First Dukan Diet/Diary

FireAngel

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the Dukan Diet. I have been on it for about 2 months now and Feel completely depressed about it. I've only lost 15 pounds and I have come to a stand still.

Today I decided I wasn't going to the gym, 1 because I was tired and 2 because I was helping a friend around town with her shopping I figured with her kids and Mine that we should get a pretty good workout.

So for Breakfast I had, Better 'n Eggs Southwestern Style Egg whites with homemade Greek yogurt some Honey and 2 Tablespoons of Oat Bran.

For Lunch I had a salad with tomatoes, onions, 2 jumbo boiled eggs, a can of tuna in water and Hidden Valley light ranch dressing.

For dinner I will be having 2 Chicken Breasts with a sugar free Peach marmalade and some Home made Greek yogurt with honey.

Water I have 4 Liters

Hi Angel

Your menu looks great but be careful of things that say "sugar free" or "light" they may still contain ingredients that are forbidden. You want to be avoiding alot of hidden sugars, salt etc etc

If you are stalling ad much as you said u r i would cut out the honey and dressings! I made the mistake of thinking a balsamic dressing was the same as balsamic vinegar only to find it had sugar in it!

Good luck!

Hi Angel

Your menu looks great but be careful of things that say "sugar free" or "light" they may still contain ingredients that are forbidden. You want to be avoiding alot of hidden sugars, salt etc etc

If you are stalling ad much as you said u r i would cut out the honey and dressings! I made the mistake of thinking a balsamic dressing was the same as balsamic vinegar only to find it had sugar in it!

Good luck!

Thank you so much, I will cut that out. I was thinking about making a huge turkey and eating that thing so I know i'm getting the right amount of protein. I will cut out the sauces. How about Horseradish though?

the peach jam is also a no no as its fruit :)

I wouldn't... just to be safe. you have to be pretty strict in the beginning (from what I know) in order to achieve max results. As anyone here will say and have told me - the slightest deviation can and will kick ya out of ketosis!

You're in the States, I see, so you have products available which we don't know. However, if you've been eating honey and jam, you're unlikely to be in ketosis which is probably why your weight loss has stalled...

I'd advise 2 strict PP days, and then return to your alternating days of PP and PV (I presume that's what you do). You could consult our recipe section for meal ideas. If in doubt, best not where sauces are concerned. We can make most things ourselves anyway, or check out the small print before buying.

Good luck and, if you post daily detailed menus (for instance, what else do you drink other than water?), I'm sure we'll get your weight loss moving again.

:)

Hey FireAngel :) I'm also in the States so if you want to discuss any of the tricks and tips I've been using let me know :) My hubby has an insatiatable sweet tooth and has sourced all sorts of lovely things that are allowed and some that are tolerated :D It's made things much easier for me :p

You're in the States, I see, so you have products available which we don't know. However, if you've been eating honey and jam, you're unlikely to be in ketosis which is probably why your weight loss has stalled...

I'd advise 2 strict PP days, and then return to your alternating days of PP and PV (I presume that's what you do). You could consult our recipe section for meal ideas. If in doubt, best not where sauces are concerned. We can make most things ourselves anyway, or check out the small print before buying.

Good luck and, if you post daily detailed menus (for instance, what else do you drink other than water?), I'm sure we'll get your weight loss moving again.

Thank You, I am going to do the Attack phase again to get me back in the groove of things. 3 days of PP and then No sauces! I know I can do this! I also drink only water, sometimes a glass of skim milk with my breakfast

Hey FireAngel :) I'm also in the States so if you want to discuss any of the tricks and tips I've been using let me know :) My hubby has an insatiatable sweet tooth and has sourced all sorts of lovely things that are allowed and some that are tolerated :D It's made things much easier for me :p

Silversilph that would be awesome. I would love to see some of those ideas! I also have a huge sugar craving.

Okay, today was my PP day I did pretty well.

