Faye's Food Diary

Thursday 21st January

Green Day...

Another good day, someone at work very sweetly bought me some of those Lindt Lindor ball things, I must be the only person around that doesn't like them but somehow managed to eat 2 of them as they were just there - feel a bit sick now, anyway, taken control and have shared them round the office, better than being near me!

Breakfast
VLF yogurt with chopped up banana topped with Dorset cereals muesli (HEB)

Snack
Apple, 2 Lindt balls (8 syns), 2 wholegrain crackerbread with light philadelphia (HEB) as I am allowed 3 of the crackerbreads and only had 2, I am going to count come of the philadelphia into the HEB and then add 2 syns for the extra 28g philadelphia - if this is blatant cheating, I will just have to add more syns.

Lunch
Kemma rice (rice, quorn mince, garlic, red pepper and curry powder)

Snack
Muller light, 2 clementines

Dinner
SW chips, quorn sausage, egg and beans - I just can not wait for this, one of my favourites!:D

Probably have a couple of teas tonight so that's one of my HEA's, don't want to have cheese for the sake of it so just the one today.

Monday 25th January

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a nice weekend. I've been pretty much on track this weekend, used up my syns very well on Italian on Friday night (had pasta with vegetables but lots of olive oil), Chicken curry on Saturday and Chickpea curry yesterday for lunch...not much drink this weekend as didn't fancy it much. Hopefully I've lost some weight at WI tomorrow, feeling very bloated as * week has come just in time, FANTASTIC:mad:

On a green day today

Breakfast
Muller light mixed with Dorset cereals muesli (HEB)

Snack
2 Lindt choc thins 1 syn (I know, only 0.5 each!!!) 1 rye crispbread (HEB) and Philadelphia light 1 syn

Lunch
Chickpea and spinach curry with rice

Snack
Apple and orange

Dinner
Pasta with grated courgette, garlic and chilli, parmesan (HEA)

Thinking about it, had better do some exercise, might help with the pain too. I'll do 50 mins of Davina DVD

Tuesday 26th January

WI at lunch, stayed the same - AGAIN! I don't know, maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe it's this extended * week, if I've not lost by next week need to look into this. Consultant said to give it one more week, we'll see, little disappointed with myself...:cry:

EE day

Breakfast
Dorset cereal muesli (HEB) with VLF natural yogurt

Snack
Orange, Alpen light choc and fudge (3 syns)

Lunch
Itsu Detox Soup - packed with vegetables today! (1 syn) and a banana

Snack
2 Squares nut choc (4 syns), 4 Lindt 'Thins' (2 syns) - yes, I am in chocolate mood!!

Dinner
Sea Bass with red chilli and garlic, rice and mange tout. Muller Light with choc sprinkles

40 mins Davina DVD

10 syns today on a load of rubbish!

Has your C seen your food diaries? I lost over 2.5 stone in my 1st year, 'going it alone' but have just joined a class after realising I only lost 3lbs over 2009. My C hasn't looked at my food diaries yet, and I'm getting V frustrated as I have STS same for my 1st WI, and think I may even have gained for tomorrow's...

I used to do paper diaries and take them in to my old consultant when WI was in the evening, I now do them online as I find it easier seeing as I'm at my desk all day. Maybe I should print a few weeks worth off and take them with me next week. It is very frustrating isn't it? Do you think there's any reason you're now STS? You've done brilliantly to lose as much as you have, especially on your own, I'd be so proud of that!

Thanks so much. I think that's half the battle. Even though I could do with losing another 5 stone (Sounds scary!), I am actually pretty happy with my shape and size now. I can shop in 'normal' shops, and can find plenty things that flatter my figure. Maybe if I still felt really shitty about my size, I would click at whatever I was doing 'wrong' to have STS for so long? I don't know. I think part of my problem is / was that I've never made a point os using syns, as I like the Free foods so much. If I'd started on 15 syns a day, at least I'd be able to cut back now I'm sticking. But I can go 2/3 days and not use any syns, so I've nothing to cut back on. I don't know? We'll get there though, I'm sure of it!

Wednesday 27th January

About time, I'm feeling a lot more positive today. Mojo, maybe you're right, maybe things slow down or we slow things down when we're happy with our weight, I really think another half stone and I'd be a bit more satisfied bodywise - 7 lbs seems like a reasonably easy amount of weight to lose, need to get myself sorted out and stop messing about. More exercise is definitly needed also! Went to the gym last night, 45 mins on the cross trainer running rather than my DVD. Tonight will be Davina DVD night though, aiming for 3-4 exercise sessions this week, minimum!

