Finally realising a dream!!

downesy

I've always wanted to learn how to ride a horse, it's been a dream of mine forever. But I've always felt too heavy, I'd probably have killed the poor horse if I'd have tried at the weight I was.
But today I booked my first lesson, it's tomorrow morning and I'm so excited, I can't wait. Just another thing that CD has gotten me to:woohoo:

My daughter rides. She would love me to go but I haven't got the nerve! Hope you have a great time.

Ah thanks girls, to be honest I am slightly terrified!! I'm worried that I won't be able to get up on the horse, or get my leg over it, that there'll be all these pro's at the lesson and they'll laugh...I worry about everything, but it's something I really wanna do and it's also a good workout :)

I'm sure everyone will be in the same boat. Anyway you're not doing it for them, you're doing it for you so only care about you. I'm sure they'll all be feeling the same hun. Your instructor will show you the ropes. You can do it. The things we want most in life are the things that scare us the most. You'll love it. Well done for being so brave xxx

At daughter's stables they have steps, like a winners podium that the adult learners use to get onto the horse. Maybe they will have something similar? They must be used to adult learners!

Sunshine, thank you, they are the words that I want to hear. I'M DOING THIS FOR ME!!!! I know once I get there any nerves I have will disappear, I've been dying for this for years, and I'm not letting a few little nerves ruin it for me.
Oh Reject doll, I really hope they have those steps at the stables I'm going to, that would be brilliant. Fingers crossed xx

Make sure you let us know how you get on. Bet you will have a great time.

So I'm back from the lesson, and although I really do ache all over already I had the absolute best time. It was so terrifingly exciting, the horse seemed huge and I was just waiting for fall off, but it was a dream come true. Rejectdoll, they had a step for the horse which was great, and I managed to get on with little difficulty, I had a one-on-one lesson which was great, I didn't feel any pressure. I started of with slow walking and was told I have a natural lower leg (?), and at the end of the lesson I was doing a fast trot, which is actually really hard, both on my nerves and on my legs/bum/arms etc!! But it was definitely worth it, I had such a good time. Only down part was all of the boots they had were too tight on my calfs, I have such big ones, and even with losing all the weight it's still a problem area, unfortunately it's muscle though rather than fat so I think it'll always be a problem, but I'm heading down to a horse-riding shop later today to see how much a pair of boots would cost me. I know it's early to buy gear but I do think this is something that I'll do for a long time :)

Get yourself some ankle boots. My daughter had a problem with her last knee high riding boots - She could never get them off afterwards! Of course you don't have to buy riding boots yet if you have something like ankle desert boots or look on ebay!

I am so glad you had a good time (and they had a step for you! - That's my Health and Safety head that was talking last night). We are just off to the stables now!

I'll definitely have a look for the ankle boots, actually the girl at the stables did say about them too.
You should have a good at the stable today with your daughter, if I can do it anyone can, it is nerve-wracking at first but you get over that.

Great job downsey. I ride sometimes too. have great fun! It is much easier and more comfortable with my weight down. Glad you liked it.

I'll definitely have a look for the ankle boots, actually the girl at the stables did say about them too.
You should have a good at the stable today with your daughter, if I can do it anyone can, it is nerve-wracking at first but you get over that.

I'll stick to dancing! lol

Back