fessing up to boyfriend

Hey Kay

:woohoo: lost 9.5lbs in first week (weigh in was today). I am fricking delighted! Makes it all worth it, am doing this till xmas and then refeeding. How are you getting on?

nah I fessed up in the end and he made some disapproving noises but since i've been bopping around congratulating myself he's been really encouraging and is kinda cheering me on which is nice

Wow Sheena! Thats brill! Well done!

Do you feel and look slimmer?

I'm still trying. I still can't do TS but am trying as best I can with some low carbs meals in the evenings. I did a sneaky weigh in and have lost 2lbs since Monday but will weigh properly on Mon morning.

am I the only one who's OH said 'about time!' when I told him I was going on a diet hahaha

hi all!

my neighbour said she thought my tummy was flatter and the OH said he could tell (but he has to otherwise he gets baby evils).

My pants are a bit looser but I put on so much weight in such a short space of time am not sure, when I can get back into my clothes I'll know, I'm still living in my size 16 linens and godbless the person who invented leggings and lycra:D.

haha my OH didnt put up THAT much resistance which makes me think he definately noticed that extra two stones... I thought I carried it so well too.....:rolleyes:

Lol Crims... Thats so funny! I wouldve loved 2 c ur reaction!
Sheena & Sam,
Im doing well luckily... IA Iv been TS past 2 days 100% & feeling good. Here's hoping i stay with it.....had busy cpl of days so could be why i havent craved food so much.
Good luck evry1

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So sorry Samiyah am having a ME ME ME day today, 2lbs is great on WS! I think I find TS not too bad cos it's just me and my boyfriend at home and he's the one thats in charge of cooking etc so I'm lucky I don't have to do that, I think I would struggle! Are you cooking etc? good luck for you weigh in!!! I'm sure you'll be pleased!

Crims you are doing great are you doing TS or WS? And my boyfriend is terrified of talking about my weight LOL he sometimes just goes 'er this is dangerous territory so I'm going to be er quiet' bless him.

Hi!

I have 2 young kids so I'm always cooking, baking, preparing snacks. It's hard as I'm very weak willed.
I've already had some sneaky snacks today that I shouldn't.

I need a serious kick up the butt :)

Today, I had my shake then I had some toast which I know is a no no but its the only carb I've had all week, as I'd just made some bread (in the breadmaker, I'm not really a domestic goddess).

My husband wants a take away today so I'll just have some non carb stuff for dinner.

I looooooove my carbs thats why I always find dieting hard.

You ladies seem like you're doing really well :)

don't know how everyone with kids is doing it! my OH has started randomnly moaning about wanting his girlfriend back this morning (this was after a discussion about pastry btw....should tell you something about how I got soooo fat :whistle:)

:whip: ... there you go I cracked the whip for you.... :D. To be honest I am finding this tough, I hate the soups and am absolutely knackered. It's a difficult thing to do and harder when you have to cook and theres food everywhere. BUT it's worth it :)

I'm a total carbaholic as well...arghh

I think you are kinda getting there right, I suppose you could count the calories while trying to ease into it?

Yes, I'm definitely easing myself into it.
Thanks for the whipping, er I think :)

At least I've cut out all the rubbish snacking. Honestly some days I used to eat all day long. I've really cut down and I'm drinking lots more water so thats an improvement.

I'll get stricter next week.

I have a friend who I would NEVER tell about the diet because I know she would never let it go. I was proved right last weekend when we were at a wedding fair (one of our other friends is getting married) and there was a woman there with a stall advertising a VCDL ketotic diet. She was SO rude to the lady and looked incredulous and said to the woman "Why would ANYONE want a ketotic diet??!!?". I said "they're great, like the Cambridge diet, you can lose weight quite quickly." but she didn't listen. I felt so embarrassed for the lady, it was so rude!

Definitely won't be "'fessing" up to her anytime soon. There's no point even trying to explain. Certain types of people will NEVER understand.

am I the only one who's OH said 'about time!' when I told him I was going on a diet hahaha

LOL my DH has certainly not been discouraging me either! :D

I have a friend who I would NEVER tell about the diet because I know she would never let it go. I was proved right last weekend when we were at a wedding fair (one of our other friends is getting married) and there was a woman there with a stall advertising a VCDL ketotic diet. She was SO rude to the lady and looked incredulous and said to the woman "Why would ANYONE want a ketotic diet??!!?". I said "they're great, like the Cambridge diet, you can lose weight quite quickly." but she didn't listen. I felt so embarrassed for the lady, it was so rude!

Definitely won't be "'fessing" up to her anytime soon. There's no point even trying to explain. Certain types of people will NEVER understand.

Aw that's horrible, what a mean person!!! I agree with this, some people are just massive (insert swear) about these things!! And if they do ever find out they expect you to fail completely and almost laugh in your face if you do.

But then on the other hand, I think its pretty important to explain it to the people you live with/are very close with as they might think you are starving yourself... there's no point in causing the people we love unnecessary worry! Asides that it really is no one else's business!

agree with hannata!! who cares what she thinks!! Plus civility doesn't cost anything. You go for it, this is for you not anyone else.

Charan said:
Hey Samiyah,

thought I would check in and see how you are doing? Kay you sound like its going well!!

Yep.. Slowly but surely. Im focusing day by day. Get scared il crash land cos i want this so much nw.
Walking on eggshells lol
Hw u all doings babe?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I love this thread! My husband was worried but hid it really well, then when I quit he was like "I'm so relieved!"

But end of day, this is for me not him. I'm on day 1 again and he's supportive but dubious because I've tried and failed before several times.

However, I don't care too much what he thinks when it comes to Exante - he's either supportive or he wont't be...and so far he's been supportive (LOL makes his life that much easier!!). This journey is tough enough!

My friend's sister lost a bucket load of weight on CD and my firend was so scathing about it! I was shocked. The comments were really negative and then they accused her losing too much weight! She's been at target for over 2 years now and has not relapsed once!

Personally, I've done it the "old-fashioned" way and it's not worked! I'm too busy to count every single calorie that goes into my mouth PLUS workout PLUS hold down a FT job PLUS be a wife/daughter/friend (no little'uns yet...RESPECT to all the MUMS on here) PLUS have a life for me!! Screw it! If you can pay to have someone clean your car/house/carpets/hair, why not pay to have your 'meals' delivered and prepared in order to achieve the best lifestyle you possibly can?

LOL okay off the soapbox now!!

Back