Green Day

Breakfast
VLF natural yogurt
High fibre muesli (HEB)

Snack
2 Alpen Lights (HEB)

Lunch
EAT spicy tomato and basil soup - FREE
Sainsbury's small veg sushi (1 syn)

Snack
Orange
Banana
2 Lindt Thins (1 syn)

Dinner
2 Quorn sausages
Mashed potato
Baked bean, lentil and tomato 'thing'

Thursday 28th January

Afternoon,

Still on track but bloated as a puffer fish...STILL! Oh well, did my DVD last night so 2 workouts down, 2 to go between now and Tuesday.

Just had a HUUUUGE potato for lunch as I'm feeling very strange and floaty today like I've not eaten in a month.

Breakfast
VLF natural yogurt
Chopped banana
1 weetabix and a sprinkling of seeds (HEB - guessing that's OK as half and half?)

Snack
2 Alpen lights (HEB)
Banana
Finn crisp crackerbread (2 syns)

Lunch
Jacket potato and beans

Dinner
Pepper, courgette and tomato pasta bake with cheese on top (HEA) and salad

Won't be adding for tomorrow as am off for a spa day, it's an indian place and the lunch is indian, vegetarian and very healthy I am told, hopefully some lentils in there! :bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Monday 1st February

Morning,

Weekend has been very 'syn'ful! Friday started so well at the Indian spa retreat place, spent a day eating fruit, drinking water and herbal teas - lunch was ridiculously healthy, lentils and rice which I was happy with...I then went home and had a curly wurly and 2 glasses of wine, few crisps also, Saturday I had a little more wine but SW friendly meal at my parents of cottage pie and salad then Sunday was destroyed by lunch at an Italian restaurant where I just HAD to have lasagne. All in all I have so far from Wednesday had a grand total of 75 syns, I think things could be a lot worse as I was so good all of last week (Friday evening not included). WI tomorrow so will be saintly today and tomorrow.

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Banana and VLF natural yogurt and sweetner

Snack
Pear

Lunch
Pasta with courgette, chilli, garlic and bacon. Salad leaves, mushrooms and pepper

Snack
Orange, banana, muller light

Dinner
Chicken wrapped in bacon, mashed potato, mange tout and carrots

Milk in tea for HEA, probably won't really want a HEB but if hungry later will have a couple of ryvitas

50 minutes of Davina DVD is a definite must tonight

Tuesday 2nd February

WI at lunch, lost 1 lb :bliss: I'm very pleased with this after a couple of weeks of staying the same, a little more would have been nice but I'll see what I can do about that this week.

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Banana with muller light

Snack
Galaxy chococlate bar 13 syns (and well worth it)

Lunch
Pasta with courgette, chilli, bacon and garlic with salad leaves and pepper

Snack
Orange, banana and pear

Dinner
Salmon and veg (bean sprouts, carrot, onion, mushroom, cabbage) stir fry with fresh ginger, garlic, chilli and teriyaki marinade (the free one) with rice

Gym tonight, see if I can get a little more than 1 lb off for next week!

Wednesday 3rd February

Today I'm having a Green Day

Breakfast
Banana with a toffee muller light
2 slices WW bread (HEB), flora EL (1 syn) and marmite

Snack
Pear and Snack a Jacks (5.5 syns)

Lunch
Rice with chickpeas, mushroom, pepper and curry powder

Snack
Pear, banana and Orange

Dinner
Pasta bake (chilli, garlic, onion, courgette, pepper and tomato) cheese on top (HEA & HEB - feeling greedy) with salad leaves

Gym tonight, going to make sure it's cardio packed so probably a full hour

Thursday 4th February

Hi,

Another green day today. Trying to go without yogurt for a couple of days, been very bloated and this i all I've changed so wonder if it might be that, we'll see. Pretty hungru today, really fancy a Love Bar from Pret, about a million syns, but it's all I can think of!

Breakfast
3 slices WW toast (HEB), 'fried' egg and spaghetti

Snack
2 pears and Snack a Jacks (5.5 syns)

Lunch
Rice, quorn mince, chickpeas and pepper

Snack
Banana and Orange

Dinner
Spicey sweet potato, lentil and carrot soup (all free - made myself), may add some rice to this or on the side to bulk up.

milk in tea (HEA)

Friday 5th February

I am so pleased that Friday's finally here! Need to be good this weekend, must keep on track! going to have a little treat tonight, be good tomorrow and probablt have 2 glasses of wine and then Sunday at OH parents for lunch, will have to make sure I do not have any roast potatoes (will be a roast) as she uses a whole jar of goose fat :eek:! Meat and veg it is for me, think I'll drive too to avoid too much wine which can also be a problem when round theirs.

