Feeling Frustrated. How do you get through it?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Sarah_B, 27 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Sarah_B

Sarah_B Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hello,

I've not really posted much, I have mostly been lurking but I am starting to feel more and more frustrated with my weight loss.

I have tried talking to my husband, although supportive he just says your doing great dont give up. So I wondered if anyone had any tips to get through this before I console myself with a chocolate button or ten!

Im 7wks in and although I have lost over 15 inches I have only lost a stone. All I can think is that equates to 2lb a week and I know any loss is good but I am starting to struggle as the amount of effort im putting in does'nt seem to reflect on the scales.

Is there anything I can do to aid the weightloss and/or just get through this frustration?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eatlessweighless

eatlessweighless Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.78%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Wow, your inch loss is fab!! I wouldn't worry too much about the amount on the scales, and anyway, 2lb a week is blumming brilliant!

I would say that as your BMI is quite low anyway, that is probably why your weight loss is 'slow'.

All I can say is keep at it, you are doing excellent.

Theresa x

4. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I have to agree.

At the end of the day we don't walk around with a pair of bathroom scales strapped to our backs.

Our size is more important than our weight.

5. Sarah_B

Sarah_B Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Theresa,

Im not knocking the inch loss although they are going from the wrong places! I still have a couple of stone to go but im quite tall so I think that makes a difference aswell.

I think I'm just stuck in a rut at the moment so I'm going to go and plan some more 790 meals and try on some jeans in the next size down that I WILL be fitting into soon!

thanks

sarah

6. Sarah_B

Sarah_B Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    stbg,

I am trying to get my head round the whole size versus weight loss issue but after years of 'slimming' its as if I need the lb loss to validate the inch loss iyswim? By the way congratulations on your weight loss, its a fantastic achievement.

sarah x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.