Extra Easy fed up & no help

Hello everyone :wave_cry:

I ranted to all my friends about this site and no one has helped me so far. I am so disappointed :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I have posted my food diary for 2 days
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...helle-plz-give-ur-support-i-need-ee-plan.html
and no replies to say if im doing it correct or no so i decided not to bother and fall of the wheel again.
I cant afford to go to class and the one that is very good in my area is on when I am off to a very good Zumba class. :rolleyes:

So please heave alook see if Im doing it correct and if I get replies I'll star again on Monday. I even asked to be someones buddy and got no response. Is there something wrong with me?????:confused:

Thanks for reading but please reply
Michelle

Hey :)

Sorry that you havent felt noticed. I will go have a look at your food diary in a second, but I RARELY go in there unless someone posts in here to ask people to have a look, so I wouldnt have come across it naturally.

I also note that you were looking for a slimming buddy, but you posted that in the strugglers and restarters forum, not in the slimming world forum itself, so thats probably why people from here havent noticed.

I will go have a look at your food diary, but if you choose to fall off the wagon, you really have to take responsibility for that, it is no-one elses choice but your own.

BRB when I have had a good look :)

Sorry hun, we get set in our ways... will have a read xxx

Hello everyone :wave_cry:

I ranted to all my friends about this site and no one has helped me so far. I am so disappointed :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I have posted my food diary for 2 days
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...helle-plz-give-ur-support-i-need-ee-plan.html
and no replies to say if im doing it correct or no so i decided not to bother and fall of the wheel again.
I cant afford to go to class and the one that is very good in my area is on when I am off to a very good Zumba class. :rolleyes:

So please heave alook see if Im doing it correct and if I get replies I'll star again on Monday. I even asked to be someones buddy and got no response. Is there something wrong with me?????:confused:

Thanks for reading but please reply
Michelle

The food diaries often fall down a bit if not updated regularly. Also slimming buddies - not everyone receives a reply. My food diary was running for 4 weeks before I even received a reply, but its a record of what I eat to see where I'm going wrong, not really really for any other reason.

The one thing I will say is that what would you do without Minimins? Say the site didn't exist? Would you "decide not to bother and fall off the wheel again"? You have to take ownership of whatever plan YOU do.

You can always reference your book if you don't go to class.

If you don't go to class where do you get your info from? Did you buy a starter pack?

I know you're probably feeling a bit neglected, lost and not sure about what to do, but if no-one replies bump your thread up. Put a link to your food diary in your signature so its easier to find. It's a busy site and things get lost, bumped down and drowned in the volume of replies from other people.

And do this for yourself, I'm not saying no-one will help you, but you have to take responsibility for your own plan, and decide to "bother", so if no-one replied to your diary what would you do then? Not follow any plan or would you think you would forge ahead and do it anyway, for yourself?

I think you need to get some focus and get determined, for what its worth your food diaries look fine apart from the fact you 're eating things without being aware of the syn values.

I am sorry that you are feeling neglected - I am sure that was not anyone's intention. After all, your post about soups in July got lots of replies. And your post about a slimming buddy was not in the SW section, so many people here won't have seen it.

Back in July you started a food diary thread and you did get comments from Jules and Giblet - but you didn't go back to the thread and comment, or thank them, so the thread fizzled out.

Also, your question on the thread about chicken bovril got a reply, but you didn't acknowledge it (unless of course you did it in privately). Communication here should be a two-way street!

You say "no replies to say if im doing it correct or no so i decided not to bother and fall of the wheel again" - are you really saying that it is our responsibility to keep you on the straight and narrow?

Completely agree with the others, if you fall off the wagon it's not the responsbility of those on here!
There are so many threads and diaries that people tend not to read them all, I'm on here a fair amount of time and to be honest I tend to only get down the first few pages of the main forum and the off topic which are my favourites. I respond to some syn value requests and I write in a couple of food diaries. I also have my own food diary which I have my log of food and some general rambling words of how I feel - anyone is free to comment if they choose to do so.

I would say that if you need support of a group then go to the class and not to zumba. This is a fabulous supportive forum but is not a subsitute for a consultant, nor our own willpower and dedication for losing weight!

Have to say I spluttered on my coke(diet of course:p)when I read that because you got no replies you decided not to bother.Hun this site should "compliment" your weight loss not hold full responsibility for it.I've spent hours reading through my books/this site and talking to others to get a clearer understanding of SW and I'd recommend you do the same.Wishing you the best of luck with your weight loss journey :) x

I think we're all guilty of wanting the easy way and for others to do it for us (I know I do!) but at the end of the day it's the person who wants to lose weight who will chose whether or not to stick on plan or not.
If no-one replies to a post, it can be disheartening, sure, but to make that into the reason for coming off plan strikes me as a lack of responsibility for one's own actions.

I realise that you, as the OP, will now feel well and truly told off in this thread, but at the end of the day the responsibility for YOUR diet/healthy eating plan, is YOURS and no-one else's.

Rememberm you're doing this for you and no-one else.

Now, brush yourself off, get those books out, take ONE WEEK off your Zumba class (I don't even know what that is) and go to a SW class instead.

