First 10k run...Done!!

hey all

Just had to share my excitement at completing my first 10k run today. My time was 1 hour 14 minutes. I have been training for the Leeds 10k in July for the past couple of months. I couldn't run for 5 minutes when I started in February so I'm very happy!! I've just started taking Xenical too, so hopefully with the combination of exercise and low fat...things should be looking up....or down!!

Are there any other runners on here?

Congrats - that's some achievement!

I'm just starting running and I'm up to about 5 minutes at a time on intervals, and my aim is a 10k (hopefully this year, but if not, then next!).

Well done - 10k is a very decent distance to run.

Thank you!! :) I run about 3 - 4 times per week, worked up from running one mile and adding distance on each time. It's amazing how much you have to think about when you do run...breathing...pace...how your foot lands etc.. It's so worth it at the end though!
Regarding weather...I've run in all sorts, I find the duller days easier as it's cooler. If I can advise from a beginners perspective though, do get some decent trainers and one of them runner tops (can get them at sports direct for about £5), carry some water and pop your mp3 player to some motivating music!

Scanbran - I think having a target to reach really helps when you start...if you don't fancy a 10k now...have a look for some 5k runs. If you go on runnersworld website, there are a lot of events all over the country. :)

That's fantastic, well done.

well done. i took uprunning 10 weeks ago and im clocking up 5miles so far but have the gsr to aim for in mid oct which is 10 miles! it seemed daunting at the beginning but it gets easier doesnt it :)

go you xx

Wow, amazing!! Ive been running for a few weeks, on and off, as I have plantar faciaitis, and some days I just cant do it, but I ran for 15 minutes the other day, and was so delighted with myself. I havent tried off the treadmill though, am scared to!! Im aiming for 5k first. You must feel so chuffed!!

i think thats an excellent way to do it...its what im doing lol

good luck for then, i reckon thats doable! are you planning on carb loading the day before or just going to take it as it comes?

hx

You're right, you're mental ;)

Back