feeling ****, looking ****, whats the point?

What's making you feel like this? Your weight loss is great by the way. Well done.

Dont give up Hun. Whatever's wrong we're here to listen.
(((hugs)))

its not great. 3 weeks i have stayed the same, how is that great? I am 11lbs off goal and i wanted to be there in under 3 weeks. Its impossible. I'm on 810 (bmi is 22.1). I am so tempted to SS even though i know i shouldnt.

Hon, your BMI is already low and I wonder if your body is crying out for more food? Sometimes moving up plan can kickstart your losses. I had sts weeks on 810 and bizarrely, sometimes eating a little more would get things moving again. You have come so far though, how can you not be proud of that? Go easy on yourself hon. Or... maybe think about staying where you are? Slim and healthy, with a great BMI?

xxx

Your head will just take a while to catch up, I bet you look amazing!

Guess we need to remember that slim people still have bad days and still have 'fat days' hope you're feeling brighter soon.

oh hun i feel for you, but i totally agree with Katy about moving up to 1000.
You already have such a low BMI, your body might not have anything else to lose.....!
There is an element of time where your head isnt in sync with your body, but i'm concerned that you still think your so big when your not!
Is there a particular reason for setting your goal to BMI20? Might be worth re-evaluating your goal hun?
The other thing is that its not good for your body for you to be on a VLCD (under 800 cal) when you have a healthy BMI so SS is NOT the way forward hun!

xx

I didn't know you had stayed the same for 3 weeks hun but regardless your weightloss is still great. I hope you reach your goal soon and I agree with Katy it may be that you need to move up a plan to get things moving. Good luck hope things move soon.

I'm really not sure you should be continuing this diet at the low levels. You're BMI is perfect at the moment.

I'm just after reading in another thread you want to be a size 8 or possibly 6. For your height that's dangerously thin. I'm 5'5" and I'm aiming for a size 10. I was that size 2 years ago and looked really good. I think an 8 would be ok on me but I'd never aim to be a 6 as it's completely unhealthy.

Your head doesn't seem to be in the right place now and I hope your CDC or someone close to you gets you to realise you're not overweight. From reading a couple of your posts you seem to be verging on a disorder and I hope for your sake this is completely untrue.

Ah hon you really have come a long way and have so much to be proud of,as everyone else has said I think moving up the plan (rather than down) is where you need to be going now. Maybe some sort of CBT would'nt go amiss either as I believe it really does take your head longer to catch up with the fact that you are no longer overweight.
I do sort of understand where you are coming from though,even though I still have a way to go I already sometimes worry that even when I get close to goal that I may still not be happy with myself as I have always said I am depressed/down because I am fat!
Still I suppose only time will tell for me.
Have you spoken to any of your loved ones about the way you feel? Think it might be a good idea and I do hope your just having one of thoses bad days and realise that you look fab.
Hope you feel better about it all soon hon xx

I agree with coconut. Please sit down and re-evaluate what is happening here. The fact that you see a size 20 is very worrying. You are far from it. You've done really well. Please think about why you are beating yourself up. Please talk to your CDC or a loved one about this. I hope and pray that you will be ok. :)

Oh hun, sorry that you feel so terrible. You really need to try to take a step back from this and get perspective on what you have acheived and your own sense of body image. To view yourself as a size/ shape differnt to what you are is not uncommon, but at the same time can also be a key feature of eating disorders. Whilst I'm not suggesting this is the case, you may just be having a bad day, you do need to try to give it some thought. At our weight and height i should imagine you do look good!
Our body image perception can often be affected by other areas in our lives, often a persons sense of self esteem and self worth are major factors. Is this really about your body or just not feeling happy in yourself? Are there other areas of your life that you are unhappy in, and you find it easier to focus on the weight, as this is seen as more 'controllable'.
Look, I'm sorry for the waffle. You came here asking for help as your weight wasn't budging at you've probably not recieved the help you hoped for. Just worried about you hun and hope you are ok. You know we are all here for you to talk but maybe it may be useful if there is someone close to you to really talk about how you are feeling, or consider seeking help from GP/professionals. All the best xx

I completely understand how you feel as i was the same. I became concerned because i found i was becoming obeseesed about how i look and scared of food, worried if i ate i would be fat again. That made me think OMG if i carry this on it could potentially turn into a disorder. so this weekend i had time out. I had plans for the weekend and decided i would do it off plan and give myself a break and do youknow what....i had fun!!!! i forgot about the obsession of dieting and enjoyed myself :)

I went into town yestersday and brought a dress that i have had my eye on for weeks as a motivational tool to get back on track after my wekkend off.

You need to reprogramme your brain hun. we will always look in the mirror and point out the bad things on ourselves ( i do it every day) however listen to the compliments you receive from friends, family and colleagues as its those who see the difference more then you do.

I sometimes still see myself as a size 16 but i have to continually tell myself NO!! you have lost over 2 stone. I then look on here at my pictures of before CD and now and i can see the difference. Do the same hun. Get some pictures of how you used to look and put them next to a picture of yourself now. It really does help hun i promise.

I am really sorry about how you are feeling and as others have said i am here if you need any help or if you need to rant.

Keep your head up chick, you have done extremely well. Look at what you have achieed rather then what you need toachieve. Learn to love you again xxx

I am happy with every other aspect of my life. It is just my weight that really gets to me. I have a very loving, very supportive and very hot boyfriends that is making sure I stay happy with life.

Its personal, self doubt and confidence that is making me feel like this. I know I had a disorder when I was in my size 6 and 7.5 stone. And I know I had problems when I was in my size 18s and 15 stone.

However at the moment I dont think I am at the stage where I could happily live this size for the rest of my life. My ultimate aim is between 8.5 and 9 stone. This is where I will be happy and that will be my fluctuation range.

Im just so disheartened that with SS one week I get no loss, the next week I 810 and get no loss, the next week I 810 and get no loss. This week is the end of the fourth week so if I dont get a loss tomorrow I am just going to be DEVASTATED. Your supposed to happily be able to loose weight on 810 to a BMI of 20, so question is why arent i?

Are you doing enough exercise? Because you might not necessarily need to lose more weight but it just keeps your mood on a high, helps you to feel in control and also tones you up and so on.

Now that you're a slim BMI it might be that you need to make other sorts of goals other than weight loss to feel better :). And if you really feel more comfortable at BMI 20 - I don't know what type of build you have so I can't pass judgement - exercise could give you the boost you need.

I do agree though that your self-image of a size 20 is obviously very distorted so you might want to look into cognitive behavioural therapy if you can for that aspect of things.

look at the positive hun, you havent gained either. Have a chat with your cdc and see what she says to you but i am now really worried about you as you have said you did have a disorder before xxxxx

Back