Fight going on in my head.....

Greeneyes11

Gold Member
I struggle big time with CD, I lost nearly 5 stone on it last year and struggled all the time, my head has battles with itself and I get depressed... I never seem to get into ketosis, I never turn a stick pink/purple except first one of the day, after that it stays a nice beige colour and believe me last time I used to test every day.... so, today after 2 weeks my head has started battling again, today it is why dont I do the new WeightWatchers plan instead of CD, that way I get to eat more healthy instead of cutting our food altogether, but then my head says, because you will only lose half the weight as you do on CD, and back and forth it goes.... so lunchtime, on the verge of giving in, (I am on SS+ - 4 shakes and milk), I decided to have a small meal instead of my shake... and a la Kirsty, I minced up a chicken breast with a couple of mushrooms and half a chilli (not sure if that was allowed), formed it into a mini loaf and cooked it in the oven. I then made up half a choc mint shake into a mix a mousse for dessert (I will have the other half once I pick the children up from school and need warming up as I will have it hot). And well yummy it was too, has definately shut my head up and I am full.... so thank goodness I decided to persevere....

You go Linda!! You know, I have those thoughts in my head all the time, I even took last week off CD i was so exhausted from the (one day SS+, another 810, another whatever). So I cleared my head, and as I draw closer to goal, I told myself, this is the last 4 weeks of SS you're gonna do, after that, you're going to have to start weaning yourself from SS and lose the weight going up the plans. You see, taking the food out of the "equation" - though is not by any means easy, it's the "easiest" way to diet and lose the weight quickly... but I really commend all those who keep food as part of the equation, because let's face it, I don't think any of us are planning to keep on sucking down shakes, having non-consistent soups or runny porridge for the rest of our lives.
I think you're making good choices and you are a great encouragement to me. Thank you again

i think like that too but have you started to use your measuring tape.....? i think its far more effective that the scales at times and 1 inch lost feels better than 1 pound lost at times x
Hugs to you, lovely x

I know what you mean - sometimes I just want the sensation of eating something - and not having yet more liquid! But hey ho, I look forward to my bar each night and keep myself busy.

I only ever test for ketosis in the morning - should I test at another time of the day then? I thought that once you were in ketosis then that was it... as long as you didn't go overboard on the carbs front?

Hi

I get that too and my therapist says it is my "addict" talking to me (which I call my gremlin). The gremlin can be very persuasive and seem to have some very good rational arguments and the worst thing you can do is argue back because once you engage with it you are on a slippery slope and the gremlin is very powerful (been running my life for a long time). I've been advised to tell it to "feck off" firmly and then to distract myself in any way I can. Keep doing this and over the time the voice gets quieter and quieter. But initially you have to be constantly vigilant and treat every thought with suspicion (i.e that it could be your gremlin and not your rational mind)

Thanks for that GG, its very helpful... I do feel much better yesterday after having my meal for lunch, I think I will do the same today.

Congrats hun, you're doing fabulously

When I did LT I was like this ALL the time. I managed 8 weeks the first time and my head was constantly toing and froing over food. It was driving me insane.

This time it's a lot lot easier. My solution = a 7 month old. I just don't have to think! :rofl:

Back