Fbg and after exercise results

Barb

Gold Member
I have bought an accu-check meter and checked my FBG this morning - granted it was under just 11 hours since I had eaten but the result was 8.3.
Went straight to the pool for my swim - did 30 lengths, came back and FBG was 9.6!

What does it mean??????:wave_cry:

Both results were before breakfast. The first one was as soon as i got out of bed, but only 10 hours after stopping eating the night before! The 2nd one was just over an hour later after going swimming, which i thought would make it lower not higher! I'm confused.

Generally i seem to be between 7 and 8 so was really shocked to see a result over 9.

During exercise your body turns carbs into sugar which will sometimes show up on your monitor. It should go down fairly quickly though.
Your normal bg should be between 4 & 7. Your doctor should have told you that. You have a tw*t for a doctor!

Thanks Leanne, I hear what you are saying and your explanation makes sense. I know my bg should be under 7 and I am trying to achieve that with the diet and exercise and weight loss but obviously that's going to take some time. Gonna check my bg again in a min and see how it is now.

Back