Faye's Food Diary

Tuesday 23rd February

WI today - lost 1 lb. was hoping for 2 as have been very good this week, just don't seem to be able to shift more than 0.5/1 each week, even my C mentioned it today - she said I'm doing everything right though. I've not got loads to lose I guess but this 10lbs I was hoping to have off by April 16th is not looking hopeful....must try to get as close as possible!

Another green day today

Breakfast
spaghetti
2 slices tiny toast (HEB)

Snack
2 finn crisps (HEB)
2 LC lights - blue cheese HEA)

Lunch
Quinoa
Lentils
Broccoli
Quorn fillet

Snack
Muller light

Dinner
Not too sure yet as shopping tonight, maybe grab a potato and beans, something free...either that or more lentils when I get home!:)

Wednesday 24th February

Afternoon!

Hungry but doing well today, may need to stock up on fruit at lunch...

Green day

Breakfast
2 weetabix (HEB)
SS milk (HEA)

Snack
2 finn crisps (HEB)
2 LC light blue cheese (HEA)

Lunch
Jacket potato
Baked beans

Snack
Apple
Pineapple/pomegranate seeds...something along those lines

Dinner
Mixed veg sir fry
Rice
Soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chilli

Going to give the Legs, Bums and Tums class a go tonight - not sure it's my thing but a friend has been doing it and is looking AMAZING:eek:

Last edited:
Thursday 25th January

Another green day, feeling VERY full after my lunch, maybe need to look into portion sizes, then again, guess it'll keep me full until dinner, I'll probably be starving come 5 pm! Not much (none...) fruit today, will have to get back on track with that tomorrow.

Breakfast
Spaghetti
Cheese (HEA)

Snack
Snack a jacks (5.5 syns)

Lunch
Jacket potato
Baked beans
Cheese (HEA)

Dinner
Mashed potato (maybe just a little - only so many potatoes I can eat I guess):sigh:
2 Quorn sausages
Broccoli
Pepper
Courgette

Tuesday 2nd March

I had thought that I'd been very good over the weekend but the more I think about it, the more I realise that I wasn't actually very good at all - pizza and bit of wine on Friday (and garlic bread), Indian on Saturday, Champagne on Sunday. i was very good last week and obviously yesterday (weak attempt at limiting the damage). WI at lunch today, am really hoping for a miracle but anything put on or a STS and I kind of deserve it, kicking myself, really tried last week and just stuffed it up completly by having 'FUN'....ooooh... will update WI results, just wanted a moan :cry:

Yesterday - Green Day

Breakfast
Spaghetti

Lunch
Rice
Mixed beans and chickpeas

Snack
Shapers choc (4.5 syns - didn't really deserve this)

Dinner
Pasta with courgette, chili, garlic and bacon (HEB) and cheese (HEA)

Today - Green Day

Breakfast
Activia FF yogurt

Snack
2 Finn crisps (HEB)
Philadelphia light (HEB)

Lunch
Pasta with courgette, chilli and garlic

Snack
Apple and some other piece of fruit

Dinner
Mixed veg stir fry (loaded with vegeatbles)
Rice
Soy sauce, ginger, garlic and lime

Must start snacking on fruit again....

Wednesday 3rd March

Hello,

Yesterday didn't go to plan, OH and I had to go out to get some presents for family birthdays last minute as realised that we don't actually have another opportunity to, blah blah blah...long story short, I had a bean burger and didn't go to thegym. I'm drawing a line under it. Yesterday was last week, today is this (WI wise)!

Green day

Breakfast
2 weetabix (HEB)
SS milk (HEA)

Snack
Activia FF yogurt
Snack a jacks (5.5 syns)

Lunch
Pasta
Courgette
Mushrooms
Bacon (HEB)
Salad leaves

Snack
Liqourice (4.5 syns)

Dinner
Mixed vegeteable stir fry
Rice
Lime, soy sauce, ginger, garlic

1 hour killer legs, bums and tums class tonight

Looking at this diary I am finally beginning to see what the problem has been for the past week - processed food as snacks/syns - can not keep having a pack of snack a jacks and liquorice everyday, don't want to get myself into a rut again so shall drag myself out before things get BAD again!

