finally taking control of my body

Waitttttt you don't do drug tests in the UK??????? That awesome. Basically almost every job the company makes you go to this office and you have to pee in a cup about 45ml and they seal and it send it off to a laboratory and they check if you're doing drugs. If you show up positive as drugs in your system then you cannot get a job there. I also had to submit a background check which just allows the company to look at my work history making sure I didn't lie about any job.

There is a farmer 8 miles from here who grows his own stuff (which is weird because we don't live in the farm area) and he sells a lot of fresh fruit; I rather my money go to him.

Walked my dog today:
image-2890008635.jpg

It's only 9:26pm and I'm ready for sleep. I'll be up at 7am doing day 2 of c25k. Nervous and excited.

Nighty night

Wow no we don't do any of that sort of stuff here. Maybe in some high end business in London but I don't know anyone who's done a drug test. They don't test to see if we're lying either, as they get references from previous 2 jobs so no need for checks. If we work in a vulnerable area (care home, children, sick and disabled etc) we have to get vetted for criminal convictions which is good, but apart from that we are left to our devices which I like, although there are signs that is changing :(

exercise sounds good. I wish I could try the C25k but my hours at work are too erratic to settle into a routine. How was it yesterday? X

Well for all the people doing drugs here would probably move there if they knew that they wouldn't get tested for drugs lol. The reason they look through your background is because a lot of people lie about jobs and college; saying they worked there or finished a degree but they really didn't even when they check 3 of your preferences. They also look at your criminal background so if you're a felon you won't get a good job. Some factor jobs would just hire people who were in jail but that's because the government here pays that job to take someone with a bad history in. It's crazy how things are completely different.

Day 1 wasn't too bad, I was covered in sweat but I was able to keep going. I woke up at 5am to do day 2 but it's still completely dark so I'm waiting for it to be 6:45 and it's 5:32 now. I'm feeling sore from day 1 so I hope that doesn't make it harder for day 2 lol.

I'm rambling now. -_-

image-1415946187.jpg

I thought I went much slower this time but I was wrong, I got further.

image-1147974289.jpg

lol never seen this message before but it makes me laugh.

image-1419896565.jpg

Today was not an easy run. I had to keep telling myself to pick up my feet and keep going. My shins do not hurt but the muscle right next to it does. I start week 2 next Tuesday but in the evening since I start a new job. I know that break will help but I'm also worried that even though it's 2 days, it'll be much harder to run. It's going to be 90 minutes jogging and 2 minutes walking. I'm worried I won't be able to do it and will repeat week 1.

-0.4 lost

In the middle of the week I was eating horribly and then weighed myself and saw I gained 3lbs and that scared me so for the past 4 days I've been really good and enough to get loss this week. I'm back in the game.
image-3754591464.jpg

Week 1: 2.4lbs
Week 2: 3.4lbs
Week 3: 2.0lbs
Week 4: STS
Week 5: 2.6lbs
Week 6: 0.2lbs
Week 7: 5.4lbs
Week 8: +0.2lbs
Week 9: 0.lbs
Week 10:
Week 11:
Week 12:
Week 13:
Week 14:
Week 15:
Week 16:
Week 17:
Week 18:
Week 19:
Week 20:
Week 21:

Wow, may I ask where you got that personal trainer?

Wow that was a long time ago hahaha. I live in America and there is a gym called Golds Gym, they aren't popular anymore but when they were they had some great deals. Now personal trainers are $45-$50 an hour and that's just crazy.

Walk to cure for diabetes 5k! Me and my sister.

image-980081384.jpg

I would post the group picture but I don't want to ask 20+ people for their permission for me to post it somewhere.

I am 60 minutes early for my first day at work. I'm not nervous. It's nice and warm in my car and it's 51 degrees outside (about 10 degrees Celsius) and I'm just sitting here. I'm also just typing whatever comes to my mind. Sigh. One of my biggest fears is being late to work so I always get there early, at every job. Surprisingly traffic was not bad which is odd because it's Monday and the two highways I go on are the worst in the state...they even added 2 lanes so there will be 6 total because 4 was just not helping traffic. I forgot my almonds at home so I can eat them at 8:50 for a snack (it's 8:04 now).

