Feel like giving up!!

lancslass53

Silver Member
Hi

I feel really down today :cry:
im on week 3 now and for the last few days ive felt so hungry i could eat my own hand, ive been in ketosis since day 3 but today i did ketone test just to see what it was as ive felt so hungry and NO CHANGE!! to the colour..
I havent cheated at all in the 3 weeks the only thing ive had different in the last 3 days is a 1/2 pint glass of cd flavoured water.. i feel so crap and disheartened its unbelievable.
its totm for me too which doesnt help as that lasts for about 10 days!
Just dont know what to do.. i feel like whats the point and whats kicked me out of ketosis,(mouth still feels like a hairy dog) im determined to carry on but dont know if i can sometimes.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem?
:sigh:

when you say no change to the colour what is it showing
it should be around the 1.5 mark/second pink one in
anything over this and you are dehydrated

totm doesn`t help emotions when on ss but if you can get through this few bad days you will feel heaps better.

as for the hunger try and keep as busiy as possible even if its reading a mag or going for a walk

chin up mate you can do this

hugs kaz xxx

hi hun sorry you feel like this, just to let you know that ketones only show up in the urine when there are excess ones left over!
if all your produced ketones are being used in the fat burning/energy process you wont have any left to be passed out in your urine
honest this is true
sometimes I am negative too!
and someone else on here lost 8 stones without EVER having a positive ketostik
if you havent cheated at all you cant not be ketosis
I would say dont even check with the sticks, hang on till weigh in day and then see how you feel
good luck
nat xx

hi and thanks for the reply

when i first went in to ketosis it was on the 2nd pink colour which was fine but today its no change to the colour it was before i peed on it :( just cant understand it at all

i know what you mean about keeping busy, it does help, think ill go in to town its hubbys birthday on the 14th and our 1st wedding anniversary on 17th then my birthday on 21st.. keeping our celebrations off till we have both lost our weight as hubby is doing this also

thanks nat

i only go to my cdc every 2 weeks, tend to weigh myself at home, havent lost any in few days but my belt has gone from the 2nd hole to 3rd so must be losing inches i guess

Yes yes yes I do now this minute... The next I’m ok please don’t give up its hard its bl**dy hard sometimes, but 3 weeks is brilliant and you are nearly there.
You know what I have never tested myself, I always plateau in week 2/3 and I could pull my hair out and I have eaten and felt so awful after and then another restart which is even harder..

Stay strong we can do it
Susanxxx

Hun, Dont give up, its totm thats making you feel emotional hunger.

I never tested for ketosis in all the time I did CD, if you are doing the diet then whether you wee on a stick or not its not gonna make a difference.

Try and have a lovely day over the weekend, some you time, have a scented bath, paint your nails, or just do something that you dont normally do thats just for you.

It will pass, and youll feel great again very soon x

I think its totm making you feel like this, you have done so well, you should feel so proud of your self for your achievements so far, it would be a shame to give up now, as the results of your hard work will be beginning to show. Hugs, Chin up, summer is just around the corner and so is a much slimmer you. If you dont feel proud of your self then, I feel proud of you and all that you have achievied so far:D . Take care and look forward to reading your update very soon.

thanks everyone for your lovely replies, feeling a little better, i will get over this mood and u guys have really helped.

This site is great :D

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better, and you know this place has so many people ready and willing to help:D its great.

Really? Same is happening to me. Stuck to it religiously, drinking about 4lts. Lost 10lb first week but this second week is easy diet wise but weight wise feel gutted! Scales haven't shifted at all and only 2 days left to go till CDC weigh in. Will be absolutely heart broken if stayed the same. Could it be a fluid imbalance as i've never had a glass of water in my life before.....always been a devout diet coke girl!
Deborah :(

hey nice to meet u lukiesgirl

if u r sticking o ss 100% there is no way u cant be loosin weight, so if u do get weighed this week n there is no loss u can pretty much guarentee a fab loss next week :) also check for inch loss!!!

good luck

xxx

Thanks Stacey. Nice to meet you too and you're so close, I'm a Sunderland girl myself although now live in Newcastle and love it! ;)

Think you're right if I give it time it'll catch up....hopefully!

Deb

I feel the same when its totm, youre not alone, i could eat a scabby dog then, just keep at it i dont loose weight either which really anoys me, but the week after i loose a little more, keep at it and youll get your rewards in the end.:hug99:

Back