Thursday 4th March

LBTs class last nigth was not as difficult as the previous week but I am aching today which is a good sign. Another green day today. Really can feel myself steering away from SW, trying hard not to but I seem to be having a dip in enthusiasm, not sure why - had to really try hard to have the lunch I brought in with me today, even ended up in Pret staring at sandwiches and wraps, pathetic, felt a bit bitter about all the happy smiling people with their lovely big sandwiches, oh well, I didn't cave in so I guess that counts for something!

Breakfast
2 weetabix (HEB)
SS milk (HEA)

Snack
Liqourice (4.5 syns)
Grapes

Lunch
Rice
Mixed beans
Salad

Snack
3 oatcakes (6 syns)
Philadelphia light (HEB)

Dinner
Roasted veg (red onion, potato, butternut squash, carrot, courgette)
Quorn sausages
Broccoli

Tuesday, 9th March

Hello,

Hope you all had a great weekend, haven't checked in for a few days as just couldn't face up to the weekend I've had - very foody. Was my brother's birthday on Friday so spent the night with him and his friend's - there was beer and cava involved (classy!), dinner at Strada, I went for the worst pasta dish, I just couldn't resist the gorgonzola thing, Saturday night was my best friend's hen night, was a brilliant night, this started at Ask, had the full 3 courses, all very oily - cut down on the cheese though and the night was generally very much filled with vodka. Sunday OH 's mum's birthday so a pub lunch, had open chicken pie...hmm, wonder if I lost anything this week!??

I have 3 days off work after today and am very busy, I can't make WI and have decided this is a good thing, don't want to get myself down about a gain, yet again a line is being drawn under this and I will hopefully be back to my previous weight at next week's WI. Have lots of SW friendly food at home in preperation, planned meals and booked in for a good few aerobics classes this week, am also decorating so maybe I'll throw a few squats into that!

Green day today

Breakfast
Poached egg

Snack
3 Oatcakes (6 syns)
Philadelphia light (HEB)

Lunch
Pasta with green beans, courgette, garlic and chilli with a salad

Snack
Apple
Activia FF yogurt

Dinner
Mixed veg stir fry (packed with loads of SSfoods!)
Quorn 'chicken' pieces
Rice

Tuesday, 16th March

Going to WI at lunch, am not looking forward to it at all, pretty certain of a gain of about 3lbs. Feeling a bit annoyed with myself, just do not know where my dedication has gone...will update in a couple of hours once I've stopped banging my head on my desk!:cry:

Green day

Breakfast
2 weetabix HEB
SS milk HEA

Snack
2 plums

Lunch
Pasta with salad leaves (fridge looking VERY empty)

Snack
Activia FF cherry yogurt

Dinner
Pasta bake (tomatoes, pepper, onion, garlic, baked beans and cheese on top HEA)
Broccoli

Gym tonight - 1 hour of cardio

Wednesday 17th March

WI result.....1lb on. Oh well, was expecting worse! Feel as though I'll be able to get myself back on track this week. Had a serious talking to myself last night and am ready to be good again.

Must increase my exercise, ended up doing 45 mins at the gym on the x trainer last night plus some weights. LBTs class tonight for an hour, aiming to do at least 3 lots of exercise each week again.

Extra Easy today:

Breakfast
Poached egg
2 slices Hovis tiny bread (HEB)
Flora EL on one slice - 1/2 syn

Snack
2 Plums

Lunch
Pasta
Salad
LF colslaw - 2.5 syns

Snack
Pot of pomegranate
Pineapple
Activia FF yogurt

Dinner
Smoked Mackerel - 1 syn
Jacket potato
Lots of veg

Last edited:
Thursday, 18th March

Still on track, taking one day at a time...slowly, slowly...

LBTs class last night was another killer, must be doing something right!

Green day

Breakfast
2 weetabix (HEB)
SS milk (HEA)

Snack
Activia FF yogurt
2 oatcakes (4 syns) - can I use these as a HEB? Not sure but the list online has oat/scan bran option - maybe just wishful thinking!

Lunch
Pasta
Salad
FF cottage cheese

Snack
Apple

Dinner
Bean and lentil 'thing' (lentils, chickpeas, butterbeans, baked beans, carrot, tomato, onion and garlic - in other words, all that's left in the cupboard chucked in with something spicy)
Mashed potato
Leeks and cabbage

Possibly 50 mins of Davina DVD - banging headache so hopefully it will have disappeared by this evening

Friday, 19th March

I'm so pleased it's Friday!:D

Didn't do any exercise last night, the old LBTs class on Wednesday has stiffened me up so much it's hard to walk down the stairs! Will do a class on Sunday, that'll be 4 for this week so not too bad (am doing DVD tonight before the feasting begins!)

