fell off the wagon with a bump

crystel

:eek: OH dear
Newbies afraid too admit well into week 3 and i was doing so well and loving the food, but today i have fallen off the wagon with a big bump:cry:
I suffer alot with health problems one of them being ME and having a bad day today and just couldn,t face dieting.
Feel like abit of a failure now when i was going so well.
I truly hope all the newbies are doing well and staying stronger than me lol
Let me know how you are all doing
luv crystel xx

I have lost count of the times I've been out for meals on this diet and still plodding along. Slowly but surely! I've been pasted at work today. Got our break 10 hours into a 12 hour shift and finished a hour late. I've just poured out a bottle of magners pear, so we will need treats at times. I'm finding this diet so boring now. I'm trying to count calories and plan my meals in-between having diet chef days.
Don't worry and start again tomorrow!

Ah thanks Becksies
I am trying too get back onto it but like you i am bored with it and want too be able too swap things around abit
think i,ll feel more motivated when i get my new months hamper this week as run out of alot of the things a do like
Wow you sound very busy you definitely deserved that drink lol xx

Thanks healthy eater the support on here is great.
Yep very slippery things wagons and i often find myself holding on by my fingernails lol
I am generally very motivated but the ME i suffer from makes me pretty drained sometimes and i crave comfort food
But i agree you only fail if you give up completely which i,m sure i wont do as i did manage too stick too LL diet for four months and thats a tough one xx

Crystel

Oh no! Sorry to hear you so down about falling off the wagon. Good news is that tomorrow you can start fresh.

You will feel much better once your new hamper arrives. Try ordering some dinners with different textures - the Paella and mushroom risotto are a change from the usual casseroles.

Try some calorie counting for a few days and have some different meals. Enjoy cooking for a few days. Then start again with the prepared meals.

If you feel yourself starting to 'wobble', make the decision that on that day you will have 1500 calories, instead of 1200. It will reduce your weekly weight loss (slightly), but if a bar of choc makes you feel happy and lets you stick to the diet in the long term, have the treat and do not feel guilty about it.

Best wishes and keep going. Your last posting sounded much more positive than the first. Looking forward to hearing from the positive you again:p

Hi small steps
thanks so much for your post and support.
Too be honest i have decided too do what you suggest and swap around abit with my kcals etc.
Sometimes you just fancy different meals or a slice of toast lol
I have had a check up today and doc has sais it can be pretty tough too diet with ME as it attacks the immune system, so now know i have too get the weight loss and my health balance right.
But i do feel alot more positive today, i get my new hamper Fri and have ordered some different meals like you suggested as they are all very similar in texture so i,m sure i,ll be more motivated then.
How is your journey going you always sound very motivated hope its all going well xxx:D

crystel said:
Hi small steps
thanks so much for your post and support.
Too be honest i have decided too do what you suggest and swap around abit with my kcals etc.
Sometimes you just fancy different meals or a slice of toast lol
I have had a check up today and doc has sais it can be pretty tough too diet with ME as it attacks the immune system, so now know i have too get the weight loss and my health balance right.
But i do feel alot more positive today, i get my new hamper Fri and have ordered some different meals like you suggested as they are all very similar in texture so i,m sure i,ll be more motivated then.
How is your journey going you always sound very motivated hope its all going well xxx:D

Hi Crystel,
I am not doing so well at the moment!
I am still motivated, but I feel quite poorly. I feel very tired all of the time. I think I may not be eating sufficient calories. I am also going to increase my calories to 1400. It will slow my weight loss but hopefully I will have more energy

Hi Small steps
sorry too hear you have been poorly and definitely if your not eating enough it will make you feel that way so i would try increasing your food intake and see how you go, hope you feel alot better soon.
I have completely fallen off the wagon now, been really poorly and just couldn,t diet really low at min as takes a month too lose afew pound but days too regain it...!!!:sigh:
But my new hamper came so i am going too restart tomorrow do the month hamper then i will combine abit of DC and healthy eating too lose my last bit.
Let me know how your are feeling xxx

Hi Crystel,
I forgot to ask - how did your one month weigh in go?

Dieting takes a lot of energy. The body does not enjoy having less calories. It is especially difficult when you feel ill as well.

I am trying to concerntrate on the positives of my weight loss so far (22lb): 1) looking slimmer - belly is shrinking 2) fitting into some old jeans, 3) feeling fitter (usually).

I do feel extremely tired. I have been thinking about why that is. To compensate, I am adding more snacks during mid-morning.
I have also realised that I may be having some side effects from some supplements, which I bought online. 5HTP are supposed to help with sleep problems, anxiety & hunger, instead I have felt exhausted, disorientated, with stomach upsets! I have stopped taking the tablets and decided to go to the Doctors, instead of self medicating!!

My 3rd hamper comes on Saturday - I am getting excited already! I am hoping to continue with the diet until September. Hopefully by then I will have lost another stone or so.

Hi Small steps
thanks for the reply hope you are feeling better today, and i think its a wise idea too go too the doctor for a check up, i,ve heard of 5thp its a natural amino acid but just because its natural doesn,t mean it can,t have side effects, its used alot for weight loss depression etc but as it stimulates the metabolic rate and produces serotonion it can make you feel abit strange.
Too be honest i didn,t do my monthly weigh in i feel off the diet for 5days and was a real devil...!!!:sigh:
Mainly cos i wasn,t well.
But like you got a new hamper and feel abit more motivated plus your fantastic weight loss motivated me too well done you,:) bet you feel and look great,
But you must start too eat alittle more if you are feeling drained add afew healthy snacks.
If i,m being totally honest with myself i would say i only did diet fully for 3weeks and i am currently even after my BIG slip up including magnums lol 9lbs down so i have too try too stay more motivated now.
Let me know what the doctor says hun really hope you get better soon xxx

Hi Crystel,
I feel much better now. I am still feeling run down, so I have increased my calories by 150 & started taking a health tonic. Plus I am not taking the 5HTP.

