Do you get a good variety of meals for a good price each week/month?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

SW_SHAR

Hello Everyone,

I am so happy to be a part of this network! There are some excellent feeds and forums to support new and old slimming world people!

I started doing slimming world again for the second time just 1 and a half weeks ago. I haven't been a part of the slimming world lifestyle change since 2011 before that.

I HAVE A PROBLEM THOUGH... I hope I'm not alone in this as a new (or old) beginner! CAN ANY EXPERIENCED SW GURU'S HELP ME?

I feel like I'm eating the same things over and over again
and every time I want to try one of the new slimming world recipes to mix things up I have to go out and buy ingredients. I am EXCELLENT at food planning and writing a weekly food planner. I even include new recipes in there but realistically when it come to food shopping I find that I'm spending way too much since I started. I want to get out of this habit NOW before it costs me too much and demotivates me in continuing to better myself and improve my health.​

Any advise on keeping it cheap and varied?
Whats your weekly shopping look like and cost?
Where do you shop?
What sorts of meals are you making in a week to keep things varied?

I think it is going to get better. You will find ways round ir. Ywsterday i skow cooked a shoulder of oort. I made up some montreal rub last week and used it up on the pork last week.

I think it is going to get better. You will find ways round i t.Yesterday i slow cooked a shoulder of pork. I made up some montreal rub last week and used it again yesterday. we had ir with veg etc las nught and today i am going to malke a chinese type stir fry. The pork from Tesco was £2.85

I would suggest either watching hamue olivers cheap meals or getting the book. You may have to adapt a few things but he uses every last ingredienr yo . He also advocates freezing things like chillies and parmeasan to use to grate over . Also zipper bag sauces that you have bulk baked and fr. They take up no room in tge freezer.
I always make thai curry etc and make enough for two meals so some weeks only have to defrost and microwave.

Hope this helps

Faye x .

Oh thank you so much, these are excellent suggestions. I'm going to have a look today at some cook books because I'm doing it at home (based on previous knowledge), I guess you guys are my group. I haven't had anyone to ask about starting out and keeping things varied. I am vegetarian for the month in January (its my annual Christmas detox) but then come February I will have a lot more options. I'm looking forward to having my slow cooked meats and bacon back!

What do you think of the slimming world books?

They are ok. Ive got two but i also use gillian mckeiths u r what you eat. Then i often just look things up on the net and keep any i like in dropbox on my phone.
Made the cauliflower rice earlier. I fried onion blitzed rice in processor added garlic granules. Mixed and put in oven. Put a drizzle more oil on. Put some bacon in for tmoz but you could add veg and spices. Spices before ot goes in oven.
Another thing i tried today was the rice pudding. Comes out wuite thick so you can add to low fruit yoghurt to make like a muller rice

Banana pancakes were felish. Mash two bananas beat two eggs then whisk together. Add sweetener Makes three small or two larger. I used it all and saved some for tomoro.
Have with natural yoghurts and gruit ie berries
I ve only been back on it for about a week and all these thing s the membets suggest are so good.
Keep in touch
Faye

They are ok. Ive got two but i also use gillian mckeiths u r what you eat. Then i often just look things up on the net and keep any i like in dropbox on my phone.
Made the cauliflower rice earlier. I fried onion blitzed rice in processor added garlic granules. Mixed and put in oven. Put a drizzle more oil on. Put some bacon in for tmoz but you could add veg and spices. Spices before ot goes in oven.
Another thing i tried today was the rice pudding. Comes out wuite thick so you can add to low fruit yoghurt to make like a muller rice

Banana pancakes were felish. Mash two bananas beat two eggs then whisk together. Add sweetener Makes three small or two larger. I used it all and saved some for tomoro.
Have with natural yoghurts and gruit ie berries
I ve only been back on it for about a week and all these thing s the membets suggest are so good.
Keep in touch
Faye

Wow thanks for all that info. I have a question about the banana pancakes though. In my first week I was over joyed about them but them remembered I have to syn for cooked fruit. Do you know how many syns there are in the banana pancakes? I also read somewhere (I think) that cooked fruit can be used as healthy extra B?

I have so much to learn, I have been watching youtube video's since I started. Managed to find some new recipes and variations at low cost.

It is an eating plan that takes some getting used to but once you are there it s amazing. I made sw rice twice. Once in the oven and in slow cooker yesterday. Add yohurt or jam have it hot or cold. Free if you use your milk as he. Use sugar substitute. I took a while and a few tries and am on top of it now. More importantly am losing weight .

Hello Everyone,

I am so happy to be a part of this network! There are some excellent feeds and forums to support new and old slimming world people!

I started doing slimming world again for the second time just 1 and a half weeks ago. I haven't been a part of the slimming world lifestyle change since 2011 before that.

I HAVE A PROBLEM THOUGH... I hope I'm not alone in this as a new (or old) beginner! CAN ANY EXPERIENCED SW GURU'S HELP ME?

I feel like I'm eating the same things over and over again
and every time I want to try one of the new slimming world recipes to mix things up I have to go out and buy ingredients. I am EXCELLENT at food planning and writing a weekly food planner. I even include new recipes in there but realistically when it come to food shopping I find that I'm spending way too much since I started. I want to get out of this habit NOW before it costs me too much and demotivates me in continuing to better myself and improve my health.​

Any advise on keeping it cheap and varied?
Whats your weekly shopping look like and cost?
Where do you shop?
What sorts

Make a plan.
From the plan make a list
Vary the food
I find frozen chicken breast are so versatile
Mke double and freeze
Bulk mke sauce and put in zipper bags in freezer
You know the cheap supermarkets so try them out
Save recipes in dropbox or other apps
Use this site for healthy swops
Make veggie meal a few times to keep cost down
If you nessvup join the club we all do it

Thank you so much for being an excellent member of this site! I will take on board all of things you have suggested. Mainly the 'make it twice' & 'freezer bags' idea. I have been doing slimming world for 1 month now and I feel much better than before. I've managed to lose 7lbs in my first month which I am happy with. I know some people lose loads on their first weigh in but I don't need the BIG LOSE at the beginning because my motivation to lose weight is coming from a much deeper desire to be healthy and body positive!

I can't wait to see where this journey takes me. Thank you for the excellent advise. Also well done for losing weight too. It's hard but no one is alone.

Back