Finding it SO hard!!!

clairabellx

Hi everyone,

I am finding it so hard today - weekends are always worst. But right now I have just been to the cinema with OH and daughter, and they had MacDonalds on the way home (despite having healthy food already prepped before we went!). I cooked bacon & egg sandwich for OH breakfast today, and am cooking chocolate cake for mother's birthday, right now! Its too much, and its not fair! I find it so hard. Please tell me there wil lbe light at the end of the tunnel if I can just hang on?
Thanks

It will all be worth it when you get on the scales at the end of the week and every week after that. No other diet will give you such quick results. So hang in there, get the weight gone then you can get on with the rest of your slimmer healthier life.
As for the temptation of chocolate cake, just think about that choc flavoured EXLAX that they sell. Enough to put anyone off the brown stuff.

I'm having very serious doubts as to whether I can continue. This weekend is quite hard as it's my first anniversary with my boyfriend, I'm too tired to do anything, it's TOTM making other stuff a bit less desirable, & I feel like it's the worst celebration ever.
I went to my second LL meeting today, & although the first weeks weight loss was good, I have to say the class didn't inspire me the way I was hoping. It seems geared towards a goal of losing weight, whereas I am there because I have major problems with eating, & losing weight at the same time is a benefit of the CBT. I am also losing faith in the program. We are told very strenuously to avoid avoid avoid citric acid, & when I had my first nut crunch bar today & read the packaging, there is citric acid in it! Also having done atkins, I am used to having to stay under 20g of carbs a day to stay in ketosis, & yet the LL foodpacks are nearer to 40g a day.
Having been on here & read a huge amount of threads about people restarting (this is the 3rd time I have joined LL - for various reasons I wasn't able to continue to management before), it seems that people with eating problems who lose weight on SS diets, still regain it, try going back to SS, & develop even bigger problems with binging/SSing & feelings of guilt & failure.
I don't know if I am making excuses with myself so that I can give up or not, but at the moment I have no enthusiasm for the diet at all, although I remain desperate to sort out the head problems that lead to the eating that lead to the weight.
Anyone any advice?

how much does a McDonalds or a slice of cake mean to you, is it worth sabotaging all your hard work and ruining your way in next week? think your smaller body V's Cake? who wins?

I'm having very serious doubts as to whether I can continue. This weekend is quite hard as it's my first anniversary with my boyfriend, I'm too tired to do anything, it's TOTM making other stuff a bit less desirable, & I feel like it's the worst celebration ever.
I went to my second LL meeting today, & although the first weeks weight loss was good, I have to say the class didn't inspire me the way I was hoping. It seems geared towards a goal of losing weight, whereas I am there because I have major problems with eating, & losing weight at the same time is a benefit of the CBT. I am also losing faith in the program. We are told very strenuously to avoid avoid avoid citric acid, & when I had my first nut crunch bar today & read the packaging, there is citric acid in it! Also having done atkins, I am used to having to stay under 20g of carbs a day to stay in ketosis, & yet the LL foodpacks are nearer to 40g a day.
Having been on here & read a huge amount of threads about people restarting (this is the 3rd time I have joined LL - for various reasons I wasn't able to continue to management before), it seems that people with eating problems who lose weight on SS diets, still regain it, try going back to SS, & develop even bigger problems with binging/SSing & feelings of guilt & failure.
I don't know if I am making excuses with myself so that I can give up or not, but at the moment I have no enthusiasm for the diet at all, although I remain desperate to sort out the head problems that lead to the eating that lead to the weight.
Anyone any advice?

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so crappy tonight Cordyella but you have come and here and posted about it so that says that you haven't really given up, in my opinion.

I guess the only advice I may say at the moment is avoid making any drastic decisions while you are feeling a bit fragile (TOTM) and feeling deprived because it is your anniversary.

If it was me I think I would look at all my options after a good sleep as there are so many ways to lose weight and address the "head stuff" as well.

Try and have a nice evening and be kind to yourself ok?

Lacey :) xx

Clairabell!

Life's a *****, isn't it? But it's not forever. There IS light at the end of the tunnel. In fact Clairabell, I'm standing in it just now!

I have just calculated that since 24th August I am a grand total of 91lbs lighter! That's some light at the end of the tunnel isn't it?!?!?!?!?

Today I bought a new fleece in a size 12 that fits perfectly. Back in August it would have been a size 24. That's how far I've come!

If you want what I've got - you have to be prepared to bite the bullet and focus.

DEFFERED GRATIFICATION - the new buzzword that I keep going on about. Be prepared to go through discomfort, boredom, deprivation in order to achieve a distant goal (for example studying for and passing exams or driving test).

