Finally realised my problem

xx Cathy xx

Bye Bye Huge Bottom!
Well all thats happened to me since I switched from Lipotrim 2 and a half weeks ago is that I've gained and gained. I've gone from 12st 10lb to 13st 7lb this morning! :mad:

Ok I accept the first few pounds were probably because I was making a huge transition and maybe a couple more have been due to a bit of water retention and the fact I had my Depo Jab last week but the main problem I have discovered today is that I'm no longer in Ketosis!!! I've not been feeling like I am for a little while and my breaths not smelling like ketones so I bought some ketostix today and it showed up 0 ketones :(

I realise the reason for this is my veggies. I promise I have not had a single illegal food but I've been measuring my veggies by sight and not weighing them (slaps hands) and when I have a big salad with celery and cucumber for lunch and spinach/cauli/loads more salad for tea I think I'm having way more greens than I should and all I'm doing by having the meats and fats is gaining weight.

So today is my new day one, starting from scratch! I'm re-reading my Atkins book and I'm going to be so meticulous with weighing all my veggies so I don't make the same mistake again. I'm also seriously cutting down on the cheese and cream until I'm back into the swing of things properly.

It is easy to have too many veggies on induction Cathy. I always think, eat more meat and fat, and make sure you only have the 3 mugs of chopped greens a day.

Carb creep gets me everytime! I usually have a creep after 3 months then have to reign myself back in!

You'll have that off in no time. xxx

Well I've suspected I'd slipped out of Ketosis so have reduced veggie intake last 2 days and fingers crossed the headache I've got at the moment is a ketosis one!

i got some of them metal things from tesco (£3.50) that are the US cup sizes, theres x4 of them, 1cup, 3/4 cup, 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup - i measure all of my veg/salad in these.
On the plus side cathy, as you know i switched from lipotrim to atkins, and a week in ive lost 3/4lb which i know is only a bit, but means that a changeover is possible - ive stayed in ketosis the entire time - so chin up it can and will work :)

Well done on the switch collo, bet you're glad to be on solid food again! Is it just me or did everything taste so much nicer after being on LT for a while due to tastebuds renewing.

Fingers crossed I am getting back into ketosis as I've had a stinking headache this afternoon and I'm getting hints of the familiar dog breath so will be testing myself once a day.

I'm joining you on the headache front Cathy.. off to sit in a hot conservatory to watch swimming now... suspecting headaches only going to get worse. x

Did it clear up ditzee or get worse like you said? Mine got to the point where I felt sick so it better be a bloomin ketosis one lol. Took the best paracetamol in the world though and I'm feeling much better (Tesco's own extra pain relief ones, that good they got rid of my fever when I had swine flu and only 49p a packet!)

ah yes carb creep, we all get that don't we.

Did it clear up ditzee or get worse like you said? Mine got to the point where I felt sick so it better be a bloomin ketosis one lol. Took the best paracetamol in the world though and I'm feeling much better (Tesco's own extra pain relief ones, that good they got rid of my fever when I had swine flu and only 49p a packet!)

Actually it wasn't too bad probably distracted me from it a bit!

How are you doing this morning? x

I have come over from Exante after losing over 100 lbs as this is the way I want to maintain my loss but mine is creeping up a bit day by day - it has been a full week now on Atkins - am hoping it is going to stop going up very soon, don't think I am overdoing the salad and veggies but will keep an eye on it for the next couple of days.
Fingers crossed xx

Actually it wasn't too bad probably distracted me from it a bit!

How are you doing this morning? x

Well I'm not going to say this too loud but I've checked again today using my ketostix and the reading has gone from 0 ketones yesterday to 1.5 today so fingers crossed I may be heading in the right direction. Also had another headache today but as long as they're ketosis ones they're worth it!

Also the water retention seems to be going as yesterday and today I seem to have spent most of the day in the loo!

Will check myself again tomorrow with the sticks and heres hoping for another good result! :D

Glad you're feeling better ditzee, hows your carb counting going? I weighed my cucumber today and have got rid of the celery and replaced it with some more protein.

Well done Cathy.. hopefully you'll see the result that you deserve on the scales too.

I'm really pleased with how its all going... although there are a few things that I'm really missing eating whilst watching my fat intake.. chorizo being one of them, I was a chorizo monster on Atkins!!

Its good isn't it that you can swap things around.. yesterday I was struggling to eat all my cals so had some higher calorie food but no carbs!! Love it!!

Hoping I have turned the corner, scales look to be about a pound less this morning so fingers firmly crossed and sticking to the plan!
Bren xx

fingers crossed here bren. :)

Yay Quak! This is a delicate time - the changeover from a VLCD to low carb maintenance - so keep your nerve.

You seem to be doing wonderfully well and congratulations on such a huge loss. It's wonderful isn't it to have lost a whole 'other person'?

xx

Checked my reading again this afternoon and I'm 0.5, which means I'm still in ketosis and expected it to be a little fainter as I've been mainlining the water this afternoon.

Do you guys get the horrible dog breath while in ketosis that I got on LT or is it hardly noticeable with us eating? I've got similar strange taste in my mouth but can't detect much of the ketone dog breath I had before.

My mouth tastes really awful first thing in the morning but with plenty of water during the day I don't really notice it then.

Yay Quak! This is a delicate time - the changeover from a VLCD to low carb maintenance - so keep your nerve.

You seem to be doing wonderfully well and congratulations on such a huge loss. It's wonderful isn't it to have lost a whole 'other person'?

xx

Yes, and I hope never to see her again lol
:8855:

Back