Bella's SW diary

Wed 31st May

1st day back on plan - went OK - but not enough speed - I intended to have a stir fry but came home from work tired and hungry and had the quickest thing I could find on plan. Also not enough water.

Breakfast: 35g cornflakes (Hex B) with skimmed milk (1/2 Hex A), crustless quiche (egg, bacon, mushrooms, onion, cheese - 1 sys) and 2 coffees with milk
Snack: Apple, pear
Lunch: Chicken tikka and salad (lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, sweetcorn - no dressing)
Dinner: 3 crustless quiches - 3 syns
Other drinks: mint tea, 2 lts water

Syns: 4

Thur 1st June (OMG June already - where is the year going???)

Good day - all on plan

Breakfast: 35g cornflakes (Hex B) with Islandic yogurt (have not had this before but really like it - even thicker and creamer than Greek yogurt but syn free) and 2 coffees with milk (Hex A)
Lunch: Chicken breast and veg (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower)
Dinner: Chicken stri fry with oriental veg (3 syns for oil) also picked at some roast veg that I cooked for lunch tomorrow - smelt too good I could not resist (2 syns for oil)
Other drinks: black coffee, 3 lt water

Syns: 5

Hi Bella! Here to subscribe :) Your food sounds delicious.

Hope you enjoyed your holiday- where did you go?

I can see you struggle with the wine- I do too!! Have you tried having it with soda? I usually have a small/ medium in a large glass topped with soda- saves a couple of syns and because it's in a large glass I don't feel deprived...

Also (and I know it can be considered cheating!) but seems you like a few indulgences on the weekend have you considered moving your weigh day to a Friday? Means you have the whole week to work off any naughtiness- rather than feeling like the weekend binge has ruined any good work.

Hope you have a fab day today.

Fri 2nd June

Started well but ended badly!

Breakfast: 35g cornflakes (Hex B) with Islandic yogurt and a handful of rasberries and 2 coffees with milk (Hex A)
Lunch: Chicken breast with roasted veg (perrier, squash, onions, courgette - 3 syns for oil)
Snack: 2 apple
Dinner: Lots of Lebanese picky food (was delicious!) with 2 or maybe 3 glasses of wine (hard to judge with lots of small top up) - don't even know how to start counting so won't bother.
Other drinks: black coffee, 3 lt water

Syns: Lots!

Had been planning a relaxed weekend plan wise but after last night I will need to be more controlled and careful.

Hi Bella! Here to subscribe :) Your food sounds delicious.

Hope you enjoyed your holiday- where did you go?

I can see you struggle with the wine- I do too!! Have you tried having it with soda? I usually have a small/ medium in a large glass topped with soda- saves a couple of syns and because it's in a large glass I don't feel deprived...

Also (and I know it can be considered cheating!) but seems you like a few indulgences on the weekend have you considered moving your weigh day to a Friday? Means you have the whole week to work off any naughtiness- rather than feeling like the weekend binge has ruined any good work.

Hope you have a fab day today.

Hi Freakydarkstuff,

Thanks for stopping by - I was in Malaysia. Had a fab time.

I like the soda idea - have not tried that before but sometime I do white wine with lots of ice. I will try soda next time (maybe tonight!).

I did think about moving my weigh in day and I might still do it but I hesitate because my weekend indulgences might get a lot worse ....

Weeks turned into months but finally I think my head is back in the right place and I started again today. I think the issue is that I was so focused on achieving something for my holidays I didnt think enough about what happened afterwards. Reading other diaries on here seems to be a common issue. So this time I don't have a specific date or occasion but I am just going to go day by day. My aim is to be pretty strict for 30 days (does not seem like much - right?) and then re-assess where I am

Day 1
Thursday 7th September

Breakfast: 35g cornflakes (Hex B) with yogurt (2 syns) and 2 coffees with milk (Hex A)
Snack: Apple, 2 plums
Lunch: Chicken breast with steamed veg (Butternut squash, broccoli, savoy cabbage, kale)
Dinner: Bowl of Moroccan chicken and chick pea soup (need to check syns) with steamed veg (carrots, baby sweet corn, broccoli, sugar snap)
Other drinks: black coffee, 2 lt water, now drinking a peppermint tea and might have another one before bed

Total syns:

Day 1 again ....
Monday 18th Sep
Weight this morning 137.4

Breakfast: 35g bran flakes and 2 coffees all with skimmed milk
Lunch: small spiced lemon lentil soup from birley, slice brown bread
Dinner: 2 eggs scrambled, oat toast and a side of broccoli
Drinks: 2 ltrs water, 3 cups of peppermint tea

Finally- also have a day 2 to report!
Tuesday 19th September

Breakfast: bran flakes, fat free Greek yogurt, large handful of raspberries and 2 coffee with skimmed milk
Lunch: chicken breast and steamed veg (kale, butternut squash)
Dinner: oat pancake with chicken tikka and a side of asparagus
Other drinks: 2ltr sparkling, 2 mugs of peppermint tea

No snacking! And surprisingly I don't feel hungry. Feeling really positive actually.

Day 3
Wednesday 20th September

Breakfast: 35g bran flakes with zero fat Greek yogurt and a large handful of resberries, 2 coffees with skimmed milk
Lunch: skinless chicken breast with steamed veg (broccoli, butternut squash, kale)
Dinner: chicken tikka wrap thing (wrap thing was an oat bran pancake)
Other drinks: 2 and a half ltrs water, 1 black coffee, 2 peppermint tea

Might need to move my diary- thus is looking more like Dukan diet than slimming world!

Day 4
Thursday 21st September

Breakfast: 35g bran flakes with zero fat Greek yogurt and a large handful of resberries, 2 coffees with skimmed milk
Lunch: skinless chicken breast with steamed veg (broccoli, butternut squash, kale)
Dinner: chicken tikka with steamed veg (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
Other drinks: 3 ltrs water, 1 black coffee, 2 peppermint tea

Another good day - and a bit more speed, and a bit less dukan.

Day 5
Friday 22nd September

Dinner: chicken tikka with steamed veg (broccoli, asparagus and peas) + oat pancake
Other drinks: 3 ltrs water, 1 black coffee, 2 peppermint tea

Really happy to have completed 5 days on plan - now just need to get through the weekend!
I am out for dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday but am determined to stay on track.

Day 6
Saturday 23rdy September

Bit disheartened by the gain but then TOTM started earlier that I expected so think that's the reason.

Breakfast: 35g bran flakes with zero fat Greek yogurt and 5 raspberries (that all that I had left), 3 coffees with skimmed milk
Lunch: M&S hot smoked chicken with salad (lettuce, cherry tomatoes, peppers, red onion)
Dinner: (out) glass of sparkling wine, prawns in tomatoes based sauce, hake with veg (carrots, kale, samphire), tomato and caper salad, 2 bites of an enormous chip cooked in duck fat (yum)
Other drinks: 3 ltrs water, 2 cups of tea with a splash of milk

Not perfect but not bad considering out for dinner

Back