Fever

DQ

Queen of the Damned
Any tips on breaking a fever? Been unwell since Sunday - nausea, aching limbs, etc. Thought I had picked up a friend's bug so was gonna ride it out. But since last night been having hot and cold sweats, lightheadedness, etc. Spoke to my pharmacist (really difficult to get in to see my dr) and she says the bug has turned into a low grade fever, lots of liquids and rest and I should be fine.

I explained about CD and she saw no issues with me following it (I love my pharmacist :cool: ) but my problem is I am meant to be going to Paul McKenna this Saturday, driving up and staying with Diva Lady on Friday night. If this doesn't break soon, there is no way DH will let me drive to London on Friday night which will mean I miss going! :( :eek:

Any suggestions for breaking it quickly, safely and NOT involving food?!

I am not sure there is much you can do, apart from a bit of help from pain killers? I suppose it will just go when its ready to go, but I dont think bugs like these tend to last more than a 4-5 days so fingers crossed youll be feeling top of the world by fri!

Hope you get better soon, I hate being ill!

Did get out and about today doing the school run - will try to sit outside if nothing else tomorrow to help clear my head. Thanks mate ;)

Hope you feel better well before Sat DQ!! xx

paracetamol and nurofen are completely different types of drugs. paracetamol is given in hospital for pyrexia (high temp).

oooo looking at me getting in student nurse mode lol.

p.s. you can take paracetamol and ibuprofen (nurofen) at the same time. x

feel better soon hun. x

Hi DQ

Paracetamol will bring your fever down, and taking it regularly will keep it down, BUT the bug will still be there until it is out of your system. You need to rest too. Fluids are good but on this diet you are doing that anyway.
If it's the bug doing the rounds 3-5 days is the expected recovery time. Had it on days 2 , 3 and four of CD (blamed CD then brother got same symptoms, had to be the bug). Much better now. Recommend high doses of peppermint tea.

hope you get well soon.

Jackie

If it's the bug doing the rounds 3-5 days is the expected recovery time. Had it on days 2 , 3 and four of CD (blamed CD then brother got same symptoms, had to be the bug). Much better now. Recommend high doses of peppermint tea.

Thanks Jackie. Been wiped out with it since Monday so really hoping to be 'back to life' for the weekend. Would be just my luck to miss Paul McKenna and be find and dandy for work on Monday :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you're poorly, hun! Great timing, hey? Sheesh- isn't that always the way!! Well, it is with me, anyway!

My ex used to suffer from fevers quite frequently and his mum (an old witchy nurse) used to tell him to wrap up really warm and go to bed (plus plenty of fluids) to try to raise his temperature and 'break' the fever. I have no idea if this is a good idea or not, but it did used to work for him and he'd be right as rain the next day. I would be wary of making your temperature even higher, but I suppose old wives' tales must have some element of truth in them sometimes.

Anyhoo - I really hope you're well enough to see your totty-boy on Saturday, hun! I know how much it means to you!

(Are you thinking about doing CD again, then?)

I'm on day 13 - lost 15 lbs in my first week :cool: :D, but being ill means water retention *(for me :( ) so not expecting to have lost this week

Blimey - I missed all that!!!! Wow - very well done, you!!! You know I am a fellow camel so got my hooves crossed for your WI this week, babes!!

Thanks matey - was just saying that I'm probably not gonna weigh in this week - would be too disheartening to see no loss. Feeling much more in control now though :)

Back