When you get a chance to have a read through this thread and your diary (thought you'd maybe been reading from the sidelines and holding off from posting back but then saw you posted this 21 hours ago and your last activity was 21 hours ago so you haven't been on since then) please please please remember this:

'You are Very Welcome to Slimming World support! We are a warm and friendly support group for people of all ages currently following the slimming world plan. Our aim is to encourage and support each other on our weightloss journey and also to pick up some good hints, tips and recipes along our way to Slimville'

which is posted at the top of the page and lets you know we didn't intentionally ignore your food diary. We want to help! We all do, honestly, but sometimes there literally are so many posts and people get into routines, like I'll go through the threads I'm already subscribed to, then flick through the list of unread posts since my last visit, being really quite picky and only looking at the ones posted in the SW section or in Introductions, and then finally I'll have a quick peek in the Syns Values bit, see if anyone needs anything from the SW site... But more often than not, I'm on here for about three minutes before I have to run off, so don't get the chance to submit all my replies, even though I might want to say something!

So yeah, I'm sorry you felt that way but posting for two days... and not getting a reply... a bit of a niggly thing to get sad over? I texted my C a few days ago about something, she still hasn't gotten back to me. I don't think she ever will, she never responds to my texts. I don't take it personally anymore. She's a busy woman, with a husband and kids and a job and all sorts to juggle. Most people on here are probably making the most of the last few days with their kids before school starts again! And replies get slow towards the weekend anyway. It's nothing to be worked up over, at any rate.

Oh and please can I just say something? I don't want to offend you but if you're going to rant to your friends about this site, can you also please let them know that along with all our meanie replies that we have sent on here (defending ourselves because we are a lovely community and our only problem is being human) we have also actually posted on your diary like you asked, to help you out? I'm honestly not being cocky saying that, but I think we're lovely people who don't deserve to be told (not in so many words) that we're kinda useless and to blame for you not sticking to plan (a plan that literally IS extra easy!) for two days because nobody helped.

BTW, also: yes Zumba is good for helping you lose weight, but attending an SW class will be even better for you. Personal opinion, take it or leave it.

Ali x

As has been said above peeps get into a routine on here and so may miss a cry for help, it's not intentional!
I write for days in my diary and don't get comments, but would never use that as a reason to fall off the wagon!
You are responsible for what you eat and to put that burden onto us is 100% wrong.
Maybe the reason you're giving up is that sw is not the diet for you. If you find it that easy to give up maybe try another one that can hold your attention.

Hi Michelle,

It looks like you've got lots of great replies on your food diary now. I hope its helped and you get back on plan and achieve your goals.

I cant add anymore than what has already been said but I would like to compliment this site. I have only been on here for a couple of weeks but so far I have been helped out with syn values, found lots of tasty recipes, tried to help when I can, and have now got lots of you as friends on my facbook.

Thanks to all the memebers on here who have made me so welcome

I cant add anymore than what has already been said but I would like to compliment this site. I have only been on here for a couple of weeks but so far I have been helped out with syn values, found lots of tasty recipes, tried to help when I can, and have now got lots of you as friends on my facbook.

Thanks to all the memebers on here who have made me so welcome

Top post! X

Well ladies sorry that I offended you which was not meant on any way but I used to sit on the side lines and read the views of others and take in the hints and tips. I know what I am doing on SW but I seem to be stuck in eating the same foods and not sure if thats why I dont budge or maybe I dont understand what I am doing I thought it was a good idea posting for a few days and once I get confirmed answers you all know that if someone praises what you do you feel better and enjoy it and want to do it more

I agree you are not responsible for my weight lose nor are you head by a gn to coach me but I have seen how helpful you all are to regular people and felt there was no way into the circle. I answered a posting that was about buddies as I thought that was a good idea. If I had known it was in the incorrect place I wouldnt have posted there.

So back on the right track I will post my diary starting this week I maybe eating things I dont know or understand the values of but thats why Im here to list these things and add them to the diary that I normally eat that way in the next few weeks I will be a 100% SW person understanding it 110% and then I can be more daring and try the new ideas that you all share.

I understand your comments and have taken them on board I didnt mean to sound bad in anyway but at last I got a real response. I was just readin certain peoples post who get answers by the load and thought why ...... So here we are I hope I can become one of the team and if not them well I can say no more.

Happy weight lose to you all

Hope youve had a nice weekend.

Michelle

Hi Michelle, I'm glad you posted again. Of course you're welcome to be 'part of the team' - we're all striving for the same goal. Might I make a suggestion? Really you should be finding out the syns value of food before you eat it and not after when any damage is done. Your road to goal will be much quicker and smoother if you do. Just a suggestion. Hope you had a grand weekend too. X

Well done for coming back and getting your point across.
It's always good to hear how people view us on MM's, and I agree that some posts get 100's more replies than others.
People who have been on here for a long time naturally fell closer to other "old timers", but remember that if you carry on on here you too will be one of them.
Also remember that some questions may be asked several times in different threads, by different people and we may reply to one of them, rather than all of them.
(sorry if i'm starting to ramble, it's nearly my bed time!)

Back