Seeing as I have been pretty good this week decided to buy something yummy(but reasonably SW friendly) from M & S. Decided to do my own rice as their ones had butter and kinds of delicious things which would no doubt be high in syns. Got some gorgeous looking naan breads and thought I might go extra crazy and just have 1/4 - they're 19 syns EACH!

EE Day today:

Breakfast
poached egg
2 tiny toast (HEB)
Flora EL on one slice (0.5 syn)

Snack
Activia FF yogurt
plum

Lunch
salad leaves
pasta with herbs
LF coleslaw (2.5 syns)
M & S chicken slices (1.5 syns)

Snack
Plum

Dinner
M&S south indian cod curry (1/2 - 4 syns)
Rice
NO NAAN FOR ME - ZERO SYNS:cry:

Sparkling white wine - I predict 13 syns worth, little over for today (21.5:eek:) but am well within my weekly syns...her I go again, justifying myself!

Have a great weekend!

Monday, 22nd March

Morning!

Been pretty good this weekend, had my planned meal and drink on Friday and was very nice, Saturday and Sunday kept to plan, no drinking as drove all weekend. Went to a party and didn't pick at the food even managed LBT class yesterday at the gym for an hour. Had a few sweeties on long journey up to Norfolk on Saturday, counting 10 syns for that, other than that all is still on track.

Here's today, another green day:

Breakfast
2 scrambled eggs
2 tiny toast (HEB)

Snack
2 Oatcakes - 4 syns

Lunch
salad leaves
beetroot
wholemeal pasta
cottage cheese

Snack
apple
activia FF yogurt

Dinner
stir fried veg (courgette, carrot, cabbage, pepper)
brown rice

milk in tea (HEA). If I get hungry later I'll use my HEs on some cheese or something but not that hungry today

Tuesday, 23rd March

So dissapointed, WI result showed 1/2 off, usually I'd be OK with this but I have tried SO hard this week, feeling a little bit low about this, managed not to buy any chocolate afterwards, instead got some Kallo wholegrain rice cakes thinking they would be a HEB, no such luck but 1.5 syns so went crazy and just had the one!

Am going to try just as hard this week and see if it all pays off...

Is *week but I generally put on the week before so I just can't figure it out, oh well.

Green day today

Breakfast
porridge oats (HEB)
ss milk (HEA)

Lunch
salad leaves
beetroot
pepper
LF cottage cheese

Snack
rice cake 1.5 syns
LF cottage cheese

Dinner
mixed veg stir fry with garlic, chilli and soy sauce
rice

Exercise
Going to give a new class a go - 'Fighting Fit' which is martial arts based, after my dissapointing weight loss I'm definitly in the mood for a bit of kicking and punching!

Wednesday 24th March

After all of yesteday's moaning about only loseing 1/2 lb and trying so hard I've pulled myself together and am going to keep trying hard, hopefully last weeks effort will pay off soon...

Extra Easy:

Breakfast
poached egg
2 bacon
2 tiny toasts (HEB)

Snack
2 apples - I have surrounded myself with apples, they're bogof @ sainsbury's

Lunch
salad - leaves, carrot, beetroot and green pepper
LF cottage cheese
Kalo wholegrain rice cake 1.5 syns

Snack
apple

Dinner
SW carbonara (quark, egg, garlic, onion and bacon) sprinkling of cheese (HEA)
brocolli and green beans

Exercise
1 hour legs, bums and tums class

Friday26th March

Hello!

Left work early yesterday as had the most awful headache ever, ended up skipping lunch pretty much, felt a whole lot better once home (think I need my eyes tested) slept a bit and then forced myself to do 50 minutes of Davina DVD as really want to lose at next WI....however, this afternoon and went out for a very rare lunch with a couple of people from work...

Thursday - Green day

Breakfast
porridge (HEB)
semi skimmed milk (HEA)

Snack
2 apples
Snack a jacks (5.5 syns)

Mid afternoon snack
2 tiny toast (HEB)
Flora EL spread (1 syn)

Dinner
mashed potato
2 quorn sausages
mixed bean, lentil and veg casserole 'thing'

Today - EE I guess?