I went to the gym did 4 miles of cardio, yay!

B: Egg whites, 1 Jumbo Egg, shrimp. 2 Tablespoons of Oat bran and Non-fat Yogurt

L: 2 Roasted Chicken wings, 2 roasted chicken thighs and legs w/horseradish.

D: Chicken Parmesan w/non-fat mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce!

Curious? Can you have tomato sauce on a pp day? If not I will scrape it off.

Chicken Parmesan? What would your recipe have been?
You can get NON fat mozzarella there? if so, I'm jealous! Mozzarella isn't ok for Dukan in Europe. No tomato on PP day.
Methinks you might get bored very quickly of chicken!

Plain chicken sounds good.
I have never tried Horseradish sauce.
Sometimes I like to use hot chilli sauce.
I try and change condiments to see which I like best and to not get bored.

Angel,

lean steak is absolutely fine! Especially grilled. Someone please re-post the list of 100 foods? It's probably in the frequently asked questions at the top.

Have you got the book? It's a must-read if you want to follow the diet properly, even available on Kindle now.
Amazon.com: The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever (9780307359919): Pierre Dukan: Books

What's in the horseradish sauce? It is pre-prepared? then I'd suspect carbs in there in the form of sugar and thickener? For flavouring stick to plain herbs and spices (watch out for sugar in mixed things like 'chinese rub' and the like).
My staples are Parsley / chives / thyme/ Oregano / Basil
Paprika / Chilli / Ginger / Pepper / Coriander /Cinnamon etc etc

You can use plain tinned tomatoes, or tomato puree concentrate (again check it's only tomatoes no added sugars) and mix your own tomato sauce (for PV days)
Mustard is another good one, and allowed (not sweet mustard, again, because of the sugar)

Angel,

lean steak is absolutely fine! Especially grilled. Someone please re-post the list of 100 foods? It's probably in the frequently asked questions at the top.

Have you got the book? It's a must-read if you want to follow the diet properly, even available on Kindle now.
Amazon.com: The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever (9780307359919): Pierre Dukan: Books

What's in the horseradish sauce? It is pre-prepared? then I'd suspect carbs in there in the form of sugar and thickener? For flavouring stick to plain herbs and spices (watch out for sugar in mixed things like 'chinese rub' and the like).
My staples are Parsley / chives / thyme/ Oregano / Basil
Paprika / Chilli / Ginger / Pepper / Coriander /Cinnamon etc etc

You can use plain tinned tomatoes, or tomato puree concentrate (again check it's only tomatoes no added sugars) and mix your own tomato sauce (for PV days)
Mustard is another good one, and allowed (not sweet mustard, again, because of the sugar)

I do have the book I love it, I re-read it every so often. I'll have to look again, but i'm sure the book states you can use horseradish . But don't quote me on that!

Today was a off routine day. I only had 2 liters of water normally I have 4.

I ended up having Brunch because I ate so late it was Plain Chicken breast with horsey sauce.

Dinner I had a 1.5 LB steak YUP I ate it all! I didn't however get to go to the gym BUMMER. But I'm happy with the results I saw yesterday So I will keep up with the good work!:D

Ok list of our "cheats" (cause thats what they feel like)

Smuckers SF Hot Fudge Topping
Life Savers SF mints and fruit hard candies
Werthers Original SF Hard candies
Jello SF (both jello pots and pudding pots - not the fat free versions as these have lots of sugars)
Crystal Light - rarely as sugar is kinda high
Jerky (kirkland brand)- rarely
Vinegars from the Oil and Vinegar shop cause they have a huge variety, great for salads
SF pick and mix candies
SF Redvines
SF Hot Apple cider mix - makes a great apple flavour yogurt with 1/3 of a satchet
CoolWhip Free
Maple Grove Farms Lo-cal SF maple flavour syrup

I'm pretty sure there's more but I can't remember them right now.

Back