Feeling really down today

clambertina

Hi all

Like the title says I'm feeling really down today:cry:

Don't feel as I'm getting anywhere at the moment I have only lost 6lbs in seven weeks:(

1st wk M
2nd wk -2 1/2
3rd wk M
4th wk -3
5th wk +1
6th wk -1
7th wk -1/2

The last 2 weeks i have started to go on a 20 minute walk at lunch time and have walked more during the week-ends.

If anything I don't seem to be eating enough Syns but I don't feel as if I need them.

Can anyone see any problems with my "typical" day:

B: Muller Toffee Yogurt, Banana, 42g Crunchy Bran (HEXB)

L: Can of Tuna in Brine, 1 tbsp extra light mayo, sweetcorn, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot.

D: Spag Bol made with extra lean minced steak, chopped tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, garlic, herbs, tomato puree (1/2 syn)

Snacks: Pear, Satsuma, Hi-Fi Bar (6 syns)

HEXA: 250ml semi skimmed milk

Drinks: 1 litre Lemon & Lime carbonated water (6 kcal per 100ml)

Yesterday I felt so bloated and really uncomfortable, if anyone can give me any advice I would really appreciate it.

Thank you :)

If you carry on like that you'll have lost 2 stone by Christmas you know!

Maybe switch the carbonated drinks to actual water with sugar free squash, see if that helps the bloat. Apart from that, you have a really good food diary. Maybe easy up on yourself and have a piece of chocolate or a packet of French Fries, you deserve it!

7 syns a days isn't bad, my thing would be carbonated water fizzy drinks always make me feel bloated.

Are you writing everything down as it passes your lips as missing syns can be a problem, what worries me is the first week you had a maintain, did you understand the plan find it difficult or such? then on the 5th week you had a gain was this a week with a few problems? or a start week I'm thinking it the maintain was week 1 and 4 weeks later you had a gain it could be cycle related, again if in the 8th week you feel bloated. I'm thinking the way to go is a note book in your pocket where you jot everything down.

Are you guesstimating your milk and cereal? also could you swap them for non wheat options possibly dried fruit to see if its grain based bloat if not cycle based.

Only 6lb? Only 12 packets of lard. Only 6 bags of sugar.

You're probably like most people (me definitely included) that wants to see it come off at a supersonic rate.

My mum started sw at the end of last summer and recently had got to goal losing 22lb. She chipped away at it, 1lb or half lb at a time. And shes doing really well maintaining since getting there. Its the healthy way to do it.

I'm a right one to preach me though!!!! I'm a "want a stone off by next weekend" kind of girl which is why I've done no end of different diets. Am really determined to stick at this as its really quite easy and I feel normal doing it. As you can see from my sig its not flying off but I am living a normal life

Stick in there hun

What plan are you following red or EE?? Only if its red then sweetcorn in your lunch is syned & it maybe little syns like this that will add up.

I think 6lb is a good even loss - if it come off slowly like that you will get there & end up with the goal you wanted I am sure. So many ladies on here have done just that :)

What plan are you following red or EE?? Only if its red then sweetcorn in your lunch is syned & it maybe little syns like this that will add up.

I think 6lb is a good even loss - if it come off slowly like that you will get there & end up with the goal you wanted I am sure. So many ladies on here have done just that :)

I'm guessing the op is doing ee as she has syned the hi-fi bar which would be a heb2 on red

Thanks all:)

I am following EE. When I joined SW the 1st time, I maintained the first week and was absolutely gutted, so I was expecting the same this time around for some reason.

I will try fruit squash instead of carbonated water to see if this helps with the bloating. Everything that goes beyond my teeth gets written down, even if I do go over my Syns as at the end of the day I'm only cheating myself.

With doing some walking, (admittedly only 20 minutes a day) I thought this may get things moving and expected to lose more than half a pound. I won't let this put me off though as it blows the cobwebs out if nothing else and I do feel better about doing this.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks again:)

I agree, 6 pounds might seem slow but slow and steady wins the race ie.gets to goal and stays there! YOu should be proud of what you have achieved so far as you have done well!

Yeah whoever said add the speed foods I agree. Add some speed foods, try varying your meals, throw some different days into the mix so your body isn't getting bored. Experiment with your food and most of all ENJOY it!

Back