I think my poor body is in shock - in the last 8 weeks, I have started a diet, studied for a finance exam and continued working. I have also cut out all coffee, red bull and chocolate. No wonder my body is tired.

I had my first Mars Bar yesterday. Very nice, but I managed to eat it in 4 bites. I barely tasted it, I ate it so fast. I wish I had savoured it a bit more - that was the quickest 280 calories I have consumed.:cry:

I am back on my DC food today. Today I have the exploding Salmon & Vegetable bake. This is going to make such a mess in the office microwave:eek:

Hi Small steps
So glad you are feeling better wow that is alot of changes but i,ve kind of been through alot also whilst dieting i,ve had two family losses, a relationship breakdown and my boiler blow up lol, it is hard too diet when there is lots going on.
I did laugh at your mars bar story i did the same with my 1st bit of chocolate i just ate it so quickly didn,t even get time too enjoy it!!, now i allow myself a small piece everyday and it really helps the craving.
I am back on the plan now and did lose another few pound so guess my overall month weigh in has been just short of a stone, think you have too focus on the positives and not the wobbles you have in the middle
I don,t like fish so haven,t had the pleasure of the exploding salmon lol xx

Last edited:
Hi everyone hope your ok. my diet has stopped this week, i just cant be bothered and sick of eating the same things, so decided to still count my calories but eat different things. I had a major blow out last night and went out with friends and had everything you shouldn't have! I enjoyed myself!

Back on it today. went for an hours walk around the forest, half of me thinks I wont lose anymore weight! argh I blame my parents for my bad genes!!!

Hi Becksie
It looks like we have all had abit of a wobble this week...!!
Both me and small steps have been abit poorly so haven,t dieted, so we are all with you at the moment.
Too be honest i have not stuck too the diet all the time but when i weigh up the whole month ive done i,m still nearly a stone down, so i think you have too give yourself a huge pat on the back for your amazing weigh loss so far, have a few days off then just mix up your food abit, but stick too the same kcals.
The other day i ate all my kcals in chocolate lol but it took off the craving and managed too get back onto the plan again.
Stay strong and remember we are all here for support when you need it xxx

Thanks alot, it's nice that I have other people to relate with! I went clothes shopping yesterday, nothing fitted or looked right! I gave up in the end! All I wanted was a pair of jeans and couldn't manage that! My friends keep telling me how well I've done and how fantastic losing two stones is but when I look in the mirror I just don't see what they do! All I can see is fat arms!
I keep reading on other posts about people going down in dress sizes but I'm still wearing the same size clothes, yes they do look a bit baggy but the next size down is too tight, I'm not sure if this is my head telling me this rather than it being actually true? and I'm used to wearing loose things? Who knows!!
I drive myself mad sometimes! Thanks for your support!

Argh I pressed post by mistake! Nearly a stone is fantastic! Just think this time last month you were a stone heavier so hopefully in another months time you will be well in your way to two stones. Choc helps every now and again! But I crave garlic?? Weird I know! Last night I had garlic steak and creme brûlée cheesecake far to much alcohol think I went slightly over my 1207 calories! But how unhappy would we all be without the odd treat!

I've been having the odd wobble too - lots of friends' birthdays in June and July, so I've been out for dinners a lot. And as for my reunion from my old uni.... there was a lot of wine involved! My fiancé is doing DC with me and is being far more good - but we do tend to use some of our calories on chocolate. The weight's still coming off, so we must be doing something right!
We've discovered that Fry's chocolate creams and Turkish delights are good for calorie content - they can be fitted in without too much calorie juggling :)
I'm sorry to hear you've been ill, Crystel and smallsteps - I hope you're feeling a bit better now.
Becksie, don't lose hope! Two stones is an amazing achievement - I bet you do look different, even if you can't see it yourself. I have a similar problem with dress sizes because I have quite big, um, assets as one of my work colleagues puts it! I've been going to Bravissimo where they design clothes to fit more curvy girls - I'm a size 14 there! Yay! :) xx

Hi forest rose and Becksie
Thanks for posting back its been abit quiet on here lately
I have come off DC for now just had lots of stress and ill health so Doctor has told me not too diet I have a new hamper all ready too go so will get back on it at the weekend.
Think the whole poing of a plan like DC is too adjust it and fit it in around normal life, so days off and social life is going too take you off the plan, but guess it makes you control portion size and eat more sensibly.
Garlic isn,t a bad craving too have lol very healthy, no such luck for me mine is always chocolate...!!!
Keep up the good work you are both doind so well big pat on the back xxxxxxxxx

Yes, we are all struggling, but we are still here! that counts for something.

There are so many temptations - mine are food festivals.... I bought myself a garlic chorizo sausage, intending to have an occasional piece. It was so tasty, I ate the whole 8" sausage! I ended up over my calories for the day by 600!

I am still sticking to the plan on most days. I am having the meals when I am too busy or tired to cook, and calorie counting on other days - when I feel like eating some different foods.

I am also having the occasional healthy treat. Last night I made some pickled eggs - not exactly chocolate, but only 70 calories each!

While the DC meals all seems very similar in texture, if I had not started this diet, I would be much heavier. So I am glad I have found a diet I can follow 90% of the time.

Becksie - when you are next in town shopping, look at your reflection in one of the glass windows. You will see this slim person and you will be surprised to realise that is you!

Back