February 2016

*Hugs* sorry to hear about your sore throat, its all you need when this plan is about eat eat eat and your throat treats the food like sandpaper grating your throat :( not to mention, synning medicines. That's the ridiculous side of this, synn medicines - I understand, that you could gain because it has a lot of sugar but synning it when you are poorly - takes most of your syns away for things you only want to reach when your ill, chocolate and home comforts :( Hope you feel better soon and come back with a cracking loss!

Woohoo! Congratulations! so exciting for your club 10. Dying for mine coming next week fingers crossed! Brilliant news, I bet you are chuffed!

Well done you! fantastic. Ready for March Challenge?

Woohoo! well done! good loss and no exercise in sight ;) congratulations on your award!

The march one has been set up - have you checked it out? it just be just either above this or under this one, same set up :) with new people it seems
Yes i am thanks xx

1.5 down today. I think my target for Feb was a bit ambitious

Congratulations on your loss. Well done you! My consultant says Reach for the stars, so if you fall, you land on a cloud. You fell on the cloud and not the hard ground. You did so well not gain, and there is always March to pull up your socks, measure healthy extras. make sure you stick to 10 syns per day, plan plan plan and reach one of the stars :)

Neveragain, I'm loving your PMA
Congratulations on your loss. Well done you! My consultant says Reach for the stars, so if you fall, you land on a cloud. You fell on the cloud and not the hard ground. You did so well not gain, and there is always March to pull up your socks, measure healthy extras. make sure you stick to 10 syns per day, plan plan plan and reach one of the stars :)
I love your upbeat and positive outlook so much. Can you bottle some and throw it my way?!

Great results for the last week of the challenge and I'm hoping not to spoil it with a red box!!

Sarah - as much as I hate to admit it it looks like you missed by gain of 1lb on the second week.

Got weighed this morning, had no idea how I would do as had a mixture of cakes and long walks with the pooch.
Obviously, the exercise wiped out the cake!! Yippeee, another (@Sazmajig ) 3lbs off!!

Last edited:
Hi i weighed today and put on 1lb. Been ill all week so eating when and what i fancied tbh! Had a birthday monday so that was bad aswell! Must get back on it though

As a rule I don't write OMG, but OMG this week I have lost 7.5lbs!!!!!!!!! I was hoping for a good number but never expected that. Still doesn't quite give me my February target but sets me up nicely to start the March challenge.

@Neveragain , thanks for spreading the PMA, it worked like a charm x
Wow that defiantly deserves an OMG well done you :D that's fabulous X

Yay! Well done @M Louise H. No worries. I have alot of energy now and my body is changing everyday which is lifting me out of sadness and I'm in a good mood every day. Never been like this in years. I'll push everyone up this hill if i have to! Because everyone deserves to be happy, enjoying been on slimming world and get their goals.
Something has clicked for me this time and actually enjoying been on slimming world.. Other times I've been on it. I've plodded on but quit soon. But my daughter has a happy, playful mother again and I can't stop now :-D

Wish I had some optimism, I started with it, was full of motivation loosing 15lbs in Jan, but lost diddly squat in Feb and don't know why, I been trying and have been 100% the majority of the time. Everyone kept telling me not to worry, if I've been good it will all catch up, but it hasn't. Now I'm doubting myself, the diet and everything else. This is when I normally would quit and consider myself a hopeless case, but I don't want to give up :-(

Wish I had some optimism, I started with it, was full of motivation loosing 15lbs in Jan, but lost diddly squat in Feb and don't know why, I been trying and have been 100% the majority of the time. Everyone kept telling me not to worry, if I've been good it will all catch up, but it hasn't. Now I'm doubting myself, the diet and everything else. This is when I normally would quit and consider myself a hopeless case, but I don't want to give up :-(

I know this feeling all too well and know how hard it is to shake it off too. This last week I went right back to basics: weighing my healthy extras (except my milk, I must confess) and filling out a food diary. The main thing was though something just clicked in my head, who knows how long it will stay but I have to try and make the most of it.

Don't give up, Feb is almost over....draw the line under it, plan this week's menu if you can and have a great week x x x

I wouldn't mind if I was closer to target, but the fact I'm stalling at 22.12 is a bit depressing. How can I be eating the same amount of syns someone literally half my size and still not be loosing?

Hi Jhsax, I'm sorry to hear about this month. Do you do a food diary still? and measure milk out? I know its tiny blips if you don't it can add up..... I was so out of control before with my eating. grabbing anything to help carry through the day while i was doing 5-8 orders per day (sometimes would sit down for meal till after 7pm, and thats my first meal of the day, was eating crisps, bread and chocolate and lots of fizzy drinks, to keep me doing ) and that lead to my behaviour and moodiness throughout the day. i won slimmer of the week and my consultant put in a mini measuring cylinder with a lid and measuring spoons inside, i think it was from the pound store, but it helps so much, I measure my milk out for the day on the night before and i only use whats in the cylinder. I 2 x weetabix on the morning, maybe sometimes oats, but I need the fibre from the bix to help me through the day. so just simply measuring out the milk and B can make a difference in the scales and also mentally aswell, If you weigh and measure the healthy extra a and b on the morning as your first meal. it sets your mind for the rest of the day. it helps you to focus because you restricted yourself to the right amount and not guessing, it helps me think... well I did that this morning I need to continue...... also I take 2 mins after meals to sit down, either curl on the sofa watching tv or at my desk and write in the food diary and be 100% honest. also helps me to keep on track and in control. I also have a water app on my phone, tells me when my next 500ml is i have a large glass measured it too 500ml so i only need to drink that 4 times and its do able, and i see the benefits and that helps towards the scales too.
and i check the syn value on everything now as a couple of people in my group have been caught out. the app says its free one week and then recipe changes and its syn. and everyone was shocked, you need to be update on the syn value because that will catch on the scales. I use alot salad stuff, even if im doing the sw tikka meal, i have a bowl of salad too on the side, weetabix gets strawberries. sw sausages and chips has a salad on the side,

I know ive just waffled on, but I wanted to make sure I got everything in :) as I don't want you to give up. Is it the motivation not there? you a reaching for stuff that you arent accounting for because you think you will be fine? Maybe visual aids help? I have a stone countdown sheet I am happy to pass over for you to print out, its birds and hanging lantern jars and you colour in each heart for 1lb loss, that helps me to be motivated, I also have a wall painted with black board paint in my kitchen to help me with orders and school activities to remember and for my daughter to play on, but I have made the top section slimming world, so we have written every stone award has a place to go visit, 1 stone was beamish, I am 1 and half lbs away from 2 st award and thats to go visit eden camp, so i have a count down and seeing all the places where we have chosen to go for every award, keeps me going, exciting to keep going as my daughter is looking forward to going too, which helps me to keep driving on.
maybe writing a food diary in here and see if we can pick somethings out or things you need to add in might help? if its the food side. introduce more fish, water and 1/3 plate super speed food.
let me know, dont give up! you are doing so well!!

I write a food diary on here and I am 100% honest and I weigh everything out. The only time I've gone off plan and not written stuff down is yesterday and the day before, I can feel myself slipping off the slope.

Back