February money challenge

In case anyone was planning on buying anything from eBay, this is today only x
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393581551.733124.jpg

That's great Michelle! I wish I had a place in the sun but I realise that the reality is probably very different to the fantasy ;) x

We bought it a good few years ago instead of moving to a bigger property here, then the market slumped & the value of our holiday place devalued, which doesn't matter really as we bought it to retire to, then last year OH said he didn't think he could retire to an Island! So when the market improves, no rush, we'll sell & buy somewhere else. Yes we do have to put a decent amount of money in the Spanish account each month we rent it out which goes towards it but doesn't pay the bills, and we're just in the process of giving it a bit of tlc, like new tv, there is nothing wrong with the tv in there but its an old one, and other bits and pieces.

I buy the place in the sun mag and usually curl up and daydream but it's not likely unless I win the lottery lol.
May have to settle for Wales or Scotland!

Just got home contents insurance through, gone up again of course, by £3 though so not drastically. This will be the third year with Direct Line and it started at £30 and is now £38 a month.
Wondering if that's an ok price. We get a bit of travel insurance, personal possessions (like mobiles gadgets etc when out and about) but I get that with my bank anyway.

Mine is £110ish for the year! My brother in law works for the company so I may get a bit of discount but that seems a lot to me!? Do some comparisons online and see what prices come up!

Have done comparisons and lowest is £204 for the year which would be a saving of £18 a month (yay), but that and most of the others don't have personal possessions coverage, but am wondering if u need that, what with mobile and gadget insurance with the bank and world wide travel insurance, maybe I'm covered enough and should just go with the cheapest? It's Churchill who are coming up cheapest x

I have my phone listed on mine as I don't have insurance via my phone company. I think if you don't have phones covered it is worth having at least that since these days all smart phones have glass screens which break easily. I always do my travel insurance as I go rather than by the year as insure and go do pretty good deals.

If you are covered elsewhere for phones and holidays etc I would go for the cheaper deal :)

Just found AA at £89 and legal & General at £109!! Whoop! I'd just pay that outright!

Another thing RE home jnsurance and personal possessions/mobile phones. Would you claim on your home insurance policy for your mobile phone? I know I wouldn't as wouldn't be worth losing any NCB. X

Another thing RE home jnsurance and personal possessions/mobile phones. Would you claim on your home insurance policy for your mobile phone? I know I wouldn't as wouldn't be worth losing any NCB. X

I probably wouldn't because I have mobile phone insurance through the bank. I'm thinking it may be better to get the cheap contents and then go to somewhere like protect my bubble for the laptops and cameras x

I probably wouldn't because I have mobile phone insurance through the bank. I'm thinking it may be better to get the cheap contents and then go to somewhere like protect my bubble for the laptops and cameras x

We took out gadget cover, but couldn't claim for our Ipad which we lost in India last year (long story) & we couldn't claim when OH lost the gps, both equally expensive items, the cost of the cover wasn't that much but still a waste of money as we couldn't claim.

We took out gadget cover, but couldn't claim for our Ipad which we lost in India last year (long story) & we couldn't claim when OH lost the gps, both equally expensive items, the cost of the cover wasn't that much but still a waste of money as we couldn't claim.

Oh that's awful! What's the point in having it if you can't use it?!
We've only just started getting home insurance the last couple of years, and so far have paid about £700 and not got anything out of it. But I almost feel like I will be tempting fate if I don't get it x

I buy the place in the sun mag and usually curl up and daydream but it's not likely unless I win the lottery lol. May have to settle for Wales or Scotland! Just got home contents insurance through, gone up again of course, by £3 though so not drastically. This will be the third year with Direct Line and it started at £30 and is now £38 a month. Wondering if that's an ok price. We get a bit of travel insurance, personal possessions (like mobiles gadgets etc when out and about) but I get that with my bank anyway.

I work in insurance and that seems like quite a lot. Mine is £60 for the year! Granted I get 50% discount but without it, it would only be £120. It's worth doing a new quote, even with the same company and comparing it to your renewal quote xx

Back