Fear of a (please don't let me be a) fat bridesmaid!

Emma3334

Silver Member
so in short I'm very over weight and know I am. I've tried Sw again which I've done well on in the past but just can't stick to it. My best friend gets married in July and I cannot be big on that day so I decided to start Exante (which I've had in the cupboard for months) today.

THEN last night she asked me to be bridesmaid!!!!! I'm over the moon so so excited! Obviously straight away I panicked about my weight and know I need to give this a really good go.

She's already got the dresses and said they are very small sizes which I don't know if she's being kind or not lol I tried on mine she kept apologising for getting me a size 18 an I was praying it would fit and it actually did which is some form of miracle I tell you! I'd like to be in a 14 by July but have asked to swap it for a 16 so I don't put myself under too much pressure and eat ALL the food!

I've got raspberry porridge for breakfast then a peanut bar and bolognaise for tea. I'm very nervous incase I don't like them. However I've heard Exante is quite tasty?? Fingers crossed.

I also stepped on the dreaded scales this morning I genuinely was shocked I weighed in at 17.6.8 so basically 17 and half stone!! A lot more than I thought I was so that's not a great start but hopefully I won't be seeing it for long.

Just drinking my pint of water before making the porridge x

Well I ate it, it wasn't nice but wasn't horrific. Pretty solid though and it kept setting which was pretty off putting. Wonder whether I should add more water when making it maybe? X

Hi Emma and welcome. I know how you're feeling at the moment - a couple of years back when one of my best friends got engaged I was dreading that she might ask me to be her bridesmaid. Which is awful, as I love her dearly. Of course, I said yes, but all I could think about was 'the dress'. Unlike you, I didn't do anything about it and then spent the whole day worrying about photos, so well done on taking action! I've only been doing Exante a few weeks but from my limited experiences and reading the experiences of others on here, the weight does come off in no time so you will look fab in time for the wedding, I'm sure.

I find the exante products quite tasty and there is lots of variety so we shouldn't get bored. Good luck!

Oh man, I know this feeling! When my best friend got married I ordered my dress two sizes smaller. It got to the day and I could only just squeeze myself into it - I was miserable all day. I was still a fat bridesmaid too, and the ill-fitting dress made me look so much bigger. Exante is perfect to shift the weight quickly, I wish I'd done what you're doing!

I haven't tried the porridge so can't really advise you on that one. I love the shakes so I'm sticking with them :)

Welcome! I think the best advice with Exante is find what you like and stick with it, I personally absolutely hate the soups (one of them made me sick!) but I know others who love them, and I love the shakes whereas a lot of people hate them. There are tonnes of good recipes on the Exante website to make the whole journey a lot easier! Good luck :)

Hello!! Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and being so supportive! It's so encouraging! I've only told me house mate and although she's been ok I know she's not on board and just keeps mentioning exercise and the gym-not what I need right now! I know everyone has there own hang ups but she's bridesmaid in a few weeks and is going on about being fat... She's 5'9 and a perfect size 10/12 she doesn't understand!

I bought a random bulk buy of products off eBay but it worries me that it'll just be the things people don't like lol.

I've had a peanut bar for lunch but stretched it out an just had the last bit. I've also had a mint green tea and a fruit tea am I allowed these?
I'm worried about the bolognaise. I've heard some people say add more water to everything and others said cook longer or less lol I know it's trial and error but quite panic when if you mess it up you've got nothing else lol

The bulk buys are good for figuring out what you like :)

I know you can have mint tea but not fruit, I think it has citric acid which we aren't allowed. You can also have 1 can of Coke Zero a day, that's saved me a few times! And an oxo cube is allowed too, it makes a decent savoury drink when you're hungry.

I would say just follow the instructions the first time you try the packs, then you can change them next time. You can add spices, I know some people add chilli flakes for a bit of spice.

How have you found it so far?

Oh no! The fruit tea was lovely! Can't believe I've gone wrong already! Ahh well least it wasn't mega bad.

The bolognaise is vile it's making me feel sick eating it but I'm scared to chuck it cos I've got nothing else. I've put salt and pepper on but it's still horrible I had high hopes as people seemed to like this one. I'm scared now if I try things and they're like this I don't know how I'm going to cope.

I'm not hungry really but don't know if I'll manage till I go to bed. Did I read somewhere I can have an egg? X

Hello and welcome Emma :)

It is a bit of trial and error with the products - and you might find your tastes change over time as well

I tend to add a bit of extra water to most of the packs - and pepper to the savoury ones

It is important to drink enough water each day - helps with weight loss, and replaces the water that is present in 'normal' food

While citric acid can potentially 'knock' some people out of ketosis, I personally don't feel that an occasional fruit tea bag is going to have any impact on anything :)

....I drink fruit flavoured fizzy water and have the occasional fruit tea, and it hasn't been an issue for me

I know the first few days are difficult - but then it gets so much easier

If at all possible try to stick to the plan and not add things, especially in the first weeks

.....I truly believe this makes it so much harder to get into a routine, and just prolongs the discomfort of getting comfortably into a mild state of ketosis

Good luck with your journey - and think of your beautiful dress when you're struggling! :D

Thank you! I'm feeling better about the fruit tea it's a tea bag I'll survive! I won't have any more as you're right to stick as much as I can. I've been doing well with water I think I've had 8 pints of water and 3 mugs of hot water/mint tea.