Is anyone still reading this? I'm just killing time.

I tossed and turned last night. I took a nap for 2 hours yesterday around 3pm and that messed up my sleep schedule because I'm trying to get in bed by 8:30. I know I know, that's very early but I don't get much sleep.

My sister has agreed to run with me after work tomorrow and Thursday. I'm still nervous about week 2 but I can feel that the "rest" days have helped my muscles out.

I wonder if I'll even like this job. I hope so because I plan on being here for a long time because I need stability for once at a job.

Still reading? High five!

I've been taking these supplements since Friday and they have this contest every month of before and after pictures and you write an essay about your weight loss and stuff like that and the 1st of each month a person wins &10,000. A guy I went to high school with works at one of the supplement superstores and he posts a lot of pictures on Facebook of his clients that he helps. So my point is my sister took a "before" picture of me last night in shorts and a sports bra. I'd like to win some money while going through this journey to getting healthy.

It's 8:12, I've rambled too much and I'm done, haha. Happy Monday!

My job title is Marketing. I had a great first day; I can tell I'll like this job a lot.

There's a mall about 3 minutes from where I work and I think I'm going to apply for a part time position because I get off work at 5 and the traffic can take me 2-3 hours to get home so I rather just find something from 5:30-9 or whenever that store closes. I've never worked in retail but the busy season is coming up so a lot of companies are hiring people to help. I'll try to get something for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after work. I run Tuesdays and Thursdays, it's too important to me so I can't just go and quit. And then there's another retail store that's hiring for part time by my house like 10 minutes and I want to see if I can do Saturdays and Sundays there. 3 jobs? Sure why not lol

My new hours are 8:30AM-5PM which works out well because if I leave at 7, I'll get there around 8 and not have to sit in my car for an hour and wait to start at 9. The place is really laid back and a lot of funny, nice people.

I'm kinda excited to go running tomorrow. Bring it, week 2.

woop woop go you! Sounds like you will enjoy your job, which is something to be proud of in this day!! Good luck finding extra work, although be careful you don't burn yourself out x

Sunday:
image-2497085851.jpg
Today:
image-3161418672.jpg

If my sister wasn't there running with me, I would've quit. Please no one reply to this, I just want to get my feelings out. I felt so disappointed in myself for not getting faster. I went a little bit further but you'd think I would went a lot further since now I'm running 90 seconds but no, I had a damn pity party and my sister just listened to me. Instead of feeling happy that I got through this and that my legs carried my 284lb self for 31 minutes, I couldn't even be happy. Then I pissed myself off for being so stupid towards myself.

I did smile big when I heard it say that I was at the half way mark.
---

Back to my happy self:

I ended up just now buying compression calf support sleeves. The muscle by my shins hurt and my legs have been swelling a lot lately. I can't just up and walk around at work. My sister is in nursing school so she suggested this. She looked and touched my legs and ankles to make sure.

I'll be back Thursday.

I peaked at the scale and I'm confused why it says I gained 3lbs? Most likely from the swelling but my eating has been so well. Having a job helps keep my eating in control.

I called a speciality store yesterday so they can fit me for new shoes and see which is the best but they charge $100-$170....nope, nope, nope. They have lost their minds.

I'm worried about how I'm going to run with this pain. 6:56AM, time to leave for work. Is it the weekend yet? Geez

Just got the news that my aunts lung cancer is back. This time she won't make it.

My whole family is crying. We haven't told my aunt yet but she knows something is up. No one knows how to tell her.

My heart hurts.

Got ready to go out running and my shins just couldn't do it. I was running and landing correctly but still too much pain. Still waiting for compression socks to arrive in the mail and I might go look at shoes.

I still think its stupid how expensive if is to get someone to help you with getting the right shoes.

Sounds like you may be suffering from a condition called shin splints.
It will need time to get better, so don't run yet. You will need to invest in some running shoes with adequate padding to resist the impact of your feet hitting the ground.
Start back by walking. Then power walking when the pain eases. As long as you are getting out of breathe, you will be burning fat. Dont go injure yourself. Take care sweetheart x

Low impact sport like swimming or cycling could be good options whilst you recover. Walking is good too. Whatever you do, don't run - you can pick up where you left when you are recovered x

Back