Feeling really down

misspiggy123

Hi all,

Sorry to rant,
However I have a really bad habit of weighing myself everyday !!!
And it's Wednesday and I have lost ZERO pounds!!!
It is my time of month, I don't know if this is the reason .
I am seven pounds away from getting into the eleven plus mark and I have a dress fitting by the end of January my brother has a BIG wedding planned for April.
I am hoping to get to ten and a half stone by then,
However at this rate I am scared I won't make it.
Once again sorry for the rant.
Regards
Miss Piggy 123

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Miss Piggy. I can so relate to your post today. I try hard not to weigh myself every day because I feel I just get obsessed! so I limit myself to two weighs a week, one on Tuesday and one on Friday. I weighed myself yesterday and was disappointed to still be the same as I was last Friday! Ohh I hate that! Couldn't stop weighing myself again this morning just to check and flipping heck I'm still the same!! It does make me feel a bit down but it is also my TOTM so I'm hoping that is the reason. I'm sticking to it 100% so I know it will come off and my trousers do feel looser on me today so I know I must have lost inches but it would be so lovely to see it on the scales!

Don't worry too much about your dress fitting you have a very could chance of being 10 and a half stone by then.

This has happened to me before and the next morning I can be 3lbs down, literally over night! When's your next weigh in? Mine's Friday. Fingers crossed somethings shifted by then!

Dong worry hun totm does funny things. I worried and worried if i wld get to target in time and ended up getting to target and losing an extra 3 lbs. worrying wnt make u lose more weight or change anything so why worry?!

Just keep at it and ure body will be losing fat even if the scales dnt say so x

Thank you so much Busy mum and Goose,

I don't know what I would do without your kind words and support.
It's just that I have so much pressure from my family to lose weight by April .( Brothers wedding)
I was not always heavy , gained quite a bit of weight in my late twenties and I have four very toned sisters.
So when we all go to get fitted I don't want to feel the same feelings that I have experienced over the years. My mum is the first to point out my weight .
And the wedding is going to be BIG, four hundred plus people.
I will take into account all your advice , and not stress.
As always thank you guys for all your support( Hugs)
Regards
Miss Piggy 123

Hi MissPiggy

TOTM is always tricky for weight loss and emotions I find. If you can't see you're losing everyday it's especially unnerving but remember your body is doing what it needs to do, and you need to trust it. You are doing fantastic, believe in yourself and keep strong and don't let those scales make you feel bad when you have already achieved so much.

Best wishes

Kay x x x

just remember, it is better that it is going down than going up or staying the same! You are moving in the right direction, no matter how slowly you may feel this is. You will get there!

Thank you Kay and Danii,

I don't know we're I would be if I didn't have this forum.
I guess I am feeling emotional at the moment.
Hopefully I will snap out of it and learn to be grateful for all that I have lost in weight so far .
Thank you once again ladies.
Regards
Miss Piggy 123

Hi MissPiggy

I too would be lost without this forum. Hope you're having a better day and just remember the feelings will pass, these are the trials we go through to get to where we need to go x x x

Hi all ,

I woke up today really bloated , I know I should have not jumped on the scales , and to my horror I have gone from 12stn 7lbs to 12stn 11lbs!!!!
Cry, cry, cry!!!
I have been 100% all this week and the previous , I just don't understand .
I think it maybe water retention , as I have been pushing the fluids. (Time of month)
I would be grateful for any suggestions on how to get rid of water retention .
Regards
Miss Piggy 123
Ps, or is it fat ?

Poor you well if you've been 100% then it is not fat but how much water r u drinking when I first started I would drink up to 5liter a day and I had to cut down to 2/3 liter now have a think it might be this

It cannot be fat - you've not eaten anything to make fat. It's defo water retention as you've been 100%.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

Hi Miss Piggy. Can't be fat. Must be the water, possibly hormonal. Like Mburke said are you drinking too much? Do you do any excercise? If not, it might be worth just doing some walking. If things don't stablise in the next few days it may be worth just having a check over by your GP. Do the pharmacy check your blood pressure when you weigh? If not perhaps they could just check it for you. Take care xx

Thank you all for your reply,

I am currently not undertaking any exercise , I may have been drinking to much water.
And my pharmacist doesn't bother with me, I have only saw her the once , when I went in for the first time .
I am back at work now that holidays are over with , so I should be more activate.
Thank you all for your advice and kind words.
Regard
Miss Piggy

Try and stay positive, maybe not weigh urself until ur passed tom and i'll bet u will see a difference and be over the moon. you can do this and get to target for your borthers wedding :)

soon you will be feeling really positive! I have had down days but this diet is making me look up and everything seems brighter by the day :D

Back