Fear of a (please don't let me be a) fat bridesmaid!

Good morning
I've woke up excited to get back on plans and to normal! Had a rubbish nights sleep with awful dreams and I'm blaming bad food n chemicals in them! Give me back my lovely nutrients!
X

Welcome back! Have a good day x

Honeycomb shake and first litre of water done. Need to get my water back up feel rubbish and sluggish today.

Random question but does anyone get psoriasis on their scalp? I've tried so many things and nothing works. X

I feel the same. I had a great time on Saturday but today the guilt has kicked it and I'm mad with myself I wasn't more controlled!! Ggr. Snap - 1 shake and 1 litre down.

Well done for getting back on the wagon - hangovers are always such a killer.

I get psoriasis on my scalp! There are three things I do that help it - 1) I only wash my hair once or twice a week. I know that sounds totally gross but washing my hair really aggrevates my scalp and makes it worse. 2) I brush my hair using a really great paddle brush (I'll check the brand tonight) - it's so gentle so causes less stress on my hair roots and therefore scalp and 3) I only use Morrocanoil shampoo and conditioner. They are quite expensive but this brand has really worked for me. You only need a little bit, so a bottle goes a long way. I found medicated shampoos far too harsh and actually made my problem worse rather than better.

These things may not work for you because I think we all get psoriasis for different reasons. You may find a medicated shampoo works wonders, or that cutting dairy / gluten does the trick for you (there's quite a link between allergies / intolerances and skin conditions). I think the best advice I can give is to try lots of different things and find what's best for you :)

I tend to get it worse around my hairline. On really bad days, I dab a little bit of Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream on my hairline with a cotton bud, which stops it looking flaky as a short term fix.

Hope you find something that works x

Thanks Womble! It's just got really bad the last 12-18 months just nothing seems to help. It's all mainly at the base of my neck but my front hairline is very dry.

Thank you for your tips but I already only wash my hair twice a week (I'm with you that it's a necessity!) I use a paddle brush and the Moroccan stuff made my hair really greasy :( I'm don't eat diary anyway but obviously do/did have gluten.
guess it's just keep trying different shampoos etc I had hoped losing weight might help.... Not that I know why?! Lol!!

MrsN we can't beat ourselves up just have to move on life is for living isn't it x

DRESS UPDATE
They have all been returned to the shop and the bride has her money back thank goodness.
I've found someone online that does dresses size 4 to 34 so can all be in the same style. They take roughly 2 weeks to make then 2 weeks to arrive. I think she may go for this option but I'm not sure just waiting for her to decide.

Now this poses 2 queries for me
With her new order she wants pastel colours she's thinking lilac.... As a permanent fatty I've never worn light colours and this puts the fear of God into me! It's her special day so obviously I'll do whatever but it scares me as I'll look even bigger!

Next The wedding isn't until July (I may have mentioned it once or twice) what size do I order? I'm thinking I want to be in a 14, so should I order a 16 then I can always have it altered? Even as I type it I think that's probably the most sensible as I'm not going to know how their sizes run so better to be pessimistic I'm thinking?

X

What size are you at the moment?

Eek to pastels! Not a chance for me. What colour was the last dress? Play it safe and order the 16.

Well it's difficult to say. 2 of my next size 18 suits fall down, another next size 18 fits for first time.
I bought 2 pairs of jeans from tesco one a 16 and one a 14 ( to slim into) the 14 fit comfortable and the 16 I can't get over my bum!
The dress I wore on Saturday was a 16 but obviously stretchy.

The last dress was a lovely deep/dark purple! I got to choose mine first as there was that colour and then lilac (2 of each)

Grr! Shops sizing drives me mad.
I would say a 14 if you are nearly there as July is a very long way off, is it late or early July?
However, it is a lot easier to make a 16 smaller than a 14 bigger (and very different mentally!).
When do you need to order?

The thing is I don't know if I'm nearly there as in the same day I'm wearing a size 18 pair of trousers and a size 14 pair of jeans.

I'm trying to talk her into getting colour samples as if it's online you want to see the colours, they take roughly 2-3 weeks to come so after that. This would have been good but I've got a full weekend off plan not this weekend but next lol. I'm just panicking as I don't know if we order sizes eg 16 then I can have it taken in or if we have to give measurements?! I guess either way if I do what I am now then I can have it taken in can't i.

I really envy people that are just one size forever. The bride is a small size 10 and always has been, when she goes on holiday every year her last years clothes fit lol it's something so simple but I'd love that.

I feel for you Emma it's so hard every high street shop sizes are different so what hope do we have! Hope you get sorted and I'm sure whatever you wear you will be stunning x

I can't imagine having a permanent wardrobe. My clothes are mostly from matalan, primark or Tesco because I always want to lose weight so don't see the point in spending more on clothes that won't fit soon in my mind. However, I have been this size for 3-4 years now :(

Lol I know that feeling except my size has crept back up n up so I have loads that doesn't fit - as I've discussed before earlier on.

I just feel stressed that I've got to give measurements I don't want to know them myself nevermind give my little skinny one them lol not that'd she'd judge at all she's amazing but she doesn't understand being big bless her. X

P.s I genuinely don't know where my clothes are from as I don't buy any but primark and supermarkets sound about right x

Your weekend sounded fab Emma! Great that you got back on the Exante bus today :)

Good news about the money back on the dresses too. Size for the new on is a dilema - think I would go for the 16 and then it can be taken in.

I would stall and decide as late as possible then. I hate making decisions!

If it's a size I'll get 16 if it's measurements I'll give what I am now and then have it taken in that's the plan decided! Good I feel happier now thank you all for your input! You're all so supportive and I appreciate you so much.

I've nearly finished 4 litres of water and then going to have a shake. I just want chocolate ones at the moment but worried I'll run out

Back