So ... I went abroad on holiday and stayed abstinent, I did Christmas and New Year and stayed abstinent, I celebrated lots of birthdays (including my own) and attending lots of parties (including my own) and stayed abstinent. Whatever I did, I stayed abstinent. Because I wanted the PRIZE. Now, all these months later I am getting the rewards. Was it worth it, depriving myself of food and alcohol for all that time? What do you think!!!

Before doing LL I was an INSTANT GRATIFICATION girl. I want it, I get it - now!

Some things are worth waiting for or working for. Will you really scupper your chance for a healthy, fit body and life for a McDonalds or a piece of chocolate cake?

I haven't given up, I don't like making decisions quickly or when I am, like you say, a bit fragile. To be honest I don't actually feel like eating at the moment anyway, which in itself is quite something. Usually at this time of night, & feeling as I do at the moment, I'd be chewing my own fingers off to stop me raiding the fridge & the cupboards.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a clearer day in my head & I will be able to confidently make a decision either way.
To be honest whichever decision I do make I feel will be positive, as even if I stop doing LL, I am still determined to get to the root of my problem somehow. Perhaps another trip to the doctor is in order!
Thanks for your advice x

Clairabel, TOTM is hell on LL/CD, i had the same last week, was it all worth it, i carried through and even had no weight loss on TOTM. im proud to say this week iv lost 5lbs and am soooooo pleased i continued, also you mention your anaversary, congratulations- hopefully this wil be the first of many and think how much happier you will be in a smaller frame! you could plan a mini anaversary say in 6 months and also celebrate your weight loss

I haven't given up, I don't like making decisions quickly or when I am, like you say, a bit fragile. To be honest I don't actually feel like eating at the moment anyway, which in itself is quite something. Usually at this time of night, & feeling as I do at the moment, I'd be chewing my own fingers off to stop me raiding the fridge & the cupboards.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a clearer day in my head & I will be able to confidently make a decision either way.
To be honest whichever decision I do make I feel will be positive, as even if I stop doing LL, I am still determined to get to the root of my problem somehow. Perhaps another trip to the doctor is in order!
Thanks for your advice x

You're very welcome Cordyella :)

I think a trip to the docs sounds like a good idea. I agree, whatever decision you make will be positive. I am a great believer in if somethings not working, then lets try something else :D :D :D

I hope you stay around on here for support and know that we are all here for you and do really understand.

Lacey xx

Hi everyone

Thanks for your kind support. I am NOT going to give in - I have had a tough week but struggled on, so I wll not cave in. But am feeling sorry for myself!!!! I have the TOTM thing too - altho not due till Friday next, I get the lows of PMT for a god week before (still usually 2 wks when not on CD!).

Cordyella - sounds like you and I are in the same place at the moment. I did Atkins before and am accustomed to living on a low fat, minimal carb existence. I sometimes wonder if I should go back there but worry that I am not getting enough nutrients. I will stick on with CD (same carbs as LL I think?). But yes, sometimes if feels hard. I llike what AmandaJayne has to say above (THANK YOU AJ!) It will be worth it in the end, even if we do miss out on a few celebrations along the way!

I will ice and buttercream my mom's chocolate cake in the morning, and have my lovely choc-mint shake for breakfast.

Thanks for your good vibes AmandaJayne and everyone on the site - please keep sending them - I need a steady supply for the next week at least till TOTM arrives!

Take care,

Clairabell!

Life's a *****, isn't it? But it's not forever. There IS light at the end of the tunnel. In fact Clairabell, I'm standing in it just now!

I have just calculated that since 24th August I am a grand total of 91lbs lighter! That's some light at the end of the tunnel isn't it?!?!?!?!?

Today I bought a new fleece in a size 12 that fits perfectly. Back in August it would have been a size 24. That's how far I've come!

If you want what I've got - you have to be prepared to bite the bullet and focus.

DEFFERED GRATIFICATION - the new buzzword that I keep going on about. Be prepared to go through discomfort, boredom, deprivation in order to achieve a distant goal (for example studying for and passing exams or driving test).

So ... I went abroad on holiday and stayed abstinent, I did Christmas and New Year and stayed abstinent, I celebrated lots of birthdays (including my own) and attending lots of parties (including my own) and stayed abstinent. Whatever I did, I stayed abstinent. Because I wanted the PRIZE. Now, all these months later I am getting the rewards. Was it worth it, depriving myself of food and alcohol for all that time? What do you think!!!

Before doing LL I was an INSTANT GRATIFICATION girl. I want it, I get it - now!

Some things are worth waiting for or working for. Will you really scupper your chance for a healthy, fit body and life for a McDonalds or a piece of chocolate cake?

First of all, well done on your weight loss. and secondly, thank you for your words - that is exactly how I feel about doing this diet. I think that I have treated myself, with food, for so long now -hence the weight problem, that it is time to suffer a bit to reach the final goal.

Back