Finally realised my problem

Quak I can't believe how much you've lost thats incredible! I really enjoyed my 4-5lb a week losses on Lipotrim but could never have stuck it out that long you must have some willpower there hun!

Cheers Cathy, I just got into the zone last July and it swept me through till Xmas and even then I didn't go mad, did alternate days of the diet and eating days (and drinking) and did not put anything on. My hol in Feb was a challenge as we both got ill and doc said we had to eat carbs to get better so my atkins plan went out the window but it soon came off when I got back. Last bit to get rid of now once I settle properly into Atkins and then slim for life is THE plan. :D

I don't get a smell but do get a metallic taste.

Don't worry about how much yr showing on the sticks.. they'll change colour depending on how hydrated you are. Its a bit like being pregnant you either are or aren't... you can't be a little bit!!

Haha like it ditzee, just a little bit pregnant lol.

Glad about the breath as my erm "lovelife" went totally rock bottom when I was on LT as my husband couldn't bear to even kiss me as the ketosis breath was strong and aparently I tasted funny even though I was mainlining 5 litres a day! I'm drinking at least 4 a day now and if its been a while since I had a drink or if I feel dehydrated I can taste the farmiliar badgers bum taste but been checking my breath and nothing so woo hoo theres hope for me yet lol ;)

Tasted funny? :D

Wouldn't kiss me as he could "taste" my bad breath. Lipotrim gives you really strong ketone breath and no amount of listerine can mask it! Does wonders as you can imagine lol

I'm in ketosis again but the only way the scales are going is up. Any ideas or is Atkins just too good to be true for me?

Stick with it Cathy, we all have those times love.

Thanks for reply Jim, will do. Just scared of getting back to square one again.

I know love, but any diet will consist of ups and downs love.

Would love a down to come may way soon, hit my stone mark this morning for what I've gained in 3 weeks. Theres something seriously wrong here but I can't figure it out for the life of me!

That must be so disheartening Cathy... maybe yr someone that needs to keep a check on her cals as well as her carbs? I know I do. xx

Hmmm, I think we need a detailed what you're eating thread love.

Well I've started afresh again yesterday. So heres my game plan:

-I'm not having any cheese and nothing processed, especially laying off the kabanos.
-I'm only drinking water and that will be at least 4 litres a day, more if I can.
-My husbands agreed to go walking with me in an evening and I'll be hitting the cross trainer as I've been really busy this week and other things have taken priority.
-I'm having smaller meals and snacks rather than 3 bigger meals.
-I'm weighing all my veg and only eating strictly whats on the list in the book (no fridge raiders or sausage etc - or frankenfoods as Jim calls them). I worked out that 12oz veg is about 350g? or 250g salad veg and 100g other veg so keeping with those weights. Also keeping it mainly to the veg on the salad list.
-I'm paying attention to what I'm eating and how full/satisfied I am. I'm making conscious effort to eat slowly and concentrate on what I'm eating rather than grazing while watching the tv or something.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou for the support on here its really got me down but I am determined I will succeed at this!!!

I have underactive thyroid and did some research to see if that might be the reason as main throwback with it is being able to gain weight by watching somebody eat lol. But main thing I found was Atkins is one of best diets to do with hypothyroidism so I really want to stick at this as by losing weight it can help my thyroid and reduce the meds.

This is my new meal plan into action:

Yesterday:

Didn't have breakfast as my lunch break is at 11:30am but had 2 litres of water before lunch.
L - 200g cold cooked chicken, 150g cucumber and some mayo
S - 1 egg scrambled with bit of butter
(had to pick husband up from Meadowhall station and ended up going and buying new TV as ours has died so was out lateish)
S - 1 Hazlenut Atkins bar 2.8c (had this while out as didn't want to pig out when I got home.
D - 3 egg omlette made with a bit of double cream and 100g mushrooms.
W - 4-5 litres
E - none

Today:

Again lunch was at 11:30 so no Breakfast and 2 litres of water
L - 1 tin tuna with mayo and 100g cucumber
S - 1 Choc Orange Atkins bar when got it from work before I go on cross trainer
D - Will be either a medallion steak or a chicken breast and 150g mushrooms cooked in garlic butter and maybe some mayo if I have chicken.
W - 5 litres plus
E - 20-30mins on cross trainer then going to walk over to Mums (only a mile there and mile back but every little helps)

Does this sound ok for past 2 days? I can feel some fluid going as I don't feel as bloated today as I did yesterday and the scales said 13st 8lb this morning (slap my hands I know I'm weighing myself but I'm too scared not to at the mo until things start going in the right direction so please forgive me!)

Will do Ditzee, just being super careful at the mo not to go over limits x

and less atkins bars

Looks OK really, I do understand about your thyroid problem though, that is going to make it harder for you cathy.

Cathy, just to say I keep a food diary and do weigh myself every day. On the days after Id had an atkins bar I either gained or STS. If I hadnt had an atkins bar Id lose an oz or 2. My daughter has now removed them from the fridge and is hiding them from me coz they obviously cause me problems of some kind so just be careful with them.

Jo

Oh yes i gained with atkins bars too. Maybe try and have more protein from meat like chicken instead of eggs all the time too?
Also you really need to eat brekkie to get your metabolism going :)
have you tried making the sausage or bacon and egg muffins? I used to make then and pop them in micro for 15 secs. Lush!

I stall big time if i eat the bars so I would save them unless there is absolutely no alternative

Back