Fed up of being a fatty

sammielou87

I am in two minds do I go back to slimming world or "try" and do it myself.

I did the scary thing by weighing myself last week and I have never been so ashamed of myself and to see 14stone 8 on the scales I could cry that I have let myself get to that as this is the biggest I have ever been.
I have now got to the point that none of my clothes fit me and I am just in big baggy jumpers and leggings to cover it all up.
Where do I find the will power and the part of my brain to say come on fatty you need to stop eating and start losing weight.
I go to the gym with my partner 3/4 times a week but I have to say I hate every min of it and just worry that I am the biggest one there.

I think I need some serious help but where do I start??

Hey sammy
I know how you feel i tried the gym and there's nothing worse than seeing all the slim healthy people but you gotta remember that will be you. Think you got to ask yourself did slimming world work for you before and do you think you could do it alone. I'm trying to do slimming world it's my first time but i've tried to go it alone plenty of times and never succeeded always ended up getting fed up and putting on more weight than what i lost.
If you don't like the gym try something else i hated the gym so tried pilates and i loved it and you can do it at home using exercise dvd or they have the fitness channel on sky which has different types of workouts on there or look on youtube at different types of exercise and see if there's something you like coz everyone is different

You've already started. By admitting to yourself you have a problem you now only need to find the cure. SW is great. It works for me when nothing else does. The hard part is taking that first step and realizing that you need to do something about your weight. Good luck - keep us updated.

Thanks everyone I know slimming world works my mum lost 5 stone in six months.
I know it's going to take time to lose this and a pound a week is still a loss.
I just need to keep it more interesting this time round so any meal ideas would be great pls :0) I know I can do it if I put my mind to it and your right I have admitted I need to lose weight x well the group is Tuesday at 5.30 so I know where I shall be going x

Hi Sam, you have put yourself in the right place, I personally would go to a group as the support there is amazing, I thought I'd try it online, that would have been a very lonely experience with no real support my group have been so helpful to me by the way 14st I'd love to be 14st :) you will be ok if you can remember what scared you about he weight you have got to. What keeps me going is the fact that my mum had a massive heart attack at the age of 56, I'm 53 and I'd like to live longer than mum did, it's a thing that stays in my mind almost every day.
set yourself little targets and eventually you'll look back and realise you hav lost a tone r two and it won't anywhere near as terrible. Good luck mate and keep us informed.

Last edited:
I am in two minds do I go back to slimming world or "try" and do it myself.

I did the scary thing by weighing myself last week and I have never been so ashamed of myself and to see 14stone 8 on the scales I could cry that I have let myself get to that as this is the biggest I have ever been.
I have now got to the point that none of my clothes fit me and I am just in big baggy jumpers and leggings to cover it all up.
Where do I find the will power and the part of my brain to say come on fatty you need to stop eating and start losing weight.
I go to the gym with my partner 3/4 times a week but I have to say I hate every min of it and just worry that I am the biggest one there.

I think I need some serious help but where do I start??

first of all hello and welcome, second I know how you feel, I lived in joggers and big jumpers now that I have lost the weight I refuse to wear either!! third I tried many many time to loose weight on my own only to loose so much and gain it all again and a couple of pound more, OR the diet starts monday....that went one for 3 years I never said what monday!!
fourth, joining SW group was the best thing I ever done you get lots of support, idea's and meet loads of new friends. It was also the most nerve racking thing I done was walk through the doors followed by getting on the scales for the first time!! It kept me honest with what I was eating as i didn't want to pat £4.95 a week to say i gained weight. (apart from holiday christmas birthday) Writing EVERYTHING down is a real eye opener I was shocked by the amount I was eating even though I wasn't hungry. Good luck with what you decide and weight loss journey. :) X

The caretaker i'm well impressed with your weight loss, keep up the excellent work x

Thank you all for your support I know I need to do this foe me andi am the only one that can change this x

Positive thinking, think I WILL DO IT THIS TIME, ;) x

I started off going to group 7 weeks ago and it wasn't too bad but there are far too many people in our group (over 80) that it takes 2 hours to get through people so I can never stop. Then last week when we had bad snow they were only 6 of us and she forgot about me so I was not best impressed. I don't want to as such but I am now doing it from home and when I sort money out I am doing it online and get my support of here. I have started a food diary on here to help me :D

Well done for starting a new group, I lost 13lbs while attending :D Put 3 back on this week but I did binge over weekend as it was my brother in laws birthday :( Now back on track and hope to lose the 3lb I gained plus a lb so I get my stone award that my 6 yr old daughter as volunteered to design lol xx

Lol I have spoke to the leader and I start Tuesday at 5.30.
I get paid Monday so I will buy a count down and then I know I have to stick to it.
I also want to say thank you for all you comments they have really help and made me think that this is a positive thing I am doing.
If u have any meal ideas please do let me know so I don't get fed up to quick x

Gpuk said:
If you can Subscribe to the 'whats for tea' thread theres loads of really good ideas on there! :)

Plus there's a'whats for breakfast' & a 'what's for lunch' threads too

Also, take a look at the recipe threads, and of course other people's food diaries are useful.
I think keeping a food diary on here is useful too - it helps to keep on track, and subscribers are of great support if you haven't got one already

How did you get on in class?

Well done on joining. Such a good decision. You certainly wont regret it and hope all goes well for you. Just keep bobbing on here for support. :) :) :)

Thanks guys :)

Class was good everyone was lovely which helped.
Well day one is done and feel good don't think I have had enough free food today tho as I've had a busy day at work and didn't manage to get out lunchtime x

Hi Sammie. I just wanted to drop in and say, A) well done you for biting the bullet. Fingers crossed your weeks going well and you get a lovely loss to boost your spirits come first weigh in and B) 14 st 8.5 lb was my starting weight back in 2008. When I hit my target of 10st, 65lbs lost- it was exactly 65 weeks later. Sounds like so much, but that averaged me a 1lb loss a wee. (some weeks it was 3, others it was 0.5) but i got there. Ive had my girl since and am starting again.. but it IS doable. Don't be ashamed. When your at target, you can hold your head up high.. tell them your starting weight with no shame.. because you'll follow that number with 'but i did it' ... x

First weigh in done and a pound and a half off I would of liked a bit more on my 1st week but it is still a loss and I did have a family meal on Sunday (carvery) and I had dinner at my mums and was shepherds pie with lean mince not extra so maybe this week with no meals out and in complete control I can have a better weight loss next week x

Well done on enrolling thats the first big step - i know it took a while for me to talk myself round!
there are loads of threads on here - look in the 'slimming world recipes' section for LOADs of inspiration! To get you started theres some good 7day menus on the actual SW site, and the books they sell have some good recipes in too for a kick start. I printed lots of ones i liked off the website and have them in a folder by my cooker so if im stuck i just flick thru that for inspiration.
Also definiteyl keep a food diary for a few weeks at least and ask the C to look through it to give you any help or guidance on the food you are eating.
Keep at it and you will lose the weight - like you say your mum is proof! It wont all come off immediately, but slower consistent loss means your more likely to maintain it.
best of luck and let us know how you get on :):)

Back