Today is an EE day

Breakfast
Bacon, 'fried' egg and spaghetti

Snack
1 Alpen light (HEB), 2 pears

Lunch
Jacket potato with mixed bean chilli

Snack
Banana, orange

Dinner
EEEEK! Indian take away! Chicken Dansak (6.5 syns), boiled rice and I shall have 2, maybe 3 gin and tonics (7.5 syns)

OH is dragging me to the gym tonight, I know it's a Friday, but limits the amount of possible Friday snacking etc and means I've really worked for my Indian

Last edited:
Tuesday 9th February

WI at lunch today, lost 1/2 which is better than nothing. Did very well last week but managed to mess it up completly at the weekend, this is definitely where I'm going wrong! Maybe I should think about saving my syns up for the weekend and only having 5 a day during the week, would still mean I could have a bit of chocolate...see where that gets me!

Green day today

Breakfast
Poached egg on 2 slices WW bread (HEB)

Snack
Small bunch grapes

Lunch
Huge mixed veg and quorn stir fry with noodles (counting 4 syns for oil used, did ask for none but there you go)

Snack
Pear

Dinner
Quorn sausage, mashed potato, broccoli and carrots - if I still feel stuffed this will be a tiny dinner

Milk in tea (HEA). Can't see me using up my remaining HEA and HEB, not hungry.

Wednesday 10th February

Oh dear, I have been a bit of a piggy today, I'm going to be completly honest here. Think I may need to just be careful for the next couple of days, not sure what happened but scarily this is what I may have eaten pre SW and not seen a problem with!

Green day

Breakfast
2 weetabix (HEB) and s/s milk (HEA)

Lunch
Small salad pot of noodles, mixed beans, tomato and salad leaves with carrot soup (few croutons - 3 syns)

Dinner
Pasta bake (garlic, onion, tomato, pepper, courgette, mushroom) topped with sprinkling cheese (HEA) and salad leaves

Snack...oh dear...
Liquorice (4.5 syns)
choc raisins (12 syns)
snack a jacks (6.5 syns)
orange
banana
apple

Grand total of 26 syns and it's only Wednesday...oops

Tuesday 16th February

Afternoon,

Not been very good over the past few days, been feeling under the weather and the only thing that I seemed to find appatising was crunchy peanut butter on white toast - I almost forgot what normal food was like, it was an amazing weekend! Despite this, I managed to lose 1/2 lb today, not huge but I was pretty chuffed with myself.

No more peanut butter or white bread (mmmm....) I must be good this week, I'm going in the right direction and I plan to keep it that way.

Green Day

Breakfast
2 slices toast (tiny bread) HEB
2 poached eggs

Snack
Apple
Banana

Lunch
Sandwich
2 slices tiny bread (HEB), cheese (HEA), light cream cheese (3 syns), salad leaves and tomato

Snack
Orange
Pear

Dinner
Pasta, kale, courgette, chilli and garlic

Gym tonight - probably 45/50 mins on X trainer

Friday 19th February

So pleased it's Friday! going to a friend's tonight and although she's not on SW what she's cooking sounds good and very healthy...yum. She did ask me to take round some nibbly bits, she's into them - I'm taking round some black grapes and cherries, figured it's healthier than the usual crisps/dips supplied!

Extra easy:

Breakfast
'fried' egg
baked beans
2 bacon

Snack
Apple and muller light

Lunch
jacket potato
baked beans
cottage cheese

Snack
1/3 Pret Love Bar....mmmmm.....6 syns

Dinner
low fat coconut chilli chicken and pepper curry and brown rice (6 syns max for the light coconut milk)

grapes and cherries after

diet coke/lemonade all the way as I'm driving (killer hangover last week has put me off drinking for a LONG time - good news for weight loss!)

Have a nice weekend!

Last edited:
Monday, 22nd January

Hi,

Hope you all had a nice weekend. I have been 'fairly' well behaved food wise this weekend, been on track other than just going for it on Saturday and having a pizza in Prezzo, I debated and debated - knew I should have had the only SW friendly thing of pasta and tomato sauce but I really wanted the pizza, haven't had one in so long - was all very exciting! Only had half but still...

Today is a green day, WI tomorrow, would love a 2lb loss as been very good (1/2 pizza aside!)

Breakfast
2 weetabix (HEB)
SS milk (HEA)

Snack
2 Finn crisp (HEB)
2 LC blue cheese (HEA)
Muller light

Lunch
Quinoa
Lentils
Salad

Snack
Apple
Shapers choc (4.5 syns)

Dinner
Lentil dahl (concoction found in freezer)
Rice

Need a little bit of advice - I know it's generally best to go for the full healthy extras, but sometimes I don't fancy a full 5 laughing cow cheeses - I know this is recommended as it's all to do with calcium, but that aside, would it actually affect my losses. I've never gone over on them, generally under and always taken the view that at the end of the day SW or not, all diets come down to one thing - less fat/calories equals more of a loss, what do you lot think? Saw a friend the other night who's on SW and she said if I don't have the full HEA/B I should count as syns....

Last edited:
Back