Breakfast
porridge
ss milk
brown sugar!!! (2 syns)

Snack
apple

Lunch...hmmmm :break_diet:
3 sandwiches (as in 3 one quater bits cut into lovely little triangles, not like 6 slices of bread!) these were loaded with filling, not even going to try and get myself out of this by using HE's - they were bad. One cheese and pickle - not so bad, one bacon and stilton all mashed up and then one chicken and bacon, again, suspect mayo. Not quite sure how to syn these, thinking a lot. Also had 2, maybe more 3 glasses red wine.

Tell you what, writing today off, just been given a Cadbury's cream egg, I should resist....maybe I'll take home for OH.

Dinner
OH REALLY wants an Indian, I have deprived him of these things for so long it's only fair, going to be as good as possible despite the disaster that was lunch and go with plain rice and chana masala (chickpeas) 6 syns.

I'm guessing maybe a grand total of 35-40 syns for today. No drinking this weekend, lots of free and super free food I think and some hardcore cardio tomorrow and Sunday....uh oh, I think already I'm going down the 'I'm going to punish myself for this' path...:rolleyes:

Thursday 8th April

There are no two ways about it, I have not been good at all over the past week, can not even remeber most of it, mainly surrounds my usual problem areas of bread and chocolate. Didn't get to WI this week as took Tuesday off work so no idea what the damage is, I'm going to try to reign myself back in and hopefully all will be back to normal next WI so I can go on blisfully unaware of the damage I have done...that's the plan...:break_diet:

Feeling very down right now about a few family (mum) things going on right now and could quite easily sit at home crying and eating...having a job gets in the way of self pity though, so...

Green day

Breakfast
'fried' egg
1/2 tin spaghetti

Snack
pot of pineapple

Lunch
mixed salad - leaves, beans, lentils and all kinds of free things
olives - 1 syn
brocolli soup
few wholemeal croutons (HEB and 4 syns for any oil)

Snack
nestle breakaway bar 5 syns

Dinner
spicy courgette pasta (grated courgette, garlic, chili)
sprinkling of parmesan (HEA)

milk in tea/coffee (HEA)

Monday 12th April

Haven't got a hope in hell of losing or STS tomorrow, have eaten like an absolute pig for the past 2 weeks with a couple of days here and there trying to reign it all back in...must go tomorrow but right now just feel like burying my head n the sand. Well, at least today hasn't been too bad, plus am seeing my mum tonight to deal with problems, should hopefully put me in a cheerier mood meaning better outlook on everything including SW.

Green day

Breakfast
porridge oats (HEB)
ss milk (HEA)

Lunch
chickpea, lentil, rice and veg soup
2 ryvitas (HEB)

Dinner
pasta
homemade sauce (garlic, onion, chilli, tomato, pepper)
cheese (HEA)

Tuesday 13th April

I LOVE it when things turn out well. All is well family wise now which is a great relief, I can now sleep and am feeling much more happy....WI result was a STS! No idea how that happened, I have eaten so much over the past 2 weeks it's been ridiculous but there you go. Will have to make sure that those 2 weeks don't catch up with me and be extra good this week. Best friend's wedding on Friday so will have to make sure to be an angel to allow for that :D

Green Day

Breakfast
poached egg

Snack
grapes...a whole punnet. 69p at Aldi so may have to stock up on them!

Lunch
chickpea and spinach dahl soup from Crussh - free according to SW website
1 ryvita (HEB)

Snack
Laidback liquorice stick (4.5 syns)

Dinner
quorn sausage/fillet
mashed potato
carrots, green beans and brocolli
tomato sauce (1 syn)

something at the gym, not a class so maybe 45 mins cardio or davina DVD at home

Wednesday 14th April

Went for a drink after work yesterday, was little choice in the matter so new total for yesterday was 18.5 syns :eek: - had a beer (yes, should have had a spirit but sun was out...) and pack of baked crisps on way home. Didn't get to the gym either as had to pick OH up. Legs, bum,s and tums tonight though for an hour should sort that out. Fridge is bare so tonight and tomorrow's dinner could be dull...

Green day today

Breakfast
baked beans
cheese (HEA)

Snack
pineapple
1 ryvita (HEB) - will have one later

Lunch
Sainsburys orzo pasta thing - didn't use sauce pot (3 syns)
Sainsburys mini veg sushi (0.5 syns)

Snack
another ryvita

Dinner
pasta with some kind of veg sauce (onion, mushrooms, carrot, pepper and tomato or anything else in the fridge...)
cheese (HEA)

Back