushed
X 1 redonion chopped finely (can use regular onion)
1 x flat tsp cumin seeds
1 x smallgreen chilli deseeded and finely diced (make sure you remove the seeds)
1 x small cinnamonstick
1 x flat tsp fennel seeds
2 to 3 wholeblack peppercorns
2 to 3cloves
Prepare 1litre of vegetable stock
1 x canboiled chick peas drained
X 2 tomatoeschopped into small cubes
X 1 greenpepper chopped into small cubes
X 2 celerychopped into small cubes
Fresh Corriander finelychopped to garnish
Salt andPepper to season
Lemon juiceto taste

Method

Spray alarge saucepan over a medium heat with Frylight or Pam spray and add the onionsgarlic ginger, green chilli and cumin seeds. Cook for 3 to 4 mins until slightly softened. Now add the vegetable stock, cinnamon stick,fennel seeds, whole black peppercorns and cloves and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to medium low, add thechickpeas, tomatoes, green pepper, celery, cover lid and simmer for 10minutes. Switch off heat and season withsalt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh coriander and a squeeze oflemon juice.

Tips

1)If youprefer your soup less spicy then u can omit the whole peppercorns and clovesand green chilli.

2) Feel freeto remove the whole spices with a spoon once they are cooked to avoid themcoming in your mouth when eating, they are just there to flavour the broth.

3) Once thebroth is made, feel free to add any free vegetables of your choice that youthink will go well with this soup. This is a clear soup with wholesome chunkyvegetables that are diced into cubes to give you that extra bite and fill youup. Do not over cook them as they are ment to stay crunchy.

4)To bulkthis soup up on G day and EE u can add half mug boiled rice. Also free on all days u can add Quorn stylechicken pieces that makes it extra yummy !

Enjoy !!

Kay xx :)

Sorry guys typed this on word in a hurry and copy pasted, seems to have missed out some spaces between words, hope this does not affect your lovely soup ! lol

Kay xx

I've made butternut squash and roasted red pepper soup a few times. Here's the recipe:

1 large butternut squash.
2 large red peppers.
chilli flakes and garlic granules.
chopped onion.
chopped garlic cloves (I use 2)
veg stock enough to cover the ingredients.
fry light

Slice and de seed the peppers, put on baking tray spray with fry light and sprinkle on some chilli flakes and garlic granules. Put in oven at about 180degrees (I have a fan oven, not sure on other ovens!)

peel and chop onion, garlic and butternut squash. Soften the onion and garlic in a large soup pan I usually use a bit of water so it doesn't 'fry'. Do that for couple of mins then put the diced butternut squash in and keep stir frying so it doesn't burn. Give it a couple of mins then add the veg stock, I use 2 cubes and fill my small jug with water and that's usually enough to cover the vegetables.

By this time the pepper should be roasted so pop that in the pan, bring it all to the boil then let it simmer until the butternut squash is cooked through, usually about 20 mins.

Blend it all and then it's done! Can add more chilli flakes to taste, or chilli powder if you don't have flakes I suppos.

i did have an original recipe for this but once I've done a recipe once, I usually just wing it and do my own thing the next time! Lol. It's really tasty though and all super free, and super speed/speed veg. Enjoy!

we also do a broth in the slow cooker, we have started doing this every Wednesday as that's our weigh in. We dice up carrots, turnip, one potato, slice leeks, pop in a packet of soup and broth mix, pour water in to cover the vegetables, crumble in 2 ham flavour stock cubes. Stick the slow cooker on high for a couple of hours then let it cook on low for the rest of the day. Easy peasy and very tasty!

I've made butternut squash and roasted red pepper soup a few times. Here's the recipe:

1 large butternut squash.
2 large red peppers.
chilli flakes and garlic granules.
chopped onion.
chopped garlic cloves (I use 2)
veg stock enough to cover the ingredients.
fry light

Slice and de seed the peppers, put on baking tray spray with fry light and sprinkle on some chilli flakes and garlic granules. Put in oven at about 180degrees (I have a fan oven, not sure on other ovens!)

peel and chop onion, garlic and butternut squash. Soften the onion and garlic in a large soup pan I usually use a bit of water so it doesn't 'fry'. Do that for couple of mins then put the diced butternut squash in and keep stir frying so it doesn't burn. Give it a couple of mins then add the veg stock, I use 2 cubes and fill my small jug with water and that's usually enough to cover the vegetables.

By this time the pepper should be roasted so pop that in the pan, bring it all to the boil then let it simmer until the butternut squash is cooked through, usually about 20 mins.

Blend it all and then it's done! Can add more chilli flakes to taste, or chilli powder if you don't have flakes I suppos.

i did have an original recipe for this but once I've done a recipe once, I usually just wing it and do my own thing the next time! Lol. It's really tasty though and all super free, and super speed/speed veg. Enjoy!

we also do a broth in the slow cooker, we have started doing this every Wednesday as that's our weigh in. We dice up carrots, turnip, one potato, slice leeks, pop in a packet of soup and broth mix, pour water in to cover the vegetables, crumble in 2 ham flavour stock cubes. Stick the slow cooker on high for a couple of hours then let it cook on low for the rest of the day. Easy peasy and very tasty!

Oh thanks for this. I may well do this next time. I do have a butternut squash soup recipe from the little book of soups but it has potato in it and this would be good on a green day as its all superfree. I do red and green plans and so does hubby. (well he has what I give him) ha ha

Oh thanks for this. I may well do this next time. I do have a butternut squash soup recipe from the little book of soups but it has potato in it and this would be good on a red day as its all superfree. I do red and green plans and so does hubby. (well he has what I give him) ha ha
Will definately try this thank you

Love homemade soup only problem as Zi tend mot to follow recipe only as a guide and depending on what I have in I can never repeat exactly the same taste (a general problem of mine) must try and list what I add in what proportion so that I can duplicate in future

Oh it is so easy. Our c told us a quick and easy recipe but I adapt it to my own taste. Will tell you hers first - tin tomatoes,tin baked beans, tin carrots, 4 pickled onions. Thats it, cook them all up together and blend. It was OKish but I could taste the vinegar in the onions which I wasnt keen on sooooooooooooo I adapted it. Also I only do red and green days so wanted to make it red day friendly. Mine is as follows - 2 tins tomatoes,sliced onion (I use I must confess ready chopped frozen onion), tin of carrots, 1/2 pint veg stock, 1/2 pint passata, and chilli flakes to taste. I like mine really hot! Boil all this up together, then blend. Delish and so very quick specially if using ready frozen onions. And free on a red day :)

Feeling rather nervous got this in my soup maker waiting patiently for it to be cooked I'm quite hungry hope its nice ;-) X

Made the Italian tomato and chicken soup from the little book of soups! Amazing!

Back