Feeling so down

Loopeylou

Gold Member
Gained 1 lb tonight and just feel i'm getting nowhere......i know the bigger picture is over 50 lb gone ( mostly with SureSlim ) but i feel so low.
I love doing Slimming World but not seeing the results when i put in so much effort.....had 6 100% days with a flexi day that my consultant said wouldn't equate to a gain :sigh:
She's given me an SAS log to complete for the week
HELP
:(
Claire

Sorry you're so down Loopeylou, you've been so supportive of so many others here on this board I hope you'll be able to get the help you need.

My suggestion would be to get right back to basics and pretend you're starting SW for the first time. Re-read your books, change up your HEs and cook foods that you really enjoy. Perhaps try incorporating some exercise as well? Not sure if you exercise at the moment or not. Do you have a food diary on here? maybe I'll go have a sneaky peek to see if there's anything I could tweak.

hun give it a month and see how you go.
also sureslim isnt that like lighterlife with the shakes and soups?
You are bound to put on even if you looka at food with them. SOrry but i did all of them and i love sw.
Why dont you post your menus up here so we can help see how you are going?
xxx

Edit - ops sorry thought it was your first week on sw.
xxx

Just took a look at your food diaries and it's as close to perfect as I've ever seen lol. So the only thing I can say is stick at it hun, you'll get there!! Afterall what's the alternative? Back to eating unhealthy foods and putting all the weight back on? You still have to eat so might as well continue eating delicious healthy food and lose weight slowly but surely. Incorporate some exercise and watch your shape change and your hair shine!

Good luck hun!

Aww come on Loopeylou, you've done sooo well.
I agree, maybe try a little more exercise and see if that shifts it a bit x

Sureslim is food but VLC diet :eek:

I do alot of Pilates as I have permenant damage to my sciatic nerve following a back op 2 years ago. Causes me many problems with balance, cramps etc....cannot run etc as can't balance on the ball of my left foot so can't step off if that makes sense.

I have got my books out again but i'm such a control freak that everything is checked and doubled checked when I plan my meals everyweek ( on a spreadsheet lol ).....as you can also see from my food diary :eek:

I will keep going for sure as the downward spiral would be gains getting out of control and I dont want that.

:sigh:

Aw big hugs. It's a horrible feeling when you have tried so hard. One pound isn't huge and it may be due to all manner of things form retaining fluid from having loads of carbs to not having had a poo. There is no knowing what constitutes that pound you have gained. It may not be fat and it may have shifted by the time you get up in the morning. Try plotting over a month rather than a week and see if that helps lift your morale. Throw in a few days that you might not do normally do ,so that might be some green days if you do red and extra easy etc. You could increase your superfree foods by dishing up a half a plate of vegetables and then in the space on your plate add the rest of your meal. Soup is a good food for filling you up so you could try a free soup prior to your evening meal so you eat less calorific foods like meat potatoes rice and pasta etc. Read the threads on here and take on board the comments you feel most comfortable with Good luck and keep going xx

Last edited:
Judging from your stats above you have lost 10lb in 10 weeks on sw- is that right??? Claire- 1lb a week is an incredible loss- you may not feel it at this moment because you have just had a slight gain, but I have just reached my 100lb milestone losing 'just' 1lb a week on average- it might not come off as quickly as we would like, and if you have been used to the losses from a vlcd then you may feel dissapointed, but cripes I bet you ate nothing like as well on that diet and there is no way in the real world that you could have continued with that for life, eh?

Like you said yourself- you need to take a big step back and look at the bigger picture. You are steadily losing weight AND improving your health, looks, energy levels and ultimately your lifespan- that is not something that can happen overnight, or even over the space of a few months- it takes time.

Perhaps it's time to start going a little bit easier on yourself, and enjoying your journey into your new lifestyle now, not just yearning for the end result

It's disappointing to put on but it could be any number of things, keep going and see what happens next week. Good comments from the posts above. Good luck xx

If your food diary looks good (I'm taking Honey's word for it lol!) then why not try working towards some Body Magic?

I know you said you have problems with your sciatic nerve, but is there any exercise you could do that can raise your heart rate? Maybe go for a brisk 15 minute walk twice a day or go swimming?

Back