That bolognaise was really awful and I tried adding extra water as it was just solid but that didn't help either! I've just had an egg scrambled I know it's naughty but didn't want to start opening new packets

I was going to have porridge for breakfast but at the moment I'm dreading tomorrow think I might try a shake for breakfast instead fingers crossed. I've got a client appointment tomorrow night so I won't get in till late which is abit scary for day 2 and the same day 3! X

I make the bolognaise with boiling water, to a fairly thin consistency, leaving it to stand for a bit to plump up the 'pasta' before nuking it for 3 minutes

I add some pepper too

I think it's quite nice then :)

My favourite is the curry though - very nice :D

Oh I don't have any curries in my stuff but I've got some of the black bean pit so might try one of them for tea x

I've been in bed since 9 lol to avoid temptation but starting to feel hungry now but don't want to drink as I'll be up all night!

I'm really worried about tomorrow now in case I don't like the shake. I know it's trial and error but it's expensive to figure out what you like. Scared incase I'm going to waste these next few days going through products I don't like to not be able to hack it and end up at Sw! I know Exante works but I can't not eat at all or just eat 3 bars a day!

Emma found your diary and your reason for doing this! Trust me once your body goes in ketosis - you won't be worried about what goes in your mouth. Exante online has great discount deals once you find what you like. I've pawned most of mine of to my mom because I can't be bothered! The bars are nice! Didn't really like the choc-coconut one at first, but I cut it up and put it in the freezer it's divine. I loved the daal pots until I tried the curry pack now I won't go near them. So you see you'll find your fit, just have to get over that first week I'd say.
If you stick to it even the 14 will be too big - guaranteed!
Have a great day

Day 2
Pleased I got through day 1! Woke up thirsty but not hungry so that's good. I'm going to stick with my new idea of trying a shake I don't know whether to have choc Mint or the blueberry smoothie, need to get some water down me first! Just sooooo hope I can do this, just concentrating on a day at a time - I know that sounds melodramatic but at the moment it's how I feel.

Trying to be hopeful for breakfast X

Enlighten you're a cutie thank you for popping over. It's just finding out what I like that's the hard bit. I know these diets work as I did Cambridge about 5 years ago when I thought I was huge (starting weight then about 15st so 2 and a half heavier than now!) and I lost 2 stone in 2 months but you're right I had porridge soup and a tetra all the same flavour of each most days!

To continue my ramblings....
Hurrah!!!!!! I managed to drink the mint chocolate shake!!!! There's hope again! Hurrah!?!!

I'm feeling happy again! I'm wondering whether I should have a shake instead of attempting a meal tonight we will see how hungry n desperate I am by the time I get in. I'm going to try wait till 1 ish to start on my bar and maybe have half then the other half about 4 as I won't get home till 8 ish.

Gosh can you imagine if I was a size 12! Lol I can't imagine that far in advance as I'm a generous 18 now (when it's stretchy lol) by some miracle by size 18 suits are still fitting thank god.

I've got clothes under my bed and in wardrobe spanning from size 12 to size 16 that don't fit but are lovely I'd love to have that feeling where things fit again! X

Hi Emma, just seen your diary.

I was just like you at the start, worrying about liking the products. It is a bit trial and error at first and to stop any indecision and wavering off plan at the beginning I decided the night before exactly what I was going to eat the next day (I still do). Most products I found were ok, only a few I just couldn't eat made the way the instructions tell you but I asked on here and usually someone (ok Darcy) would have advice to make it better.

Have a good day today :)

Hello lovelies
I have put everything in piles to decide in advance what I'm going to have but was worried after yday.

This morning I had shake which as you've read was ok then my peanut bar at lunch another success as normal. I've been in about half an hour I was brave and stuck to the planned shepherd pie.... It's was edible, now I wouldn't say nice but a million times better than the bolognaise! I put lots of salt and pepper in and managed to eat it even though it resembled slop lol.

Now I must admit I popped into morrisons to buy an emergency bottle of Diet Coke and I bought 2 pre packed hard boiled eggs I did NOT eat them but I feel more at ease knowing they're there just in case I need one.
X

BONUS just found 2 inches of bar I'd saved for the drive home so just had a practically midnight snack!

H.M came home tonight asking me if I'm ok a million times and could honestly say I was fine. Although I'm soooooo thirsty all the time I'm normally rubbish at drinking and could easily go all day on 1 cup of tea n 1 glass of diluted juice do this is mega new - also meaning I'm running to the loo ALL the time lol
She then proceeded to eat the rest of my counters which was a double edged sword.... I was happy as they're gone but sad I couldn't even have one lol I just said to replace them on 1st August (day after the wedding!)

Night night

Ohhh
Would anyone be so kind to tell me what they lost in first week and first month please

Blueberry smoothie done, it said 200-250mls of water but I did 300 and it still felt too thick but live and Learn It was ok so that's a positive also Took ages to drink too which was good.

Standard peanut bar for lunch then think I'm going to try beef in black bean pot for tea.... Any opinions? X

Back