finally a lunch im satisfied with at work for 8 points!

becksjane

its taken some time but i have discovered a filling lunch for 8 points! i seem to be able to fill myself with evening meals much more easily than stuff i can make for work! Anyway i discovered that discovery toilla wraps are 3 points each in wholemeal or normal! so what i do slice up 1 breadless quorn fillet or 1 quorn sausage in 2 wraps with a bit of zero point salsa or something, and then lettuce and tomato and all my salad i want. it looks like a good lunch with 2 wraps! It's quite a relief because i was always hungry till now! Just thought i'd tell people in case the wrap points are little known lol.

i must look for them,,i pointed wraps in aldi the other day and they were 5 each so left them behind:(

Sounds fab, I will deffo have to give that one a go. I've just bought some reduced fat wraps cos the mini ones just looked TOO small.

I always found morrison's own brand of tortilla wraps were fairly low, I'm still doing discover plan so for each it's 1.5 points (not sure about PPs though?) pretty low in comparison to others!

calorie_crusader! Thanks that's brilliant - I've been eating burrito dinners 'naked' with the family (naked burrito.. not myself being naked haha..) but this will make take-away lunches much less messy :)

I have plain discovery wraps and they are 5 on ww online and 6 with the nutritional info

Thats odd - I just put in 'Discovery Foods Mexican Mexican Wholemeal Tortillas' and a 40g tortilla is coming up as 3pp on eSource. What am I doing wrong? The soft flour tortillas are coming up the same...:confused:

Surely a tortilla weighs more than 40g?! Perhaps weigh one, as the values on the site aren't always for the whole item, but for 28g, 40g etc.

:)

Thats the only standard weight option for one. Unfortunately don't have any here to weigh. :(

They're 42g, the tortillas, I get them as 3pp with the NVs too.
I think in my Tescos, they have big tortillas with the fresh bread (which weigh about 60g which would be about 5/6pp) and then these smaller ones in a different aisle with the Mexican stuff...

hello,

the tortillas i buy a normal size. not small not large lol. They are definately around 40g. There's 8 in a pack and the pack is 320g. I used the information off the back with my WW calculator. And they are 3 points. WW wraps are the same size and 3 points so it makes sense to me! There were other tortillas in tesco like the more famous brand in yellow and red that ive forgotton the name of and they were more points.

I'm eating it again today :) 1 quorn sausage in each with tomato, red onion, gherkin, jalapeno and spinach. it tastes like a less bready veggie patty from subway lol.

oh my god just thought of another use for these bad boys! pizza!

A whole light mozzarella ball in asda is 6 points. so could make a zero point tomato sauce with tinned toms and herbs and garlic. and top with veg and the whole mozza ball. the meal would be 9 points!

lol im so giddy about these wraps its sad.

i use them as a "chapati" with curry too as its 6 points for a reasonable amount of rice but with one of these instead of rice its just the 3.

Im totally making that pizza soon!

I am so glad you posted this as the wraps I had were 5 points too - Mission Deli ones! I will look for these ones in the supermarket next to the mexican stuff. I struggle for lunches at work sometimes too and variety is always good.

I have 2 packs of the WW ones in the freezer actually as they were on offer but I have to admit I am not overly keen on them...do these taste more like proper wraps...? :-D

Thank you! x

Thats odd - I just put in 'Discovery Foods Mexican Mexican Wholemeal Tortillas' and a 40g tortilla is coming up as 3pp on eSource. What am I doing wrong? The soft flour tortillas are coming up the same...:confused:

I eat the plain white ones (hubbs won't eat wholemeal)

WW wraps are only 3pp each, and Elephant Atta chapati ones i use as wraps are also only 3pp :)

I've just started the propoints plan and all this kind of info is so so useful, thanks ladies! I've done WW before, but that's when it was normal points, so i've still got all that info in my head and am finding it hard to convert! Am loving this site and all the helpful hints though :) Am defo making wraps for lunch, and I LOVE the pizza idea, yummmmmmm

I have plain discovery wraps and they are 5 on ww online and 6 with the nutritional info
and i pointed them as 4 today:confused:

Back