Feeling incredibly sorry for myself :(

miss_emmajane

Silver Member
Why is it that although I have lost 26.5lbs and am feeling much healthier as well as fitting into all the clothes that I could barely get over my head that I feel really frumpy and self conscious of my weight.

I know that my mind goes into overdrive when I miss a weigh in as I am not on track and I lose motivation as I convince myself that I have put on/sts - I have been on plan all week but I wasn't weighed last week - being weighed tomorrow evening. I just want to be weighed now, I want this niggling feeling in my head to go and to know exactly where I am at with my weight.

I look in the mirror now and sometimes just think I kid myself and that other people must see me and think I look huge.

Does anyone else feel like this? I keep having to remind myself that I shouldn't get myself down over my weight as I have lost and am still losing successfully.

I think people probably NEVER looked at you and thought you were fat or ugly or big!

You are such a gorgeous-looking person, you have already lost 26.5lbs (26.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) on your own merits (because nobody else could have lost those lbs for you, let's be honest), and you're just getting slimmer and healthier by the day.

Sadly some of our inner negative voices and critics are hard/impossible to starve - when they should be the first ones to lose!

It's about accepting they're there - which you've done, by posting here about it - and realising that they can't and won't stop you - which is what I'm telling you now.

You're already a winner. Step out from under that cloud and enjoy the feeling.

Happy Sunday, and have a great week,

Awh :) I didn't know what response I wanted or expected but that was so sweet and my eyes teared a little (*week anyone?)

Thank you so much xx

You look great in ur pic emmajane and 26.5 lbs is a HUGEEEEEEEEEEE loss so far! You should be really proud! And everyone should be commenting on how great you look and how much weight you have lost. If they aren't you need some new friends lol!

XX

Back