Fbg and after exercise results

Discussion in 'Diabetes' started by Barb, 2 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    I have bought an accu-check meter and checked my FBG this morning - granted it was under just 11 hours since I had eaten but the result was 8.3.
    Went straight to the pool for my swim - did 30 lengths, came back and FBG was 9.6!

What does it mean??????:wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    Was this after breakfast?
    Those numbers are a bit on the high side aren't they? Does your doc know you go as high as that?

4. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Both results were before breakfast. The first one was as soon as i got out of bed, but only 10 hours after stopping eating the night before! The 2nd one was just over an hour later after going swimming, which i thought would make it lower not higher! I'm confused.

Generally i seem to be between 7 and 8 so was really shocked to see a result over 9.

5. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    During exercise your body turns carbs into sugar which will sometimes show up on your monitor. It should go down fairly quickly though.
    Your normal bg should be between 4 & 7. Your doctor should have told you that. You have a tw*t for a doctor!

6. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Thanks Leanne, I hear what you are saying and your explanation makes sense. I know my bg should be under 7 and I am trying to achieve that with the diet and exercise and weight loss but obviously that's going to take some time. Gonna check my bg again in a min and see how it is now.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.